Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Author of Equestria

4april

I just thought of this crazy fan theory. The first king of Equestria as a whole was a dude called Arthur Pendragon.

I feel this theory could somehow connect to the maps and the round table that appeared in the season 4 finale. And  Clover the Clever could be the counterpart of Merlin. Besides the name Canterlot is derived from Camelot which was the capital of King Author.

What do you think?

I don't know, I thought that the history of Equestria was established in one of the Hearth's Warming episodes. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture, but that’s just me.

After all, someone had to rule before the Princesses, and they couldn’t have had complete control if Discord and Sombra could have their way for an extended period of time. And I'm no expert in Arthurian legends, but I kinda thought that Starswirl was the MLP counterpart of Merlin.

I dunno. The lore and history of the show kinda puzzles me. I don't think about it often.

We already got Equestria's history in the journal of the two sisters. There was no King before the princesses, they were appointed by Starswirl specifically to avoid infighting amongst the 3 pony races over rulership.

Any king arthur would have to have existed prior to coming to equestria, or merely ruled over his own city while being subservient to celestia.