Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What characters you don't like at all?

xLuneti

This is not a hate thread, hopefully, but we all have characters we don't like in the show, so, who are they and for what reason?.

Mine are:

Spike - Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Spike for being Spike, I just don't like him for the role the writers decide to give him in the last couple of seasons, especially because the episode of S9 where Rarity stalks him, everything they did with him feels like an incel revenge power fantasy on Rarity.

Discord - Very annoying, his relationship with Fluttershy is "cute" in a sense, until he betrays the good guys AGAIN in the finale, and I just can't watch any episode with him either, more than the spirit of chaos, he feels like a neglect child trying to get attention, and for worst, every episode with him feels exactly like that.

Rainbow Dash: - Same for the exactly reason as Discord, I feel every episode with her is RD acting very bad with her friends, like a total b*tch, I won't be able to hangout with a person like that in ever.

Twilight - in most cases, I just don't like Twilight, mostly post season 3 twilight for one reason, she is TERRIBLE at friendship, most of the times she tends to act really bad to her friends (see the season 9 episode with pinkie) or just trying to appeal to much to authoritarian figures she admire everything doesn't matter for her, like when she didn't defend Starlight because Starwirl was saying a villain is always a villain. She is good at episode like 7x3 or the point of no return but otherwhise in most cases she comes off as.. not the friendship type

The Student Six. I despise them for taking the spotlight away from characters who we actually liked and the fact that they were completely forced onto us. They are unfunny, boring, paper-thin, obnoxious, I hate them and I wish they got turned into logs in the Everfree Forest. :angry:

• Brohoof 3

Post-reformation Discord: I feel like Discord became an annoyingly unfunny reference machine after he said "Friendship is Magic" in season 3. 

Scootaloo: Mainly because she idolizes Rainbow Dash who is my least favorite member of the Mane 6.

Rainbow Dash: I'm not a fan of "sporty" characters. 

The Student 6: I just felt like they didn't have enough development to justify their existence.

Post-Reformation Sunset Shimmer: I feel like Sunset Shimmer had more personality as a "villain" and she lost a lot of it when she joined the Humane 6. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

The voice actor for Discord. Knowing how he treated Bronies from an inside source was enough for me to :yuck:

I like Discord though :mlp_icwudt:

3 minutes ago, Anti-Villain said:

S9 Sombra: One-dimensional override of all his IDW depth and lore, and too dumbed-down and stereotypical compared to his S3-S5 depiction.

His voice was lovely though :mlp_gag:

Discord post reformation. He's the only character I can think of who's presence actively made the show worse. When he wasn't being a pop culture reference assembly line he was a giant asshole who tortures everyone because he didn't get his way. He's so overpowered and random that his lack of presence during critical times  it creates plotholes that would often make everyone go "where the hell is Discord?!" because he can literally Thanos Snap all of their problems away, and when he does matter to the plot he's implemented in possibly the laziest way imaginable by having the threat tie back to Discord both indirectly(S4 Premiere, S10 finale), or directly(the goddamn finale of the damn show). And the worst part was that unlike certain characters where the writers were actively trying to ruin them, with Discord it was really obvious that they actually thought this nonsense was endearing, where in reality it just causes a ton of problems for the show

Besides that? the Student Six, also implemented in the worst way, by the writers poorly writing the mane 6 in order to make them look better in comparison

And all those side characters(Flim/Flam, Garble, the bloody Yaks) the writers love to bring back over and over and for the love of me I have no idea what they saw in these characters when it's really obvious a vast majority of the fandom hated them

• Brohoof 3

Discord is a character that I'm very 50/50 on. On one side, I actually like him in some episodes, but I don't in other. To put it as nicely as I can, he can be a total dick and the finale was the icing on the cake. What bugged me was that he never faced any consequences other than "That was mean Discord, don't do it again." He should've learnt from it but he almost never did.

