Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Stallions That Became Mares (ALL SLOTS TAKEN) (In-Character)

OmegaBeamOfficial

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

Missklang trotted on the way to the forest.

Heh. I didn't though about the changelling choice in that way. Makes sense. Yup. Discord can be extremely smart if he wants to. I'm still secretly hoping all of this is a one big complicated plan of his at taking over Equestria. I mean just look! The elements are not usable. How are you planning to stop him if he ever goes rogue? I mean, besides trying to guilt tripping him using Fluttershy as a weapon. Liberate Tirek? Heh. If only.  

She turned around to see if others were following.

Hey, are you all ok? You are strangely silent.

"Yeah, let's give the others a chance to talk after I've said this. Look, I think Discord genuinely cares about Fluttershy. She Isn't a weapon, she's a friend. Liberating Tirek is pretty much impossible, he needs to stay in Tartarus where he belongs, he'll never learn." Spike sighed.

• Brohoof 2

@@OmegaBeamOfficial, @@Missklang,

Refund just listened to the conversation taking place between Spike and Missklang and thought about the dangers of the Everfree Forest. Spike's previous experience with fighting monsters made her feel a little more at ease considering the dangers he faced in keeping Equestria safe along with the rest of the Mane Six. Before they could leave, Spike checked with the other new females to see if they were all right.

"I'm okay," Refund said. Still, she swallowed hard at the thought of entering the Everfree. He thought of something else to talk about and turned to Missklang. "What would happen if there wasn't Fluttershy to keep Discord in check?" he asked. "If she couldn't who would?"

He then looked at the half-changeling out of the corner of his eye. "Do the three of us all have to go together?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Yoshi89

Missklang smiled.

Fluttershy is good at dealing with monsters. She is the "moral compass" for him. I'd say without her you all would be screwed. But I think it wouldn't happen since Sunbutt wouldn't try to "reform" Discord in the first place and he would be a statue right now. She wouldn't risk it.

Edited by Missklang
  • Brohoof 2

Refund just listened to the conversation taking place between Spike and Missklang and thought about the dangers of the Everfree Forest. Spike's previous experience with fighting monsters made her feel a little more at ease considering the dangers he faced in keeping Equestria safe along with the rest of the Mane Six. Before they could leave, Spike checked with the other new females to see if they were all right.

"I'm okay," Refund said. Still, she swallowed hard at the thought of entering the Everfree. He thought of something else to talk about and turned to Missklang. "What would happen if there wasn't Fluttershy to keep Discord in check?" he asked. "If she couldn't who would?"

He then looked at the half-changeling out of the corner of his eye. "Do the three of us all have to go together?"

@@Yoshi89

Missklang smiled.

Fluttershy is good at dealing with monsters. She is the "moral compass" for him. I'd say without her you all would be screwed. But I think it wouldn't happen since Sunbutt wouldn't try to "reform" Discord in the first place and he would be a statue right now. She wouldn't risk it.

"Well, yes. Of course you three need to go together... We all do. Anyway, how much longer until we're all here Missklang? We've been walking for quite a while now... And I'm getting worried about Twilight, so lets just try to get this done calmly and try to resolve this..." Spike sighed.

@@Missklang,

Refund smiled back. "She has to be," she told Missklang. "Celestia had to keep Discord in check but I guess she did a good job passing the torch to Fluttershy. I wonder if DIscord still holds any grudges. I certainly wood if I was encased in stone for thousands of years." She finished that with a weak chuckle.

• Brohoof 1

@@Missklang,

Refund smiled back. "She has to be," she told Missklang. "Celestia had to keep Discord in check but I guess she did a good job passing the torch to Fluttershy. I wonder if DIscord still holds any grudges. I certainly wood if I was encased in stone for thousands of years." She finished that with a weak chuckle.

"Yeah, he'll probably hold grudges, but we can say the same about him after the whole Tirek mess. Still, even after that if it wasn't for him the chest would never have been unlocked. I mean, forget about Discord having grudges, what about Luna? She was kept on the moon for a 1000 years!" Spike laughed. "So, um, back to the point. Yeah, I'd say we're even."

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

The path on which they were marching was going deep into the Everfree forest. The sun was blocked by the opaque foliage of the strangely crooked trees.

Here we are!

Missklang yelled. They were in a small clearing with a bunch of poison jokes on it, but no sign of any house or even shelter.

This way.

