Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC - Tale of the two Wastelanders

Raven Rawne

(edited)

Rp link: 

Hi! Ben a while since I started a RP, so I decided to fix that. So, I have a veeeery vague idea this time, or to be frank, just a hint of a concept really.

Basically, I'm looking for someone willing to pull off a 1x1, where I roll with my main, Crystal Clear. (I know the character page got messy, but it just refuses to separate into neat paragraphs and bullet points like it used to on the old Forums...) As the title already mentioned, I'm interested in a romance type of roleplay, but with an advenure element tossed in. Basically two individuals who are in a relationship wander around and have adventurs. Since in canon Equestria, Crystal is heavily tied to her work, I suggest taking a turn into the alternate Universe avenue, and I'll modify her backstory accordingly. I've already roleplayed her in Star Trek setting, as well as sort of high Fantasy one too, so I know what I'm doing. Probably. So the PC's can be anything from Fallout Equestria scavvers (haven't read the books, but know the regular Fallout), sci fi mercs or ponies who solve problems for coin *cough*Witcher*cough*, or anything else really, as long as they travel and do interesting things.

So far I've been in close to 10 roleplays in here, and some were pretty long (like "Diffuse Reflection"), so keeping the RP alive is no real issue for me. You can check my other still alive ones to see if you like my style. Other than that... ask away, I suppose. Oh and as far as the eternal dilemna "anthro or feral" goes, I'm more into feral, but if you give me a good reason, I can roll with anthro.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Hi! Ben a while since I started a RP, so I decided to fix that. So, I have a veeeery vague idea this time, or to be frank, just a hint of a concept really.

Basically, I'm looking for someone willing to pull off a 1x1, where I roll with my main, Crystal Clear. (I know the character page got messy, but it just refuses to separate into neat paragraphs and bullet points like it used to on the old Forums...) As the title already mentioned, I'm interested in a romance type of roleplay, but with an advenure element tossed in. Basically two individuals who are in a relationship wander around and have adventurs. Since in canon Equestria, Crystal is heavily tied to her work, I suggest taking a turn into the alternate Universe avenue, and I'll modify her backstory accordingly. I've already roleplayed her in Star Trek setting, as well as sort of high Fantasy one too, so I know what I'm doing. Probably. So the PC's can be anything from Fallout Equestria scavvers (haven't read the books, but know the regular Fallout), sci fi mercs or ponies who solve problems for coin *cough*Witcher*cough*, or anything else really, as long as they travel and do interesting things.

So far I've been in close to 10 roleplays in here, and some were pretty long (like "Diffuse Reflection"), so keeping the RP alive is no real issue for me. You can check my other still alive ones to see if you like my style. Other than that... ask away, I suppose. Oh and as far as the eternal dilemna "anthro or feral" goes, I'm more into feral, but if you give me a good reason, I can roll with anthro.

Hope to hear from you soon!

I'm happy to have another 1x1 RP with my OC Techno so here's the link: 

The storyline is actually going to be a sequel to this 1x1 RP I'm already in: 

So basically equestria has been modernised into a futuristic society and Techno has been married with Princess Celestia ever since the recent modernisation project. So it's going to be a romantic, science fiction and adventure RP as Techno is going to get interested in your OC over something that's unique about her and he's going to go and introduce himself personally to her. They then probably go exploring the unexplored in equestria and they might even travel to other universes along the line! :) 

Edited by Techno Universal

2 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

O-kay... you don't happen to have a... less almighty OC, do you? Guy's making God look like a noob.

To be honest when it comes down to Techno's mindset he's actually quite down to earth with his thinking. So he seriously can be a really funny idiot at times and he still doesn't know everything about every universe yet. So in this RP Techno finally had the chance to actually go and explore other equestrian universes and he thought that Crystal would be the perfect companion to come with him on his adventures. Even as you can imagine some of the universes they travel to are going to be completely corrupt versions of equestria that are full of evil. Now both of us would have to come up with story ideas still as I don't have every idea and eventually at times I may run out of ideas and also Techno is my primary OC and technically Glitch his brother is the only other OC I created but he's not going to be very involved in this RP. :) 

I don't know, Crystal would end up more like a Doctor's companion. And the "Doctor" is married to basically a Sun goddess, even if she herself is not Celestia's subject - as a citizen of the Crystal Empire she's under Cadence and Shining Armor.  I was looking for a setting where a pair of equals go out and do things, while their relationship progresses, so this is a bit different from what I had in mind.

Now,  I don't have problems with cooking up adventures and story ideas on the go, so that base us covered as soon as the setting and actors are chosen.

