Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP] Twisted Saddle

Randimaxis

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/153012-ooc-twisted-saddle/

Twilight Sparkle wiped away her tears.

"... but I don't LIKE this; isn't there another way?"

A low chuckle.  "But of COURSE there are other ways, my dear... however, ALL of them ask or a sacrifice that's a bit TOO far out of your league to grant, don't they?  Elsewise, you'd have already DONE them."

The Princess of Equestria had a LOT on her plate: ever since the Great Catastrophe, she had been in charge.  Celestia and Luna both had simply vanished along with the threat they sacrificed themselves to rid the world of, and had left poor Twilight to try to pick up the pieces and rebuild.

This had proven harder than anypony had ever thought; MAGIC was almost completely gone from the entire land since the incident, and there was no rest or respite in sight.  She and Cadence had been handling the Royal Duties in the interim, but it had been mostly the purple pony herself that did much of the heavy work.

Cadence was the one who was dealing with the Crystal Empire still... but she DID have control of the moon, just as Twilight had to take over the sun-raising duties.  And even though she had the highest concentration of magic in the entire kingdom... that magic was growing weaker by the month, and Twi knew Equestria wouldn't... COULDN'T last without its' magic.

THAT was when the zebra came, and he offered what sounded like a miracle of epic proportions: he offered to bring magic back to the land.  Welllllllll... maybe not completely, but at least enough to help Equestria survive.

The zebra said he had PLENTY of magic available; he wanted to utilize it for some sort of 'contest', and whatever residual magic was left behind was available to any and all her other subjects.  He had promised there would be QUITE a bit of magic, so even the leftovers of this... 'contest'... would be useful.

Twilight had heard his proposal, and also what he had in mind for the contest... and it horrified the alicorn to no end.  Yet, her hooves were tied; many of her subjects, including her own best friends, had been badly affected by the loss of magic - some, irrevocably - and at this point, she felt as though the entire Equestrian nation was slipping away from her.

Desperate times, dot dot dot.

Twilight let out a huge, weary sigh and looked back to the zebra.

"... as much as it pains me to approve this... this 'contest'... I will do so, for the sake of Equestria.  You are cleared to do as you have said, and I will make sure that there is no outside interference."

The zebra smiled wickedly.

"Very well, then... Princess Sparkle, I thank you for your time, and I DO hope you profit MOST graciously from my little game."

He stood, once more donning his fedora and tossing a casual glance at the pony princess.

"You and your nation will get EXACTLY what they deserve."

As he stepped out of the throne room, Twilight shivered.

That's what I'm afraid of, she worried to herself.

==============================================

The cider bar had seemingly appeared out of thin air; one day it wasn't there, and the next day it looked like it had been there for years.

The sign out from proclaimed the establishment to be "CALYPSO'S", and it looked like it was close to being condemned anyhow: rotten flooring, strangely-stained walls, a leak-stained ceiling and to call the furniture 'rustic' would be an insult to rust.

However, one thing alone made this a VERY special place - MAGIC WORKED FLAWLESSLY IN HERE.

Unicorns that hadn't had even the dimmest spark in years were able to do everything they had been able to do before the Catastrophe; it was like nothing had changed.  Because of this, EVERY unicorn in Equestria wanted in... but they were denied at the door, and were physically unable to cross the threshold.

Unless they had an invitation, that was.

And only CONTESTANTS got invitations... in fact, it was HERE that all of the contestants were supposed to gather.  And gather, they would.  Because regardless of the reason or rhyme of the contest itself, which demanded the use of the automobiles that Equestria had taken up after the fall of magic, the WINNER would be granted ONE WISH - regardless of SPACE, TIME or even LOGIC.

One wish.  WHATEVER they wanted, no questions asked.

And with very little magic left in Equestria, wishes were in HIGH demand.

• Brohoof 1

A greet of the day was the norm for Copper, but ever since the incident, he wasn't sure about what to do, that is until he heard about a contest. A contest that required... automobiles? He wasn't sure about this, but the competitive spirit that was inside overtook him. And being able to grant ONE wish, would be a priceless thing to have. He always had dreams of breaking the sound barrier with his Spin Dash, and he was ready to do it.

And he had the right vehicle for the job. He got into his Zentorno, which he had bought ever since getting enough bits from the Blackwater Quarry, and drove over to where the competition would be held.

• Brohoof 1

A bright purple Bentley R-type continental parked outside the recently build cider bar known as Calypso's. The car door opened and a masked unicorn stepped out. His name was Hooligan and he had come to Calypso's for the same reason every other Unicorn had come here. But unlike every other unicorn he had come by invatation.

