K.Rool Addict

That was a pretty shitty conference

Parts I did like though

- Crackdown 3

- Cuphead release date

- Super Lucky's Tale

- OG Xbox compatibility

- Anthem looks cool

I thought the Xbox showing was fantastic. They concentrated mostly on games, many of which were new and looked great. I suppose people are never satisfied. They concentrate on media before, everyone gets pissed about the 'lack of game focus' Now they do a conference with almost nothing but games and some people are like 'bleh I didn't like it'. It is all opinions for sure, but it seems to some Microsoft can do no right.

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't really expecting a new Metro game to even be at E3 this year, pretty hyped for that. :ph34r:

And finally some more Crackdown 3 news. I had thought perhaps they'd forgotten about it.

Decent showing of games overall. There was something shown for everyone in terms of variety, that "Super Lucky's Tale" looked like it came straight from the late 90's. Classic platforming. :derp:

No real thoughts on the Xbox One X. I didn't really care for the Pro, so I don't see much more appeal in an even more expensive upgrade. I'm pretty content with having the standard model so long as it can play the games.

18 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

- OG Xbox compatibility

The only way this will work well is if the PC version is built first, then downgraded for the Xbone X, and then downgraded further for the Xbone S. This way, you'll be able to take advantage of the hardware of all 3 platforms and still giving their respective players the best experience.

Wasn't really impressed tbh. I wish microsoft would give me a reason to want an Xbox One. And right now, there is none. Exclusives should sell a console, and good third party support. The PS4 has that. All the games announced are on Windows 10 as well. That isn't exclusive. And then Anthem is Bioware. That will be multiplatform.

Honestly, some comments I am seeing make me sad. So many games in this showing looked fantastic and all we get is 'ugh, no reason to get an Xbox One'. Then, well, don't. I don't know why so many people are so focused on making sure we all know that you won't buy a certain system. 

The gaming community is in such a sad, fucked up state at this point.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Honestly, some comments I am seeing make me sad. So many games in this showing looked fantastic and all we get is 'ugh, no reason to get an Xbox One'. Then, well, don't. I don't know why so many people are so focused on making sure we all know that you won't buy a certain system. 

We're just giving our opinions, man. You're not obligated to listen to them.

Just now, Celli said:

We're just giving our opinions, man. You're not obligated to listen to them.

I am also completely allowed to give my opinion on those opinions. I have been seeing the same tired stuff over and over and eventually I want to comment on it.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

I am also completely allowed to give my opinion on those opinions. I have been seeing the same tired stuff over and over and eventually I want to comment on it.

Touche.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of the games that were showcased. Yeah, there were a few ones I didn't care for but with 42 supposed games that they claimed to show off (I lost count pretty quickly :derp:) you're not going to appreciate everything. There weren't too many established franchises shown either. Metro and Assassins Creed at most, and neither of those are system exclusives. One of the major deficits that Microsoft seem to have against Sony at the moment is that they're simply behind in good exclusives relative to the PS4 right now. Cancelling games like Scalebound didn't help matters much.

So the games that were shown were good, but what I think others are pointing out is that you don't necessarily need an Xbox One X in order to play them. Especially if you already have a decent gaming PC rig since most of them are available for Windows 10. The Xbox One X just isn't going to be for everyone. It so far doesn't seem to offer enough asides from the superior hardware specs to warrant the necessity of having it over the standard Xbone or the Slim. At least that's my perception of it.

But if you are interested, I think it's a pretty good value. You'd spend over twice that amount on a PC of similar specs in most cases.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

But if you are interested, I think it's a pretty good value. You'd spend over twice that amount on a PC of similar specs in most cases.

The Xbox One X quite literally has a CPU in it that's worth less than $30. I would hardly call that "good value". 

• Brohoof 2

I'll probably stick with PC gaming even after this E3 conference. However, if Sony has something to offer I may consider getting back into the console gaming scene.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Actually, you can spend $500 on a good entry level gaming PC, at least if you live in the US.

3 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

The Xbox One X quite literally has a CPU in it that's worth less than $30. I would hardly call that "good value".

Is it that cheap? I actually missed the first few minutes where they were talking about the specific hardware of the system, but it seemed to me like they were trying to put forward a decent alternative on a budget.