52 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

I don't know, Crystal would end up more like a Doctor's companion. And the "Doctor" is married to basically a Sun goddess, even if she herself is not Celestia's subject - as a citizen of the Crystal Empire she's under Cadence and Shining Armor.  I was looking for a setting where a pair of equals go out and do things, while their relationship progresses, so this is a bit different from what I had in mind.

Now,  I don't have problems with cooking up adventures and story ideas on the go, so that base us covered as soon as the setting and actors are chosen.

I had to do some things in real life so that's why it took me awhile to get back to you. Anyways just now I got the idea that Techno started the secret relationship with Crystal for a social experiment so he could further build his knowledge on relationships with lower classed ponies. Now at the time of the RP Cadance and Shining Armour where very close to Techno with news as every major town and city leader in equestria where working very closely and all of them were always up to date with project and event news from each other and Techno. Plus Techno would try to put himself as down to earth as possible so the relationship works out better. :)

Cheat your wife... for science?  No really, it's just getting more and more tangled.  I'm afraid I can't see how this could work, you know. At least in a way that would make it meaningful for my character. She'd end up as a social experiment/Doctor's companion.

18 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Cheat your wife... for science?  No really, it's just getting more and more tangled.  I'm afraid I can't see how this could work, you know. At least in a way that would make it meaningful for my character. She'd end up as a social experiment/Doctor's companion.

Now of Celestia did know about it from the beginning and she was even quite interested in the experiment to see how things would go. Now Techno never actually let Crystal know that it was an important social experiment plus Techno was also in the mood to try new things that he's never done before. So Techno did of course tell her that she had gotten his attention as a special pony because of her sense of adventure. So now I'm thinking that it would probably work better as a mostly adventure RP and only partly romantic. So I've got to get to bed in a moment as it's late here and my mind is starting to get a bit jumbled up from me feeling very tiered right now. :) 

Okay, let me get this straight - I'm not thrilled with your idea, it wouldn't be fun for me or work well with my OC - you have no idea how much bickering I would have to write even before they set hoof outside her house. I appreciate the offer, but its not what I had in mind when I set this thread up.

I do like the idea of having two toons traveling the world in sort of mercenary role, but perhaps eventually getting tangled up in something far deeper than they would have expected, and in turn of working their way through it eventually grow their relationship (or into one, depending on where it starts). You have a lot of freedom to work with settings wise. I've never personally done a romance RP; but I certainly would have no qualms expanding my outlook, especially if there's a compelling scenario behind it.

I could probably run this with either Saffron or Nova. It's really a choice of personality and what would give the most chemistry between the two.

Thanks for considering in any case. I realize that I can occasionally be slower on response time because of my classes, so I understand if you'd like someone who can be a little more consistent to keep things moving.

• Brohoof 2

Umm hi ya...

I'd like to say that I'd love giving this a go with my sweet-hearted half-Dragonequus

(Feel free to say no because of my character or any other reason. I'm really ok with that. Small side note: I'm not to good at romantic Roleplays, But I'd love to get better.)

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Okay, let me get this straight - I'm not thrilled with your idea, it wouldn't be fun for me or work well with my OC - you have no idea how much bickering I would have to write even before they set hoof outside her house. I appreciate the offer, but its not what I had in mind when I set this thread up.

Okay it's just I've now figured out that the ideas issue was simply caused by lack of detailed information in the first post. It's just I literally need a lot of information so I can generate a 100% accurate picture in my head of your ideas and simply if something is missing I'll have to fill it in with my own ideas and that's where problems can start to arise. It's probably just a case of me needing more in depth information to correctly come up with a storyline. :) 

@Techno Universal it's how we, mortals do it? Put our own ideas where the missing pieces go? I already told you, I am looking for a story with both romance and action parts, between equal or roughly equal characters. Your character can reshape reality itself just because he thinks it would be nice. And even if he decides not to do it, the option is still on the table.  Plus there's this whole "social experiment" part that I don't like. I just have to be assertive with you, I honestly can't see how your character can blend into the picture I am vaguely imagining.

@Dark Horse - Although I am looking for somehing more fast paced, I liked your attention to detail in Noire. Of the two toons you presented, Saffron might be better in my opinion - Crystal would butt her head with Nova. A lot. And then get drunk, rinse and repeat. But that you probably figured out, having a glimpse of her in said Noire.

@Maple Bat - I don't know why you're so unsure about your character, he's not bad. He HAS potential to run amok straight into OP-ness, but with great power comes great responsibility - to you as the player. Prety much the same argument I have with Techno's character, but your guy at least isn't the creator diety of the Multiverse... If you think you can manage with said responsibility, then, why not. 