Hooligan grinned widely as he walked past the hundreds of other unicorns who were trying to get inside. He got to the front of the line and showed the doorman his invite as he smugly walked inside.

As soon as he was inside he felt the magic flow back in him. It was intoxicating. He looked down at his ticket. Hooligan hadn't really read it properly, all he could remember was that he needed to come here with a car and that there was a wish offered to the winner.

Hooligan knew exactly what he was going to wish for. He was going to get all the powers of Discord. Ever since he was a child he loved the stories of Discord. But when he reformed Hooligans heart broke. That's why he was going to win this contest and become the next lord of caos.

• Brohoof 1

The inside of Calypso's was thick with the smell of old cider, mildew and horse butts.  It had the general ambiance of a cross between a Hawaiian Tiki Bar and a condemned locker room.  A strange-looking jukebox sat in the corner, cracked and worn and with no visible selections for purchase... yet it still had buttons, and it played all the same.

The walls, aside from different kinds of stains, was decorated with a number of things: a set of grainy old photographs depicted different areas around Canterlot, a half-worn portrait of King Sombra, a landscape painting of the Palace of The Two Sisters (while it was still whole), what looked like a child's drawing of Manehattan, an ancient-looking chart with a number of magical calculations on it, a somewhat scandalous photo of a line of chorus mares - all in burlesque finery and smiling lasciviously.  There were other things here as well, though many of them simply looked like they were added to give the place an almost 'tourist trap' feeling... emphasis on the 'trap' part.

There were a number of contestants already inside, many of them seated by themselves.  The air was heavy with anticipation, and one could almost feel the stares of eyes unseen, no matter where they decided to seat themselves.  In all, there were twelve other ponies here, all sitting and waiting for whatever was going to go on here to begin.

==================================================

@DwhitetheGamer 

As Copper reached the address the invitation implied, he laid eyes on CALYPSO'S bar... and the parking lot.

The lot was surrounded by a chain-link fence, topped with a spiral of vicious-looking razor wire and guarded out front by a seedy-looking stallion in a greasy vest and cap that proclaimed him to be the 'VAL-T', the 'E' having fallen off at some point in time long ago.  He looked up from his Playmare magazine as the spiky blue pony's vehicle approached.

"Invitation, or get lost," he said with a dismissive shrug.

When Copper showed the slip of gold-leaf paper, the stallion grunted and pulled a lever that opened the gate, allowing Copper to drive inside and park.  There were a number of other vehicles here... all of them looked very... unique...

There was a path that led from the lot to the cider bar, and a side door that allowed access back and forth to the bar without having to muck about at the front door where the rest of the desperate ponies were trying to figure out how to get in.

As soon as Copper Strikes walked into the humid, fragrant air of the bar, he felt magic course back into his body - he could run a mile in a minute, if he wanted to.

========================================================

@Dapper Charmer

{WELCOME!}

You have been cordially invited to participate in the TWISTED SADDLE Tournament.

There is no entry fee, and the only requirement is for you to provide a vehicle of your own.  This vehicle will undergo a 'modification process' which will allow it to be used within the tournament, which by accepting this invitation you hereby accept with no negotiation.  This vehicle will become the sole property of this tournament until such a time as a winner is decided, at which point all rights and responsibilities for such shall revert to it's owner.

The Grand Prize of the this tournament will be a single, solitary wish that shall be granted to the winner; this wish has absolutely NO limits or restraints in regards to allowances - even reality itself will not be an issue to the limits of the wish.  The tournament offers only a FIRST PRIZE; there IS no Second Place.  

The proprietor of this tournament, nor the tournament itself shall NOT be held responsible for any losses that may occur during the contest; enter at your own risk.

If, after all of the above, you still have a thirst for winning your heart's desire, then arrive at CALYPSO'S no later than midnight, one week after this invitation arrives in your possession, and you and your vehicle shall be entered.  For the answers to any further questions, speak to the bartender.

WELCOME TO TWISTED SADDLE.

The invite read off kinda strangely... but it wasn't exactly the local spelling bee, either.

Stepping further in, Hooligan could see a gathering of ponies here, mostly sitting by themselves.  Behind the bar itself was a zebra who was busily mixing a drink... yet, as Hooligan came inside, the zebra looked up and gave him a smile like a barracuda before setting his attention back on the drink he was making.