Missklang pointed to the tree to the left. There was a door on the tree, with the carving of Missklang's cutie mark on it. But it wasn't like Zecora's, this tree was just a normal tree and it seemed somepony just put a door there for decoration as it didn't fit with the environment. Missklang smiled.

Don't be fooled by the appearance. Come in.

She walked towards the door and opened it. Behind the door was a long clean stone hallway with windows on one side. Sunlight was passing through, leaving traces on the ground but the view was obstructed by an unnaturally green foliage of a bush that was planted right underneath. Missklang looked at Twilight and smiled.

I like to travel. But I also like my house. So I thought one day to myself, why choose? I can just take the door with me and come back to my house when I want. Don't make the round eyes Twilight. It's a ....simple.... rune of teleportation. And the doorframe is the portal frame. 

She pointed to the glowing pentagram symbol which was on the other side of the door. It was extremely detailed and complex symbol glowing red.

Do come in. It's not that big. But there is a place for everyone.

She walked in and opened the door at the end of the hallway which led to a spacious room with a chimney and a large red carpet on the ground covered in burns, stitches and stains of unknown nature and odd colour. She then turned, looking back, waiting for the others to come in.

• Brohoof 1

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

The path on which they were marching was going deep into the Everfree forest. The sun was blocked by the opaque foliage of the strangely crooked trees.

Here we are!

Missklang yelled. They were in a small clearing with a bunch of poison jokes on it, but no sign of any house or even shelter.

This way.

Missklang pointed to the tree to the left. There was a door on the tree, with the carving of Missklang's cutie mark on it. But it wasn't like Zecora's, this tree was just a normal tree and it seemed somepony just put a door there for decoration as it didn't fit with the environment. Missklang smiled.

Don't be fooled by the appearance. Come in.

She walked towards the door and opened it. Behind the door was a long clean stone hallway with windows on one side. Sunlight was passing through, leaving traces on the ground but the view was obstructed by an unnaturally green foliage of a bush that was planted right underneath. Missklang looked at Twilight and smiled.

I like to travel. But I also like my house. So I thought one day to myself, why choose? I can just take the door with me and come back to my house when I want. Don't make the round eyes Twilight. It's a ....simple.... rune of teleportation. And the doorframe is the portal frame. 

She pointed to the glowing pentagram symbol which was on the other side of the door. It was extremely detailed and complex symbol glowing red.

Do come in. It's not that big. But there is a place for everyone.

She walked in and opened the door at the end of the hallway which led to a spacious room with a chimney and a large red carpet on the ground covered in burns, stitches and stains of unknown nature and odd colour. She then turned, looking back, waiting for the others to come in.

"Can you not keep mistaking me for Twilight? She's still back home remember?" Spike sighed. "Mind you, I don't see the point of having that rune... Can't you teleport wherever you want anyway? This place is rather odd... But I guess It's what we should expect from you. What do you guys think?" he asked, pointing at the changeling and Refund Check.

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

Missklang giggled.

I'm sorry Spike, my eyesight is worse when I am on mare form and my spectacles are somewhere here. And sudden transformation also caused lightheadedness and almost completely shut my five senses. Strong non-chaos magic is not well assimilated by my organism. I can only see differences in light and moving objects. I was mainly using auras and magic readings to navigate as well as my memory, and since you are constantly with Twilight, her aura mixed with yours a lot, so I mistook them. I hope you don't take offence. No worries though, I will use some of my potions to negate the effects it had on me.

She looked at Spike.

And the rune is quite necessary. See Spike, I don't know where my house is. I don't even remember if it's on Equestria or not. Perhaps it's in some forgotten cave far far away. This door is the only way I have to go here. and the garden outside is was enchanted by me long ago so nothing can go in it. But now, I can't get out of it as well. And you know, the bigger the distance, and bigger the object is the more magical energy you need to teleport it. Otherwise, Twilight would teleport every day directly to Canterlot to say hi to the princesses. That's why I placed the doorframe in the Everfree. Because it drains the chaos magic from around it to keep being stable and to be able to teleport you here.

• Brohoof 1

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

Missklang giggled.

I'm sorry Spike, my eyesight is worse when I am on mare form and my spectacles are somewhere here. And sudden transformation also caused lightheadedness and almost completely shut my five senses. Strong non-chaos magic is not well assimilated by my organism. I can only see differences in light and moving objects. I was mainly using auras and magic readings to navigate as well as my memory, and since you are constantly with Twilight, her aura mixed with yours a lot, so I mistook them. I hope you don't take offence. No worries though, I will use some of my potions to negate the effects it had on me.