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

Actually, you can spend $500 on a good entry level gaming PC, at least if you live in the US.

I guess it all depends on where you purchase your parts from if you're custom building. I tend to avoid pre-built rigs from manufactures simply because they have a tendency to try nickle and dime you over shit you don't really need, and then don't want to know you when it comes to breakdowns or faults. Mine's about 6 years old now but at the time of building it altogether it cost about €1600, and that wasn't too far above entry level.

Maybe the U.S. is just cheaper for it. :P

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Is it that cheap? I actually missed the first few minutes where they were talking about the specific hardware of the system, but it seemed to me like they were trying to put forward a decent alternative on a budget.

I guess it all depends on where you purchase your parts from if you're custom building. I tend to avoid pre-built rigs from manufactures simply because they have a tendency to try nickle and dime you over shit you don't really need, and then don't want to know you when it comes to breakdowns or faults. Mine's about 6 years old now but at the time of building it altogether it cost about €1600, and that wasn't too far above entry level.

Maybe the U.S. is just cheaper for it. :P

Yeah, the U.S. is cheap when it comes to PC gaming. It's mostly because taxes are so low here. I spent $1000 USD and got a really good midrange PC and that was two years ago. Now $1000 would get me a fairly high end PC.  And definitely, building yourself is always cheaper. 

Also, yes $30 USD is really cheap for a CPU. I could spend $100 and get one that's miles better.

Edited by Celli

Just now, Dark Horse said:

They actually completely skimmed over the CPU department in this conference LOL.

And yes, it really is that cheap. It's the exact same 8 core Jaguar CPU used in the original Fat Xbox One. And the CPU used in that console was old tech from around 2011 iirc. So... it's basically a "supercharged" version of the old chip which was obsolete even back in 2013 when the original Xbox released -.-

I have no bloody idea why they would invest so much money into making all the other components of this system really competitive with high(-ish) end pcs while simultaneously not giving any shits about the CPU. They could have put in a $50 CPU with around 3 - 3.5 ghz base clock speed and called it a day; they woulda had pretty much all their titles 60 fps locked no compromises... *sigh*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
21 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Is it really still using the same Jaguar octacore? The one from 2013?

EDIT: Missed that post.

Edited by Vulon Bii
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Vulon Bii said:

Yup. And the Xbone X will likely suffer bottlenecking as a result. Oh, and it has supersampling.

Edited by Celli

Just now, Vulon Bii said:

EDIT: Missed that post.

Lol. 

Here, check out this thread. It has all the info you'll need. Just watch the videos I linked and read my wall of text and you'll have all the proof you could ask for xD

https://mlpforums.com/topic/164758-xbox-scorpio-microsofts-belated-april-fools-joke/

1 minute ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I have no bloody idea why they would invest so much money into making all the other components of this system really competitive with high(-ish) end pcs while simultaneously not giving any shits about the CPU. They could have put in a $50 CPU with around 3 - 3.5 ghz base clock speed and called it a day; they woulda had pretty much all their titles 60 fps locked no compromises... *sigh*

Welp, trust Microsoft to go and drop the ball when it looks as though they're ahead on something. I can just see Phil Spencer giving the reason for it on stage:

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dark Horse said:

Welp, trust Microsoft to go and drop the ball when it looks as though they're ahead on something. I can just see Phil Spencer giving the reason for it on stage:

giphy.gif

I mean, the Ps4 Pro has a mere 2.1 ghz Cpu which is even worse than the Xbox One X's. So its hardly only a Microsoft issue. While Ps4 Pro was on par with a GTX 970, the X seems to be more or less around a 1080 Ti  980 Ti (fixed lol -.-) But the Cpu is going to limit what the machine can do by soooo much! Even if the reason these companies skimped out on the Cpu is purely due to corporate greed, it doesnt make sense for Micro$oft to put so much effort and money into the GPU side but completely neglect the CPU side :/

Edited by K.Rool Addict
I am a retard lmao. Meant 980 Ti instead of 1080 Ti >.<

1 minute ago, K.Rool Addict said:

the X seems to be more or less around a 1080 Ti.

That is a GPU that costs (more or less) $700. I kinda doubt that it's on par with it. For all we know, the demos were running on a PC with a 1080 Ti.

• Brohoof 1