The other contestants glanced up momentarily at the newcomer, than simply went back into their own little worlds.

• Brohoof 1

When Copper showed his ticket, a lot of strategies went through his mind. Most of them involved ramming into vehicles, but he knew it wouldn't work. Whatever the case, he had to try something to win this contest.

When he got in, the magic coursed through his body like it was nothing. He felt as if he could be the fastest Earth Pony all over again. He parked his Zentorno near what looked like a Formula 1 racer, and trotted inside the bar. Inside, he took a seat near a rainbow maned pegasus, and said, "Pretty excited for this contest. What about you, miss? What wish did you have in mind?"

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

She turned to look at the blue pony.

"Wouldn't YOU like to know?"  She spouted off, then sat back in the booth with a sigh.  "Eh, I guess it couldn't hurt - I mean, you could tell me yours, too... but since I'M gonna win this thing, it's kinda pointless."

She sat up and a spark of life lit up behind her eyes.

"So you know how the Big Catastrophe pretty much decimated most of the Royal Defense Forces, right?  Well, when I win this contest, I'm gonna reinstate Equestria's first and best line of defense... I'm gonna wish the Wonderbolts back into existence!"  She smiled proudly at that.

"I'll wish 'em ALL back!  They haven't been seen since the Big POOF, and Cloudsdale's got guards patrolling every corner of the place... but they AREN'T the Wonderbolts!  It's about time Equestria got back the most butt-kickingest fliers there ever were, and THIS pegasus is gonna make it happen!"

She put her hooves behind her head as a look of smug satisfaction crossed her muzzle.

"Yeah, I'll be the big hero for bringing 'em back, too - they might even add me to the Hall Of Fame for this!  I'd look GOOD on a statue, don'tcha think?"

Her eyes opened again, and focused on something behind Copper.  She frowned and narrowed her peepers to slits.

"Besides, they'll probably put ME in charge... since Spitfire QUIT and all..."

Her glare was aimed at a yellow pony seated at the other end of the front bar who had a drink in her hoof and sunglasses on her face.  She looked absolutely forlorn; she looked up at the rainbow-maned pony, a look of pain and regret plastered to her face as she regarded her silently, then turned away.

The mare looked back at the blue Earth Pony.  "... that coward doesn't deserve to wear the uniform."

Copper slowly nodded at the pegasus with her wish. He had heard of the Wonderbolts, and ever since the Big Boom, nothing has been the same. He looked over to see Spitfire when Rainbow gave a glare yo her, and assumed the blue pegasus thought of her as a heroine once.

He turned to Rainbow and said, with a grin on his face, "Since I asked you, it's fair if I told you mine. Shameless promotion here; I happen to be the fastest Earth Pony in Equestria, thanks to my Spin Dash technique, and I'm proud of that title. If I win, I wish to finally break the sound barrier with it, so that I can keep the title until the day I die."

He then frowned, thinking for a moment. "But, if anypony is desperate for a wish to come true, so long as it's not anything evil, then I'm willing to give up my wish for them. But know that it won't be easy to win me over. I want to break the sound barrier, and unless it's THE most important wish to me, I'm afraid I can't help them. I'm not being rude, but it's only fair that I get what I want."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

When I heard Twilight needed a champion I stepped up right away. I had only one wish, the one she wished for. To undo the Catastrophe like it never happened. To bring the magic and harmony back and for us to fall in love for as long as we both lived. This of course led us to marry in a wonderful ceremony. She didn't need to know about the second part. The world was slowly losing magic and even with my Magic Booster I had mostly had to make mechanical things to keep Bolt Solutions from going broke.

I'd built the Harmony Spark Delorean according to the specs of the vehicles we had taken up using since the Catastrophe. The 'car' as it was called was built with Magitek and had no standard armament. The only thing it had in common with other cars was that it was shaped like a car. Everything else may as well not be one. Before my magic got too weak I was able to build and enchant it, but nowadays the only way I could still run my business was having my Magic Booster running full blast all the time, and even then it was becoming too weak. One could only lower the mana cost so much when there wasn't enough mana to begin with.

Just this one time, Sparky volunteered to drive, saying I had to conserve my energy. We showed our ticket and entered. I felt like I had before, ready to work without limits.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

"So... your wish is only for yourself, then?"

A mare sitting by herself at the end of the bar looked up at the blue pony.  She had an almost regal poise to her posture... but there was a pain in her eyes that spoke of a soul in Tartarus.  She leveled her gaze at Copper and spoke softly to him, her words seeming to carry even over the din.