On an unrelated note, I find it amusing that all offered characters are male. Crystal's written to be bi, and I don't much care which way to swing her doors for one RP or another. I worked with players who had characters of both sexes in RP's and it worked fine on my end.

Alright, so, serious stuff now. Although, like I said, I am looking for something to shoot a reply every other day or so, I sure am not saying no to you, Dark Horse. Just be honest with your ability to keep up, since, frankly, Noir was going slow so far, even taking Nightmare's work overload into account. But I like your writing style. Maple Bat, if you think that it would be true to your character's spirit (we all hate breaking their spines just to fit some criteria, after all), while keeping him on a reasonable level of power - we are talking combat and adventuring now - then sure, why not. And don't be afraid of your supposd inepttude at romance RP's - it's not like they'll start as a married couple, you'll have some time and opportunities to hone your shipping skill.

The "mercenary" setting was just a simple idea toss on my end, since I'm open to other options aswell, but I reeeally like the idea of Witcher style monster slaying. A drifter character travels the land up and down, taking care of nasty things that have a price tag on their heads. Of course neither Canon Equestria, nor Canon Crystal Clear are suited for this idea, hence the alternate universe concept. I can modify her backstory while keeping her the same as a person. For the setting... I am rather drawn to Fallout Equestria as an anchor point, since there's enough nasty things to slay, ruins to explore, lost artifacts to find... you get the idea. Bonus points for guns, and maybe they could scavenge a vehicle at some point. of course I'd have to look up the universe since I haven't read the books.

1 hour ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Maple Bat - I don't know why you're so unsure about your character, he's not bad. He HAS potential to run amok straight into OP-ness, but with great power comes great responsibility - to you as the player. Prety much the same argument I have with Techno's character, but your guy at least isn't the creator diety of the Multiverse... If you think you can manage with said responsibility, then, why not. 

On an unrelated note, I find it amusing that all offered characters are male. Crystal's written to be bi, and I don't much care which way to swing her doors for one RP or another. I worked with players who had characters of both sexes in RP's and it worked fine on my end.

Alright, so, serious stuff now. Although, like I said, I am looking for something to shoot a reply every other day or so, I sure am not saying no to you, Dark Horse. Just be honest with your ability to keep up, since, frankly, Noir was going slow so far, even taking Nightmare's work overload into account. But I like your writing style. Maple Bat, if you think that it would be true to your character's spirit (we all hate breaking their spines just to fit some criteria, after all), while keeping him on a reasonable level of power - we are talking combat and adventuring now - then sure, why not. And don't be afraid of your supposd inepttude at romance RP's - it's not like they'll start as a married couple, you'll have some time and opportunities to hone your shipping skill.

The "mercenary" setting was just a simple idea toss on my end, since I'm open to other options aswell, but I reeeally like the idea of Witcher style monster slaying. A drifter character travels the land up and down, taking care of nasty things that have a price tag on their heads. Of course neither Canon Equestria, nor Canon Crystal Clear are suited for this idea, hence the alternate universe concept. I can modify her backstory while keeping her the same as a person. For the setting... I am rather drawn to Fallout Equestria as an anchor point, since there's enough nasty things to slay, ruins to explore, lost artifacts to find... you get the idea. Bonus points for guns, and maybe they could scavenge a vehicle at some point. of course I'd have to look up the universe since I haven't read the books.

Well I chose Woodland Because his personality and story are way better suited for something like this than his sister (My Main OC), I do firmly believe that he'd fit this (But its me while playing him I'm worried about). His power however wasn't really my concern I know he could easily slip into the level of Op but when I play as him I work really hard to keep him away from that level. My concern was more of his parentage and your opinion of that. (Not everyone Ships the same ships I do.) If you're ok with that then I'd love to do something like this.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Techno Universal it's how we, mortals do it? Put our own ideas where the missing pieces go? I already told you, I am looking for a story with both romance and action parts, between equal or roughly equal characters. Your character can reshape reality itself just because he thinks it would be nice. And even if he decides not to do it, the option is still on the table.  Plus there's this whole "social experiment" part that I don't like. I just have to be assertive with you, I honestly can't see how your character can blend into the picture I am vaguely imagining.

@Dark Horse - Although I am looking for somehing more fast paced, I liked your attention to detail in Noire. Of the two toons you presented, Saffron might be better in my opinion - Crystal would butt her head with Nova. A lot. And then get drunk, rinse and repeat. But that you probably figured out, having a glimpse of her in said Noire.

