Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fallout: Equestria music [Dubstep / original mix]

HoztileManikyn

@@HoztileManikyn, I'll be honest in that I have little experience with what goes into music mixing and the like, but this sounded just lovely. :P Definitely enjoyed listening through it, and the rhythm and tone were a lovely mix of dark and chaotic-yet-ordered to me. :D

Ok.

It's a good song. Great depth in your mix. For a dark and heavy synth piece like this, the amount of depth you put in the mix fit perfectly. Kinda remided me of the phone call from night 5 from FNAF 1.

The biggest thing in your piece however was your chords and use of the scale. I see you went with the Dorian and Phrygian modes, but you needed to use them to their fullest. You kept going around 5ths in the wubby sections of the song, yet kept moving around the Dorian mode in the main part. Make sure you complete most of your phrases. In dubstep, not all phrases are left hanging. I'd suggest using a 4-chord progression outside of the wubby sections. Here are a few examples, knowing this piece coud be pitched in d minor:

i-VII-III-V

VI-VII-i-V

i-iv-VI-VII

To learn more about chords, and if you don't know what these symbols mean, you can visit this thread here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136619-chords-progressions-modulations-a-guide-to-composing-music/

In terms of the sounds, I'd sub out those regular strings for polysynth strings. If you've got something close to a polysix, you can make synth strings from there. The strings you have now have a cut, which can be a distraction for your listeners. I like that deep crushed lead you had during the wubby section, but he sure not to glitch too much, as that can throw your listener off from the feeling of the song.

All in all, it's a good track but it could use more work and development. I'm always here if you need any help in understanding what I covered in my critique.