Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

new member. lf introduction.

wil

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

hey,

i thought i could try out an english brony forum to improve my english vocabulary. and grammar basics^^

at first, an introduction to the site would be quiet helpfull.

• Brohoof 4

Well, welcome here in this happy community of MLP ponies and friends =)=) I hope you can have good time here and enjoy the fun =)=)

I certainly have improved my English here and im sure yours will improve too =)=) <3

• Brohoof 1

well, thanks^^ any tips for visiting some topics? im not thaaat active on topic, so off topic would be the first way for me i guess.

and how does the site work? its just like a big BÄÄÄM of random letters. a bit confusing you know.

• Brohoof 1

well it seems i have to find out issues about the site by myself. btw im not that bad in writing english but in speaking far more. the discord link could be a good way to go mh?

• Brohoof 1

Hello Wil and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. Good luck with improving your english! :)
If you have any questions or want to chat, feel free to send me a message.

6 hours ago, wil said:

well, thanks^^ any tips for visiting some topics?

There are topics covering nearly everything this fandom has to offer, from discussing the show to posting fan art or even discussing topics that aren't related to My Little Pony in any way. It doesn't really matter where you start. You can browse around to see what there is, or if you're looking for something in particular just ask. I'd be more than happy to help you find anything.

• Brohoof 2

Hello there! ^_^ 

How does the site work? People are creating threads, that everybody can read and where they can discuss various things. As simple as that. ^_^ 
Where to start? It all depends on you! Take a look at the main page and see, if any of the sections sound appealing for you. For example, if you're interested in seeing some MLP fanart, then head to Visual Fan Art Section. It really depends on what you want to do and what you want to see. ;)

If you'll have any troubles or questions regarding the site, visit Site Questions & Tech Support to see, if somebody had a similar problem. If you'll not find the answer you're looking for, just make a new thread and ask away! :) 

Good luck and welcome to the herd! :) 

• Brohoof 1

Hello wil, nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies there. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..   :)

• Brohoof 1

I found anything i needed to find during my first day but thanks for instructing me^^

Btw, i joined the herd some time ago but my first forum was another one.

And one question remains: "brohoof", "folow",... what is it for? I never liked a comment in my other forum, aside from the fact that there isnt such an option.

I had my first folower after i wrote in his question thread and i cant figure out why... feels like the useless facebook friend counter.

Oh, welcome to this happy place! I hope you'll have fun here!

My English improved from MLP. Well, it started with MLP and then i started watching and reading a lot of english on the internet.

Now i am the best in class. So, where you from?

On 21.4.2017 at 4:14 PM, wil said:

btw im not that bad in writing english but in speaking far more. the discord link could be a good way to go mh?

Yes, i suppose listening to english and trying to speak it would be the best way to go. How old are you?

Edited by FizzyGreen

On 23.04.2017 at 10:22 PM, wil said:

And one question remains: "brohoof", "folow",... what is it for?

Basically, "brohoof" is a "like" just like on many other social medias, such as Facebook.

If you think, that somebody posted something nice - you can brohoof it to show, that you like and/or agree with the post
If a post made you laugh (positively) - you can brohoof it to show, that you just liked that comment, because it was funny
Most of the time brohoof/like is to tell, that you agree with somebody - to support his statement. For example, to say "Yep, he's right, I agree with this", without having to make a post just to say that. Just a quick way to say, that you agree or just like the post.

There's no rule telling what you should like or not - it all depends on you. ;) 

Brohooves technically don't change much. That's just a number of likes received by others. Usually quality posts get more likes, than spam, for example. Practically on the other hand, when people see, that you have tons of likes, they'll consider you more friendly and more famous (not literally and it still depends), than in case if you'd not have any. It also depends on post-likes rate, but that's nothing to be worried about. Just be yourself and brohoof posts you like. That's the most important thing. :) 

"Follow" is something similar to a friend list.. or contact list. If you like somebody, then you can follow him to receive news from that person.
For example, if you believe, that I'm a good person and my posts are nice and/or interesting - you can follow me to be notified about new content I make, dependable on your notification settings.
Practically it's also to show, that you like somebody. And yes... in some cases it can become the useless facebook friend counter, but it really depends on how that feature will be used by particular member. :twi: 

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking for, so sorry for potential misunderstanding.
Also, I'm talking too much again, they should just ban me. :adorkable:

Edited by Rikifive
Typo...
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, youre not banned yet. there are two possible reasons: the mods are inkompetent or you dont deserve to get the ban. hopefully, the mods do their job, youre not that annoying i guess^^ i wont use either anyway, brohoof and follow. its to much fb like and i dont boycott it for no reason^^

@FizzyGreen germany. ye... its not just about reading. when i played WoW some years ago, i was fine with the text chat, but when i needed the voice chat for a rated battleground... jesus^^ no chance!

*gasp* What if they're incompetent? :P Just kidding! ^_^ They're doing a great job, the staff here is really nice. (especially when comparing to the other sites I was in) :) 

Heh, glad to hear I'm not that annoying. Thanks. :P I'll try to be less annoying. ^_^ 

Generally I'm not a fan of fb (too many bot attacks and pointless articles), but I totally get what you mean. Then just don't use them, that's your decision. :)