Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Needing small help on color pallete

hollow-shades

The colors are pretty good and well-balanced as is. Nothing really jumps out or clashes with the rest.

If you want to go for a technology based look however, you might want to think of using very low saturated cool grey. That usually is associated with metal and such things. Also, many robots one sees in the media today have plain metallic bodies, but they often have these glowing eyes, so using a very bright, almost neon-color for the eyes and maybe as a secondary mane color might make for a good accent in your design.

Hoo-hooo! Technology-themed Alicorn! Well, I don't mind alicorns too much myself, but I won't comment on that as I'm sure your already well aware the line your toeing.  ...Wait...Hoofing?

Do have to say I love the coat color you picked out. A nice soothing grey-blue that kind of says stallion all over it too. Don't get much of the Lookitme vibe you tend to get with alicorns, though I'd lose the hair stripes. Never been one for multi-colored manes or tails because I kind of assume that if it were a living being, the hair strands would mix together and the colors would mix. Having direct lines of color between them like that only draws attention to how it isn't real. Yeah, I know a good third of the main characters have that but...well, feel free to disregard, just my personal aesthetics.

If you ask me, you ought to keep in mind a good reserved look for an alicorn. To flashy & you get tossed in with all the ones that already are. Don't want to come across as your only making an alicorn to force people to see how powerful they are. Love the green eyes, but have to agree with Merrypaws, completely forgot to even look for them. Like the teal hair but it is kind of a touch too close to the coat color.

Overall, keep the coat, tweak the hair a bit more, maybe brighten the eyes up a bit. But not red, nooo red eyes. And don't break the horn either. Hate that.

I feel the best course is to draw attention away from your alicorn being an alicorn. Have it just be what he is, not his defining characteristic.