She looked at Spike.

And the rune is quite necessary. See Spike, I don't know where my house is. I don't even remember if it's on Equestria or not. Perhaps it's in some forgotten cave far far away. This door is the only way I have to go here. and the garden outside is was enchanted by me long ago so nothing can go in it. But now, I can't get out of it as well. And you know, the bigger the distance, and bigger the object is the more magical energy you need to teleport it. Otherwise, Twilight would teleport every day directly to Canterlot to say hi to the princesses. That's why I placed the doorframe in the Everfree. Because it drains the chaos magic from around it to keep being stable and to be able to teleport you here.

"Discord is around ponies using non chaos magic all the time, how come he Isn't affected. And I guess it just goes to show how much time I spend with Twilight... And no offence, but if you don't know where your own house is, that's kind of a big deal. But, whatever. I don't care about all the complicated magical teleport energy stuff as long as we're here... Now, what about that temporary cure..."

@@OmegaBeamOfficial,

Of course, of course, Spike. Just bare with me a minute while I remove my blindfoldedness, will you?

Missklang said as she walked towards the wall and disappeared as if she walked through the wall. Gradual teleportation was one of her favourite spells. She reappeared quite soon, carrying a bag which she was holding in her mouth as well a tiny cauldron. She levitated the cauldron on the chimney and approached it, levitating few herbs which divided in the air in nice rows. She looked down underneath the cauldron and spat at the dry wood which immediately inflamed as if it was burning for hours. The cauldron filled itself with water which started to boil almost immediately. She threw the herbs in the mixture that looked like it was steering itself. 

Perfect. Now just wait here, I'll go to search the poison bombs. I think they were in my laboratory room.

She trotted towards the large mirror on the opposite wall of the chimney, and walked in it, disappearing while the surface of the mirror wobbled as if it was a water surface. After a few minutes, she appeared back through the same mirror, carrying a small bag which she was holding in her mouth with a pair of spectacles with a silver rim.

Oi. I haf it ere!

She put the bag on the floor. 

I have it here! 

She walked to the cauldron which has now a purplish liquid in it and removed it, pouring the liquid in the air which, instead of flowing down on the floor, started to fill what seemed to be an invisible glass which, after being filled, became visible. Or did it just appeared and the water was levitated all along? Missklang threw the cauldron away which disappeared in a spark of purple magic. She took a sip out of the glass, made a face that suggested the liquid was quite bitter and then, emptied the glass in one go. After that, the red streaks in her hair brightened up from the dull dark red to a more vivid shade and her eyes started to glow stronger.

Wow. That feel quite better. At least I can hear see and smell properly now. 

She turned towards Spike and the others, putting her hoof on the bag she brought with her from the mirror.

Here is what we are going to do. I checked the magic level of the crystal that sustain the portal spell on the door and it was pleasantly high. So, good news, I will be able to relocate the door in Ponyville and I won't have to waste my magic to keep the Everfree monsters from attacking you again, and you won't need to waste time walking back. Somewhere like inside Twilight's castle should do. Then, once we are there, we will test the few bombs I have here till we find the gender illusion one. Oki? It will take a few minutes to change the door's position, so feel free to relax. If you want, I have some edible food in the ingredient storage area over there. 

She pointed her hoof to the normal door that was on the wall opposite to the one with the hallway door.

I think everyone should find something to eat, even you Spike. Just be careful to read the labels of the ingredients and not accidently swallow anything dangerous.

Saying this, she sat on the large couch by the mirror and summoned a scroll on which was glowing a rune similar to the one on the door, and levitating a crow's feather started to alter the lines which seemed to move when touched with the magic feather.

Edited by Missklang
  • Brohoof 2

@@OmegaBeamOfficial,

Of course, of course, Spike. Just bare with me a minute while I remove my blindfoldedness, will you?

Missklang said as she walked towards the wall and disappeared as if she walked through the wall. Gradual teleportation was one of her favourite spells. She reappeared quite soon, carrying a bag which she was holding in her mouth as well a tiny cauldron. She levitated the cauldron on the chimney and approached it, levitating few herbs which divided in the air in nice rows. She looked down underneath the cauldron and spat at the dry wood which immediately inflamed as if it was burning for hours. The cauldron filled itself with water which started to boil almost immediately. She threw the herbs in the mixture that looked like it was steering itself. 

