Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted [CLOSED] Help with ponysona colors?

Bright Ink

Hey all! I'm going to be coming back into the pony scene, but, I just... never felt satisfied with my previous ponysonas. At this point, I KIND OF have an equine sona already, but they're not specifically an MLP pony. SO, I wanted to make a proper MLP sona, and have kind of worked out this design so far.

His name is Bright Ink, and he's a freelance artist who specializes in drawing cartoon animals!

sig-4630013.bright_ink_by_zieli-dadb6fp.

(Base credit to SinfulBases on DeviantArt - Original art credit to the show! - I added the mane/tail/hooves/cutie mark!)

I'm just having trouble deciding which of the above to use! ;w; He IS pretty gay, so I'm heavily tempted to keep the rainbow colors in his cutie mark as a representation of that. But I'm not sure if it's too much? I'm also not sure if I want to make him a clydesdale pony or not, and I know normal ponies don't have hooves... So yeah. opinions wanted!

Edited by Ziel
  • Brohoof 1

I love the freckles! :)

Hmm...I think the rainbow cutie mark is pretty doable and personally, I love the hooves, especially against an orange coat! I would say that the rainbow mark looks best against the orange coat in my opinion. I don't know if you're willing to make any amends to the mane and tail, but I personally find them a bit saturated, which clashes a bit with the bright rainbow mark, if that makes any sense. I would suggest either toning down his hair, and/or making slight modifications to its colors.

I love the freckles! :)

Hmm...I think the rainbow cutie mark is pretty doable and personally, I love the hooves, especially against an orange coat! I would say that the rainbow mark looks best against the orange coat in my opinion. I don't know if you're willing to make any amends to the mane and tail, but I personally find them a bit saturated, which clashes a bit with the bright rainbow mark, if that makes any sense. I would suggest either toning down his hair, and/or making slight modifications to its colors.

I'm actually pretty happy with the mane and tail, personally. I DID give a go desaturating/darkening/lightening them, but I think it makes it look either 1) washed out, or 2) like pond scum ;w; So I'll be keeping the mane and tail as bright as they are! Thanks for your feedback, though! :'3

• Brohoof 1