Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the antithesis of your favorite episode?

ggg-2

(edited)

Not your LEAST favorite episode per se, but one(s) you consider to be your favorite episode's polar opposite. For me, my favorite episodes are Brotherhooves Social, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, Dungeons and Discords and Flurry of Emotions. The latter three don't have polar opposites, (yet) but Hard to Say Anything is the polar opposite of Brotherhooves Social for reasons I've stated many times.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Not your LEAST favorite episode per se, but one(s) you consider to be your favorite episode's polar opposite. For me, my favorite episodes are Brotherhooves Social, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, and Flurry of Emotions. The latter two don't have polar opposites, (yet) but Hard to Say Anything is the polar opposite of Brotherhooves Social for reasons I've stated many times.

"Fluttershy Leans In" and basically any season one or two Fluttershy episode. Also too clarify Fluttershy Leans In is one of my favorite Fluttershy episodes. 

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Not your LEAST favorite episode per se, but one(s) you consider to be your favorite episode's polar opposite. For me, my favorite episodes are Brotherhooves Social, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows, and Flurry of Emotions. The latter two don't have polar opposites, (yet) but Hard to Say Anything is the polar opposite of Brotherhooves Social for reasons I've stated many times.

Yeah, when Big Macintosh is more comfortable pretending to be a mare than talking to one, I'd say that counts as antithetical.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Parental Glideance feels like Newbie Dash if Newbie Dash wasn't total garbage. Newbie Dash portrayed Rainbow as a moron throughout, whereas Parental Glideance portrayed her as more mature, while still highlighting a problem she clearly had.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight's Kingdom is my favorite episode for being some of the most fun and invested I have been with the show, while Simple Ways has to be one of the most dull, boring, and monotonous episodes in the entire series.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would be "Call of the Cutie" as it is pretty much the antithesis of "Crusaders of the Lost Mark".

CotC: AB is at ok terms with DT at the beginning, DT and SS bully her and Twist, she starts worrying sick to get her cutie mark ASAP, she pretty much ignored Twist's achievement and talent/destiny (because of her own issue), she pretty much asks anyone to help her getting her CM, at the party she meets the rest of the CMC and start their friendship based on their worries to get their CM and their dislike of DT.

CotLM: CMC's start helping Pip in the hope of getting their CM, they get a little bullied by DT when they didn't get them, they forget their CM issue to try and check on DT, they actively help DT with her talent/destiny doubts, they befriend and end at ok terms with DT, they decided to stop worrying about their issue and start helping others with theirs.

The Cutie Re-mark is pretty much the opposite of Keep Calm and Flutter On, which is my favorite episode. Remark completely focuses on Twilight, Starlight and Spike that the rest of the cast has no role here, unlike in Keep Calm where they play a decent role. Flutter On also has the main character not be Twilight instead having it be Fluttershy. And Flutter On has much grayer morals, such as why everyone is doing what they're doing. It also helps that everyone's motivations make sense and have that degree of grayness to them. You can understand why Discord is doing what he's doing even if he's an ass. The plot focuses entirely on the main focus of what the episode is trying to do, not play around with ultimately pointless scenes that don't really do anything for the main plot. And finally that ending. Instead of everyone just instantly accepting Discord, they make it abundantly clear that they still don't trust and like him save for Fluttershy, unlike with Starlight. 

• Brohoof 1