Perfect. Now just wait here, I'll go to search the poison bombs. I think they were in my laboratory room.

She trotted towards the large mirror on the opposite wall of the chimney, and walked in it, disappearing while the surface of the mirror wobbled as if it was a water surface. After a few minutes, she appeared back through the same mirror, carrying a small bag which she was holding in her mouth with a pair of spectacles with a silver rim.

Oi. I haf it ere!

She put the bag on the floor. 

I have it here! 

She walked to the cauldron which has now a purplish liquid in it and removed it, pouring the liquid in the air which, instead of flowing down on the floor, started to fill what seemed to be an invisible glass which, after being filled, became visible. Or did it just appeared and the water was levitated all along? Missklang threw the cauldron away which disappeared in a spark of purple magic. She took a sip out of the glass, made a face that suggested the liquid was quite bitter and then, emptied the glass in one go. After that, the red streaks in her hair brightened up from the dull dark red to a more vivid shade and her eyes started to glow stronger.

Wow. That feel quite better. At least I can hear see and smell properly now. 

She turned towards Spike and the others, putting her hoof on the bag she brought with her from the mirror.

Here is what we are going to do. I checked the magic level of the crystal that sustain the portal spell on the door and it was pleasantly high. So, good news, I will be able to relocate the door in Ponyville and I won't have to waste my magic to keep the Everfree monsters from attacking you again, and you won't need to waste time walking back. Somewhere like inside Twilight's castle should do. Then, once we are there, we will test the few bombs I have here till we find the gender illusion one. Oki? It will take a few minutes to change the door's position, so feel free to relax. If you want, I have some edible food in the ingredient storage area over there. 

She pointed her hoof to the normal door that was on the wall opposite to the one with the hallway door.

I think everyone should find something to eat, even you Spike. Just be careful to read the labels of the ingredients and not accidently swallow anything dangerous.

Saying this, she sat on the large couch by the mirror and summoned a scroll on which was glowing a rune similar to the one on the door, and levitating a crow's feather started to alter the lines which seemed to move when touched with the magic feather.

Spike looked on in absolute shock. He was expecting the place to be crazy, but he didn't think it would be THIS crazy. It was weird to the point where he was worried if it was even safe here. "Um, guys... Doesn't this seem a little strange to you, like at all?" he mumbled in confusion. "Well, poor choice of words..."

• Brohoof 2

Refund Check was relieved to be out of the Everfree Forest but her heart beat faster in her barrel when she and the others were introduced to Missklang's home. Having already gone through one magical catastrohpe, he stared wide-eyed as Missklang stirred up the ingredients in the cauldron. Refund gave it some thought when she told him to relax while the bombs were being made, unsure of how to react to her instructions. She then heard Spike's comments about the whole situation they were in and finally found the courage to speak.

"No stranger than what Twilight did to us," Refund told Spike. "But you're right. I'm not quite sure just how this is going to work."

• Brohoof 2

Refund Check was relieved to be out of the Everfree Forest but her heart beat faster in her barrel when she and the others were introduced to Missklang's home. Having already gone through one magical catastrohpe, he stared wide-eyed as Missklang stirred up the ingredients in the cauldron. Refund gave it some thought when she told him to relax while the bombs were being made, unsure of how to react to her instructions. She then heard Spike's comments about the whole situation they were in and finally found the courage to speak.

"No stranger than what Twilight did to us," Refund told Spike. "But you're right. I'm not quite sure just how this is going to work."

"Tell me about it... But still, Missklang's at least more trustworthy than Discord, I'm sure this'll hopefully work out for you... Well, for the hour or so that It's supposed to, kind of restrictive but ya know, Um, hopefully. What about the other one, she's been quiet for a while...

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@@OmegaBeamOfficial

It had do be restricted to an hour.

Missklang mumbled, without stopping looking at the pentagram.

If I had made the effect last longer, well, first it's a bit long for a prank. Ponies would start to worry that it's permanent. Then, it's not good for health. You see, one hour of exposure to chaos magic is harmless. Beyond that, there is an extremely small chance that it could affect the target somehow. And the chance may be extremely slim at first, almost non-existent, it grows exponentially with each minute. 

She made a few more scribbles at the rune parchment. Poofed the quill away and looked at the rune smiling.

Well, I guess that should work. Hey, everypony. We can go back anytime you wish. 

• Brohoof 1