Other than that, I dunno, I guess some of the basic villains - Garble, Sludge, Flim/Flam etc.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Discord post reformation. He's the only character I can think of who's presence actively made the show worse. When he wasn't being a pop culture reference assembly line he was a giant asshole who tortures everyone because he didn't get his way. He's so overpowered and random that his lack of presence during critical times  it creates plotholes that would often make everyone go "where the hell is Discord?!" because he can literally Thanos Snap all of their problems away, and when he does matter to the plot he's implemented in possibly the laziest way imaginable by having the threat tie back to Discord both indirectly(S4 Premiere, S10 finale), or directly(the goddamn finale of the damn show). And the worst part was that unlike certain characters where the writers were actively trying to ruin them, with Discord it was really obvious that they actually thought this nonsense was endearing, where in reality it just causes a ton of problems for the show

Besides that? the Student Six, also implemented in the worst way, by the writers poorly writing the mane 6 in order to make them look better in comparison

And all those side characters(Flim/Flam, Garble, the bloody Yaks) the writers love to bring back over and over and for the love of me I have no idea what they saw in these characters when it's really obvious a vast majority of the fandom hated them

I have no idea why the other characters put up with Discord, and don't tell him to fuck off. That's what you do when you keep giving someone chances, and they keep being an asshole. Made even worse by the fact that the show HAD an episode with the moral, "You can't be friends with everyone, and sometimes you need to cut people out of your life" with Griffon the Brush Off.

Edited by CastletonSnob

1 minute ago, CastletonSnob said:

I have no idea why the other characters put up with Discord, and don't tell him to fuck off. That's what you do when you keep giving someone chances, and they keep being an asshole.

The only reason they put up with him was because Fluttershy was horny for him

Edited by Megas

2 minutes ago, Megas said:

The only reason they put up with him was because Fluttershy was horny for him

Discord really didn't have any meaningful interactions with any of the Mane Six besides Fluttershy and Twilight. And even then, most of his interactions with Twilight were negative.

Pony Of Shadows: Had nothing to do with Castle Mane-ia, Nightmare Moon, etc., after all. And was too tell-don't-show as a threat (e.g. — his biggest impact was what the Pillars did, not what he himself did).

P.S.: I'm referring to the villain/entity. Stygian was fine.

P.P.S.: Like Sombra, Shadows was better in the comics.

Edited by Anti-Villain

• 5 months later...

Usually the bully characters, especially Babs Seed. There was not enough about her afterwards, so even if she became a better pony, almost all of my memories with her are negative. Her song is also tricky for me. The song is good and catchy, but it also portraits how the CMC are ill-treated. I don't listen to it outisde of the episode because of it. I think it's the only song where I feel this way. :coco:

• Brohoof 1

Are we counting Pony Life? Because I wanna say Dishwater Slog for being a PoS scalper. I can forgive being a lazy asshole who is needlessly cruel to Pinkie and children but I draw the line at scalping 

• Brohoof 1

Petty antagonists. I hated Trixie in Boast Busters, hated Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon too before each of them had character growth. If your entire shtick as an antagonist is just to stir the emotional pot a bit, chances are I won't like you.

Thankfully Trixie's character went places with her friendship with Starlight, and DT becoming the source for how the CMC found their calling was good writing. 

Oi, so much Discord hate. People seem to forget that, while extremely clever, he has always had the emotional maturity and understanding of a child. Of course he makes bonehead decisions about relationships and improving a friend's state of mind using flawed logic. :mlp_wat: I thought the way the S9 finale was written could have been done way better (should have just actually been Grogar) but that's an episodic criticism more than a character flaw. Nothing Discord did himself was particularly out of character. It's certainly not worth branding Discord as a terrible character in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I cannot stand Pinkie Pie. I have grown to LOVE Rainbow Dash, but Pinkie? No way, I find her an annoying incessant character. The Student 6 also I cannot stand. 

• Brohoof 1