"You say it is only fair.  Fair that you're going to break the hearts and dreams of every other pony in here for your own selfish desires?  Some of us are thinking of others.  Some of us are planning to HELP others."

She turned back and stared into her cider.

"Some of us have friends we wish we could have returned to us.  To Equestria."

She wiped away a tear, and absentmindedly wiped it across her flank, staining her treble clef cutie mark with her tears.

"... to some, there are more important things than oneself."

With that, she fell silent again, either unable to go on... or unwilling to.  Rainbow Dash stared a moment at the morose mare, then turned back to Copper.

"Yeeeeaaaaah, I wouldn't get your hopes up there, pal - I'm winning this, and there's not a thing you can do about it... except try, of course.  I'll have to CRUSH that dream of yours, but hey - all in the name of competition, right?  So, may the best pony win..."

She smiled broadly.  "Which, of course, is gonna be ME."

@bronislav84

(I recall your mentions don't work; I do this more as a reminder to myself.)

We showed our ticket and entered.

The stalwart-looking black stallion standing at the door looked over the two of them, eyeballing Sparky a bit suspiciously before speaking.

"Nice trashcan," he rumbled in a voice that sounded like distant thunder, then he merely waved them inside without a second glance.

Inside, there were ponies everywhere, many of whom looked either hesitant, depressed or totally gung-ho about this contest.  Though there were a large number of others present, there still seemed to be booth tables and bar seats that were bare and simply waiting for flanks.

The jukebox rolled on, shifting to another song as Lektra and Sparky entered the place.

The zebra behind the bar, who was swiping away at the countertop with a rather scuzzy-looking rag, gave a very knowing smile as he watched them enter.  Then, simple as that, he simply began fashioning another drink for another pony.

But that knowing smile was KNOWING, all the same...

@@Randimaxis

Copper simply stared at the mare who had spoken up to him, casually ignoring Rainbow at the moment.  The mare had a point, it kind of is to a selfish desire that he wanted to break the sound barrier with his Spin Dash, and he knew his mother wouldn't be pleased.

"My mother wouldn't be happy for me.  It wasn't how I was raised."

He closed his eyes for a moment, then looked back at the mare, a single tear in his eyes.  "I can't be like that.  I don't wanna disappoint my mother."

He was now tearing up.  He could feel his own mother yelling at him for such a selfish deed, and he wasn't going to let it happen.  If the mare looked back at him, there were glints in his eyes, glints that not only showed change, but determination in his eyes.

"I know I said it would be hard for me to change my mind, but I will not let selfishness overcome my life.  Everything will be back to normal, I swear to it.  I will make it so."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nice trashcan

What a ruddy twit! Good sir, I am not a can. Why am I even calling that rude individual good? I'm your intellectual superior, more efficient than you, and could probably kill you in a multitude of ways if I wanted to. I stared daggers at the gatekeeper as we passed by, Lektra going to sit at the bar.

"So mister Calypso, if that is your real name. What's this about owning the car I built for the duration of the contest?" She was of course expecting him to pass her a drink while we waited for stuff to start.

I on the other claw went to scan everyone, looking for Twilight. Was she here? Spotted RD chatting up a fellow, but paid it no mind.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

"Oh, is THAT so?"

"Indeed - QUITE interesting to hear!"

Suddenly, Copper was surrounded... well, sort of.  Two ponies in striped vests and straw hats suddenly seemed to materialize on either side of Copper (though they really just snuck up on him), and both put their forelegs around his shoulders, leaning in as if they were making a sale.

"Why, if THAT'S the case, then that certainly means one less pony to deal with!"

"Oh, indeed - this fine fellow here simply changes his mind in an instant!  Brother of mine, I believe we've found a PERFECT subject for our latest pitch!"

"Well spoken, my fellow sibling!  You see, my dear friend, we have EVERY intention of winning this contest..."

"... but there are SO many ponies here, all competing for that ol' Blue Ribbon; how would one ever get the chance to make it to the Winner's Circle like that?" 

"We've been trying to rouse our intellects for the purpose of winning-"

"... and hearing you lament in such a fashion, perhaps we could offer YOU a-"

"Now, now... that's quite enough from the two of you; can't you see this poor fellow already has a wish to re-think?  He certainly doesn't need the two of YOU filling his young head with ideas, now does he?  Go on, now."

The two brothers looked to each other, then glared back at the zebra.  They walked back to their table, but the mustachioed one whispered to Copper as they went by.