To be honest I think it's just I don't know what the exact picture is your talking about. Like I would easily figure something out so Techno fits in if I had a proper idea of it but annoyingly it's just not in my head. :) 

@Maple Bat I don't see a problem in your OC being the offspring of canon characters. But in case of "meet my parents" scenario, you're playing them okay?

@Pripyat Pony I know that Crystal Empire rp was short lived, but 1x1 are much easier in that aspect. And if, for some reason, I would decide to terminate it,  I would tell you that rather than stop replying. I'll look at the list of toons you provided when I get back from work. 

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if my Ajax oc would really fit for this but..

I just tought it would make for a pretty fun experience because of his cheery additude.

(The backstory of Ajax is rather sloppy, i know. If need be il alter his backstory and things if nessecery.)

And to be honest, i have never done a romance rp of this level before, if you end up wanting me in the RP, its going to be a rather new experience for me xD

15 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Of the two toons you presented, Saffron might be better in my opinion - Crystal would butt her head with Nova. A lot. And then get drunk, rinse and repeat. But that you probably figured out, having a glimpse of her in said Noire.

That I have. Can't imagine Crystal being able to take Nova's ego for too long, and he isn't one to back down either, so much of their interaction would probably be fairly predictable as you said. Saffron would have a lot more patience. He wouldn't rush in to problems head on without first having considered every possibility, and would try to keep a cool head, probably being the more diplomatic of the two when dealing with clients and making sure that they get the best deal for their services. He's also well-read into history and archaeological finds, so i could see him putting that knowledge to good use as they travel (particularly if it's decided to go the Fallout: Equestria route, he'd have in-depth knowledge of the 'old world' and a fair, though still limited, understanding of how its technology works) He'd be less instinctive than Crystal though. I could see her being able to spot 'creative' solutions to a problem that Saffron simply wouldn't have considered because of how reckless it seems. He'd be chastising of it at first, but would eventually let it grow on him, particularly when it saves their hide on more than one occasion. He'd have to learn that sometimes the best solution is staring you right in the face, and become more open to taking risks.

That's just an idea anyway. Of course it's down to you how you'd like Crystal to be portrayed, but I feel that having a nice contrast between the two in some way would help build both their characters overtime and give their relationship a bit more of a natural flow to follow, eventually learning to love each other's quirks.

16 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Just be honest with your ability to keep up, since, frankly, Noir was going slow so far, even taking Nightmare's work overload into account.

Understandable. I'd do my best to try and get a post in at least every other day or so, if not sooner. I guess another problem is that I really like to try and put a lot of thought into my RP responses, and so sometimes that slows things down for me while I consider it. Quality over quantity I guess. :P I'll try to address that balance.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Maple Bat I don't see a problem in your OC being the offspring of canon characters. But in case of "meet my parents" scenario, you're playing them okay?

Not a problem I've been practicing as cannon characters because of things like that.

So should we talk a bit more about situation? I could get Woody to fit in most of them. What did you have in mind?

Alright... Crystal would probably say her catchphrase: "I'm too sober for this s**t" right now but, let's get to it.

@Mickey Adaptus I appreciate the interest, but we already have one RP, and that's enough for now. I want to diversify my selection of Rp partners, play with other styles.

@Techno Universal I already told you, simply put, your OC is the main obstacle. It doesn't fit my concept for this particular RP. Any difficulties would be rendered moot with him around, knowing he can do everything and everywhere. Why huddle in a cold cave when he can turn it into a 5 star suite? Disallowing him to use his abilities would break his spine, and I'm against that. Another time maybe.

@Pripyat Pony I'll be frank, most of them don't look like fun ponies to be around. Glory sounds okay, but then not sure how she would fare against action parts, especially if things get darker.

@Maple Bat As already mentioned, my initial concept sums up in "battle couple" trope. Basically, two characters meet up on a hob that neither can do alone, and decide to band together. Romance ensues. But, they also wander the land, being drifters both. They have adventures, get odd jobs, look for treasure, that sort of thing. Something you'd expect from "adventurers". Of course the difficulty level would ramp up as they go along.

@Dark Horse I am tempted to believe you... but we both know how long the poor Noire is waiting for your reply, are we? Still, I know you're good at roleplaying. I wish it wasn't so hard to choose...

Decisions decisions... I'm torn between Maple and Dark for my partner in this RP. I appreciate the attention from the rest of you, but I can make only one thread out of this, simply bcause I don't have enough free time to run more. Sorry but, that's how it is.

