Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Pinkamena like to you?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Within the show, "Pinkamena" is just simply either a very sad Pinkie, a Pinkie with an alternate hairstyle, or a Pinkie who instead lived like Applejack. But sad Pinkamena's wild face, combined with an association with the murderous Pinkie of "Cupcakes", made such a cute, long-maned pony into a ridiculous little horror.

47769.jpg

This resulted in three interpretations of the Pinkamena character:

• "Pinkamena the Monster", as in the grimdark Pinkamena that sends chills up some bronies' spines
  • "Pinkamena the Punk/Emo", apparently a bit influenced by fanon Pinkamena's sombre, moody attitude
  • "Pinkamena the Sweet", Pinkamena minus the horrific parts of her fanon -- now she has become into a cute character, like Pinkie.

(As for me, I imagine Pinkamena to be like Rarity, due to her mane being a bit stylish.)

513841.png

Which of these do you imagine Pinkamena to be?

• Brohoof 2

Paging @Pinkamena-Pills to the thread, paging Pills to the thread. :nom:

For me I see Pinkamena (as presented in her three main appearances), as Pinkie who feels devoid of her sense of purpose. Sad. Angry. Disappointed. Perhaps depressed. The line between depression or hopelessness maybe. The interesting thing about this depiction is that it can mean a variety of things to different people. 

• Brohoof 5

I always liked the Idea of a cute Pony, that is insane and kills People.

I like her Grimdark Version but i also like a Goth Version and i also would like to see Pinkamena in the Show again, but this time not being crazy and just nice. ( since she cant really appear in the Show with the other 2 Styles  XD)

Im not sure what else to say, i was Pinkamena obsessed once.

I still am a little.

But im not sure, how to answer the actual Question...

How is Pinkamena to me?

She seems to be depressed and doesnt know what do with her life, to the point of loneliness and insanity.

And i can relate to her a bit.

With the difference, that im boring.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Confused why the first "interpretation" put forth in the OP is a valid interpretation at all. It has no real solid basis besides fanon inserts and wild speculation that is just, well, stupid. I enjoy the slightly cray-cray depictions of the mane 6 such as Twilight in Lesson Zero, or Rarity in Inspiration Manifestation, ect. But, much like when i saw Party of One as a person who still hadn't accepted the fact they even liked the show yet for realzies, i din't immediately jump to the conclusion that they were career criminals, or closet killers; nonsense.  :maud: 

I saw her for what she was(when i first saw such in Party of One): sad, yet still trying to find joy in her life.
Sure, she figured her friends had abandoned her, and she decided to create a sortof happy place for herself in a attempt to stay joyful in the absence of her creed to make others happy. Ofcourse when her friends tried to return into her life, she was at first unwilling, defensive, angry, and just figured they were going to give her a 'see ya later' party or some trollish shit, something that likely felt damn insulting.  
Ofcourse, when she realized her friends actually din't abandon her, and were actually trying to surprise her with a party--she instantly went back to being, well, Pinkie.
No longer were her friends trying to avoid her and not come to her parties because they don't like them and don't wanna be her friends anymore, instead, they were her best friends giving her one hell of a joyful surprise she din't even see coming. :maud: 

You could say 'why din't she trust in them in the first place', and ya that would be a valid thing to say. But im sure all of us have had moments of doubts even with our closest friends and loved ones. The thing is to not shut yourself out from them, even in your doubtful moments. Imean, you can, but, hopefully they drag you to a barn against your will and introduce you to a surprise party! :nom:

I was fortunate enough to not know about the fanons ridiculous interpretation of Pinkamena until well after i had viewed the first 3 seasons. Seeing it baffled me, and still does, despite my obvious lack of sanity.  :maud:

As for how i personally feel for realzies without writing a fucking book, Pinkamena will always be a symbol of hope & joy for me. No matter how sad your life is, you can still find joy, especially with friendship, love, hell even a bucket of turnips and a sandbag.  So ya.  :maud:

• Brohoof 4

I see Pinkamena as the result of Pinkie losing all sense of self and succumbing to the dark thoughts that plague her mind which no one other than her knows exist. She can be calm the one minute, carefully being coy and saying nothing is wrong, and then completely lose control the next minute, turning her into a sadistic character whose reality-bending abilities are even stronger than what Pinkie herself is capable of doing.

Pinkie pie experiencing a mental breakdown, followed by dissociative disorder.

Rejection towards the idea of abandonment. High stress might trigger an isolated state of mind, causing delusion. Some form of coping method.

She seems to fear solitude, which somehow explains her friendly motivations.

To me, Pinkamena feels like my inner self. The sadness and momentarily insane(ness) (or overreaction and uncontrollable eye twitching if you prefer). 

I think a lot of us have an inner Pinkamena in us that we retreat to when we are at our most vulnerable. 

• Brohoof 1

an association with the murderous Pinkie of "Cupcakes"

At that point, you've ceased to talk about MLP:FIM's Pinkamena.  I don't consider the fandom's confused, grimdork interpretations of Pinkamena - or any of the ponies - to be applicable; they don't color how I think of the ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Frankly, I tend to see her as the gloomy Pinkie - one where the sad and lonely days get to her, and she is not able to cheer herself up. As for Cupcakes, well, I do find it interesting how "depressed" and "homicidal" seem to have conflated themselves in the eyes of a large part of the fandom, but am not sure what to really make of it.

• Brohoof 1

At first she was a bit scary but after a while she started to seam more adorable than horrible at this point she has cut her way into my Harte ... pun intended   

ART

dfe39cfc92c1ce5cbade325acba9dc0f-d4wmbpp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Multiple personality disorder and/or sudden onset schizophrenia... though probably the first. Oh yeah, bump... Lol. She doesn't just desire but requires attention and love so the possibility of abandonment triggered her to remember how sad she used to be before when she was younger without happiness. And the craziness came out from her misunderstanding of what her friends were doing.