"IF you win... we'll BUY that wish from you, kid.  Just keep it in mind."

As they departed, the zebra chuckled and shook his head.

"You'll find all sorts of attempts to manipulate you around here; my advice would be to make your OWN decision, and let the rest make theirs.  This IS a contest, and only the strongest will shall come out on top.  Which means you should probably work on that willpower of yours, Copper."

bronislav84

"So mister Calypso, if that is your real name. What's this about owning the car I built for the duration of the contest?"

He looked up, and it was Lektra who got her first REAL faceful of the zebra.  Though his coat was impeccably clean, and his pierced ears were adorned with small rubies, and his hooves were elegantly manicured... his face!  

DEAR SWEET CELESTIA, HIS FACE!

The actual face of the zebra looked like a mass of ground hamburger (not that anypony here would know what that was), with two mismatched eyes (one green; one amber), two nostrils at the end of his muzzle and a long, thin line for a mouth - the rest was a ghastly mess!

The vision only lasted for the slightest of moments, however; when she blinked at the horrific visage, there was only a regular, though somewhat roguish, face where the mass of meat had been. 

The zebra's knowing smile widened a tic.

"Oh, you're worried about your vehicle, Miss Bolt?"  He chuckled low.  "I own nothing; the vehicles belong to the CONTEST until it's over, however.  This is so that the prep crews can... prepare... your vehicles properly for the contest.  After all, you're going to be working within the contest's parameters, and to do so, there need to be modifications to those vehicles.  Hence, instead of a lot of Legalese, the vehicle simply becomes contest property until a winner comes forth."

He gave a noncommittal shrug.  "Of course, you're free to leave if that doesn't sit well with you..."

He then leaned in and spoke softly to her.  "But then, Twilight would be SO disappointed in you, wouldn't she?"

His smile was like a shark's.

@@Randimaxis

Copper was stunned by the sudden turn of events.  He couldn't speak for the life of him after everything that had happened in that instant.  But he regained his composure, looking ticked off at the ponies who suddenly jumped him.  "They jump me next time, I'll be sure to send them packing." He more or less said to both mares who he had talked to plus the zebra, slamming both his hooves together.

What he saw was yet another act of selfishness, and he wasn't going to tolerate it, not one bit.  He was going to bring back Equestria tho the way it was months before the big boom, and he was bound and determined to make it happen.

Copper then saw the zebra talking to another pony who was with... some kind of machine?  He didn't know what it was, but he figured it was best not to mess around with it.  Instead, he turned his attention back to Rainbow.

"Now, then.  Back to you, Rainbow.  Sorry to say this, but I think you just jinxed yourself.  Your overconfidence will give your opponents the advantage, so it's best if you walked the walk instead of talking the talk."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

(Back to Lektra because Sparky isn't doing anything right now, really)

I grimaced. It usually took a lot to make me toss my hay and oats, but that almost did. I threw up in my mouth a little and when I swallowed with my eyes closed it was all normal. He had a normal face that didn't look like it came out of a food processor somehow still alive. Of course food processors were a new thing recently, but still though that was disturbing.

"Riiiight. Fair enough." I still telekinetically tossed a nearby table in anger at having not read the entirety of that clause. Drinks flew on a couple of nonessential ponies that walked out on a huff. They looked to be bar workers relaxing, and certainly not contestants. It felt good to be able to do that again. "No no. That sits perfectly fine with me. We'll not disappoint her. There's too much at stake to worry about trifles like that. We'll just need a surplus of alloys. The car doesn't need any weapons and in fact being underestimated would be preferable." It makes it's own weapons, and other things as well. Surely he knew that.

I still had an empty right hoof on the bar. I'd learned to use my forehooves again since magic was a commodity, but I so wanted to levitate glasses around again. "Hit me, and some oil for Sparky please." I looked around for a price board, if there was one.

Sparky was excited for the oil and jumped up on the stool next to me.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

RD eyeballed the blue pony for a moment, then laughed haughtily.

"Oh, you're MORE than welcome to walk the walk, buddy - I'LL be DRIVING the DRIVE!"

She seemed as if she didn't have a worry in the world as to who would win... but of course, she'd already decided she would come out on top.  And it seemed as if she had at least ONE fan in here among the rest...

At a table by themselves were three fillies, and one of them was staring at Dash with a hefty amount of hero worship.  Another of them was casting her own gaze at yet another contestant - yet this look was fraught with worry, as if she wasn't looking forward to dealing with the other full-grown mare.  The third one was sullen, silent, and brooding... and had the look on her muzzle of a grim determination.