So now it's time to get more concrete with those pesky ideas. I called out Fallout: Equestria before, since it's a ready made world, and an awful one at that (as a place to live). Makes sense there are adventurers and scavvers walking up and down the map, never setting down in one place. There's also plenty of stuff for them to do - scavenging ruins, looking for pre-war treasures, helping settlements as paid workers or as charity, dealing with raiders and dangerous wildlife... The plate is overfilled with things to do. And they can also aquire cool gear along the way, to be better equipped for the dangers ahead. That being said, I'm also open for other crossovers or fully original settings which provide simillar opportunities.

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne I'm surprised to hear you say that; Diego would be fun to be around, if you get his twisted sense of humour. Glory, his daughter, is tougher than she looks. She has to be, since she was brought up in the griffin country. But your call; hopefully we can RP together later on, if you pick somepony else. ;)

@Pripyat Pony Well, it's quite possible that the description doesn't paint a full picture in his case, yeah. It's the case with most OC's really.

Honestly I wasn't expecting to run a casting in here, usually there's one person who shows interest and the roleplay fires up soon after. So having to choose is pretty new to me.

• Brohoof 2

@Raven Rawne,

If you're genuinely interested/happy with having Fallout: Equestria as the setting then I would say go for it! As you pointed out you already have a fairly extensive world with plenty of material to work off, both from the original games and the FO:E canon itself. I personally am much more familiar with the games than the fanfic, however I can always take this as an opportunity to expand my outlook and get into reading FO:E more extensively, at least enough to get a better idea of what we could work with further on. At the very least, it's a dangerous and deadly world. Merciless even at the best of times, which could help reinforce their relationship. At first they're just drifters wandering from place to place, trying to get by. But eventually they'd have far more to lose.

They could also slowly be building their reputation over time as they complete more and more dangerous tasks, either for themselves or various factions who would hire mercenary assistance. Some would renown them, some would fear them, but whether or not they would lean to one particular set of ideologies or another, or just purely be in it for themselves and the rewards, could be agreed upon later. Just trying to think what kind of motivations they might have beyond the simple thrill of adventure and promise of loot (although I'd have no problem if that's all it was).

18 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Alright... Crystal would probably say her catchphrase: "I'm too sober for this s**t" right now but, let's get to it.

@Mickey Adaptus I appreciate the interest, but we already have one RP, and that's enough for now. I want to diversify my selection of Rp partners, play with other styles.

@Techno Universal I already told you, simply put, your OC is the main obstacle. It doesn't fit my concept for this particular RP. Any difficulties would be rendered moot with him around, knowing he can do everything and everywhere. Why huddle in a cold cave when he can turn it into a 5 star suite? Disallowing him to use his abilities would break his spine, and I'm against that. Another time maybe.

@Pripyat Pony I'll be frank, most of them don't look like fun ponies to be around. Glory sounds okay, but then not sure how she would fare against action parts, especially if things get darker.

@Maple Bat As already mentioned, my initial concept sums up in "battle couple" trope. Basically, two characters meet up on a hob that neither can do alone, and decide to band together. Romance ensues. But, they also wander the land, being drifters both. They have adventures, get odd jobs, look for treasure, that sort of thing. Something you'd expect from "adventurers". Of course the difficulty level would ramp up as they go along.

@Dark Horse I am tempted to believe you... but we both know how long the poor Noire is waiting for your reply, are we? Still, I know you're good at roleplaying. I wish it wasn't so hard to choose...

Decisions decisions... I'm torn between Maple and Dark for my partner in this RP. I appreciate the attention from the rest of you, but I can make only one thread out of this, simply bcause I don't have enough free time to run more. Sorry but, that's how it is.

So now it's time to get more concrete with those pesky ideas. I called out Fallout: Equestria before, since it's a ready made world, and an awful one at that (as a place to live). Makes sense there are adventurers and scavvers walking up and down the map, never setting down in one place. There's also plenty of stuff for them to do - scavenging ruins, looking for pre-war treasures, helping settlements as paid workers or as charity, dealing with raiders and dangerous wildlife... The plate is overfilled with things to do. And they can also aquire cool gear along the way, to be better equipped for the dangers ahead. That being said, I'm also open for other crossovers or fully original settings which provide simillar opportunities.

Stuck between two huh?

Well If you decide to RP with me then Fallout: Equestria could be fun. Honestly I'm very open to suggestion and I'm pretty good at rolling with the punches so anything will work with me. What you have suggested would be something I could write Woody doing (Helping for charity but keeping what he finds along the way.)

(Hehe you could totally make it a love triangle thing but you probably want a 1x1 out of this post. Well it was just an Idea.)