Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Eternal Day-Chapter 1

dreamstream

This is a short story.

Eternal Day

By: Dreamstream Whirl

Luna entered the throne room cautiously, but determined. Celestia should have lowered the sun at this point and Luna’s beautiful, tranquil night should be here, but the sun was still high in the sky. Luna knew by this that something was wrong with her sister. But the sun, as big of a hint it was, was not the only clue to lead Luna to believe something was undoubtedly awry with Celestia. The guards weren’t at their posts, the kitchen had been torched, and all of the stain glass windows of historic events had been destroyed, pouring in immense heat from outside.

A quick glance out the window and Luna was horrified to see some homes in Ponyville were on fire, probably due to the heat and their straw roofs. It was supposed to be raining in Ponyville, but that was not the case. Not a single cloud could be found in the sky, nor pegasus. The streets of Canterlot were bare. Plants in every direction were weeping, and places, where water was, were drying up.

All air escaped Luna as she looked on in horror at her sister sitting upon her throne. Celestia was dressed in golden battle armor, her once beautiful flowing mane was now a blazing fire of blues and reds, her eyes were an intense red, and the pupils were slits. Luna understood now the gravity of the situation but was too terrified and heartbroken to speak.

“Little Luna,” Celestia’s words cut like a blade fresh from the fire. Her voice was hot, sharp and just a tad deeper. A vicious smile crept onto her muzzle, “are you here to challenge me?”

“No my dear sister-“

“Ha! Sister? You would be very wrong about that,” Celestia scoffed. She continued, her voice getting louder and hotter with each word, “Celestia is no more. I am Solar Flare. The new ruler of Equestria and beyond its borders! Bow to me!”

Solar Flare shot a blast of blue fire from her horn at Luna. Luna flattened herself to the ground avoiding the blaze while Solar Flare laughed. The doors behind had been obliterated. Luna rose, determined once more,

“I will not bow to the likes of you, and I will make sure nopony will!”

Solar Flare howled with menacing laughter, “I am the sun! All live and die by me. All worship me!”

“No!” Luna screamed as she shot a blast out of her horn at Solar Flare. Solar Flare deflected the blast with a shot of her own. Luna flew out of the throne room toward her room. She had to get a letter to Twilight to warn her. Solar Flare trotted behind as if Luna was no threat at all to her.

Slamming her door shut she grabbed a quill and paper and began to scribble the warning down as fast as possible.

Twilight,

I write with monumental distress. Celestia has turned into Solar Flare, thus why the sun has not lowered for my moon. I will try my best to keep her occupied, but even I will not be able to last long against my sister, or rather, the nightmare that has possessed her. Only the Elements of Harmony are powerful enough to stop her. You will need all the help you can get. Write to Discord and Princess Cadence. Get help. Defeat Solar Flare. She will be the most difficult foe you face, but you must stop her at all cost. Not just Equestria is endangered by the threat of Solar Flare.

~ Princess Luna

”Oh Luna, you can’t hide from me,” Solar Flare chuckled from behind Luna’s door, “Look out the window dearest.”

Quickly, Luna sent the letter and then glanced out the window. The moon. It was rising. But the sun. It wasn’t lowering.

“No,” Luna whispered as she took a few steps back. Solar Flare incinerated the door and entered.

“Yes, dearest. Night has come. Join me.”

The moon blocked out the sun creating an eclipse. Luna could feel the dark magic stirring inside her. It was overwhelming. She screamed, “No! Celestia please!”

“I told you. Celestia is no more. Rule with me, Nightmare Moon.”

After writing, I found this picture on the internet. I felt like I had to add it. It's not exactly how I envisioned Solar Flare (lack of blue in her hair, her eyes are not supposed to glow, and her skin isn't white), but it is close enough.

post-40351-0-98132900-1488828095_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2