All of the above being quite strange, as this was a cider bar, and they were technically NOT old enough to even be IN here.

bronislav84

"Hit me, and some oil for Sparky please."

The zebra nodded, already beginning his work - and what work it was!  Snifters, mugs and bottles levitated from their places and began an intricate dance right in front of them both, pouring and measuring themselves, mixing gently, then drifting back to their respective spots.  All without so much as a twitch of a hoof from the zebra - yet he spoke as the sight occurred.

"The weapons to be placed on the vehicle are non-negotiable; in fact, it's being done at this very moment already.  You see, the armaments used in this contest use DIRECT, FOCUSED magic... specific magics that will damage a vehicle, but NOT a living creature - for safety purposes, of course.  And there will be ways and means to 'activate' these weapons during each bout, which will be explained once everyone arrives."

The drink, topped with a small umbrella ringed with little lightning bolts, floated over in front of Lektra and carefully set itself down on the bar.  It wasn't cider, that was certain... but it did smell faintly of cinnamon and apples.  The zebra grinned at her, then looked over the bar at Sparky.

"And of course, I would NEVER forget a driver's order..."

With that, a can of 10w-40 motor oil floated up from behind the counter.  A can opener floated up, poked a hole at each end of the lid, then the can levitated down in front of the small robot.  Nodding, the bartender gave another glance around the place, frowned a bit, then shook his head and resumed his eerily sunny disposition.

"Oh, I most certainly AM looking forward to seeing how your small friend there handles that vehicle in battle - pony versus machine will make for an interesting contest, I do believe."

@@Randimaxis

"Driving the drive?  Good one, but you know what I meant."

Copper was secretly getting irritated at Dash with her boasting, but he knew then that that was who she was, a boastful pony who loves to win and hates losing.  He wondered how her friends could put up with her, if she had any.

Then he got up, and started to leave the bar.  "Well, good luck in the contest.  If you see a blue Zentorno, that would be mine."

He then left the building and headed for his Zentorno, but not before eyeing three fillies that looked like they weren't supposed to be here, but shrugged, since they entered the contest, it wouldn't matter to him.  He decided to go ahead and customize his vehicle for the event, so he drove off into a garage, hoping someony would be there.

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer

Leaving the bar, he saw that his vehicle was already moved; there was no sign of it.

In fact, the parking lot was completely barren - it had been FILLED with vehicles when he pulled up, and he hadn't been inside more than a few minutes... what the heck was going on here?

The line of non-contestants outside seemed to not even be paying attention to the empty lot; they were busy trying to reason with the big, black stallion that stood outside and stared hard enough to wilt steel.  It was this pony who cast a glance at Copper and spoke.

"Cars're in the PIT - gotta wait for the contest to officially begin to get access to 'em.  Go on back inside; any other questions, talk to the bartender."

@@Randimaxis

Copper blinked several times.  He could've swore he had the car here.  Where could it have been?

After the black stallion spoke, he nodded in understanding.  "Thanks, sir."  He had reason to think after all.  He went back in the bar and took his seat back with Rainbow, where he said, "Cars are gone.  They're all in the pit, said the one stallion outside trying to keep his sanity with the line of ponies outside the barbed wire."  He chuckled.  It was an interesting sight to behold.

He looked at the mare who had spoken to him about his selfish wish.  "I never did get to thank you for helping me change my wish.  Now that I realize I was being selfish, I kind of hate myself for thinking the way I did.  I guess I'll have to work on it the old-fashioned way."

He shook his head, wondering why he would have to think so selfishly.  He originally thought it wasn't selfish, but rather a chance to get himself stronger, but now that he no longer thinks that, his mother would be happy.

• Brohoof 1

(Mobile post)

I don't really wanna do this.

I never wanted to enter into this sick contest. However I didn't really have much choice, but for the reason someone might assume. Yes, the war and the resulting loss of magic had effected me substantial (despite not being a unicorn) and seeing some of my closes and dearest friends trudging through the aftermath of the war was.... heartbreaking to say the least. However the reason I WAS here is far more meaningful.

I lost a bet with a random stranger

Yup, that was my GRAND reason of DELIBERATELY putting ponies life at risk. *Sigh*

"Hey Bartender!"

I say, sitting down in a seat near the bar table.

"Get me a beer please."

Yeah maybe I can drink myself to death, *sigh* well hopefully I do some good out of this whole ordeal.

• Brohoof 1