Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Years 2018 celebration banner community project! (CLOSED)

Techno Universal

On 10/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, Techno Universal said:

Yeah for now I guess we'll add your pony OC for now! Though it's going to be mainly pony OCs so no pony anthro characters but we would of course allow non pony OCs that fit into cannon equestria like a Discord like OC or a wolf OC and more! :)

And of course your OC is added! :)

Anyways I remember the banner you made as my OC was in it! I also sort of got inspiration from it for this but this is basically taking your idea to a much higher level as the whole thing is going to be drawn by artists who volunteer instead of just directly using the character images users provide! Plus this is actually going to be an official forums banner so everyone will see it on the forums during January next year! :) 

Alright cool thanks.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yup those two have been added to the list! :)

Cool. Just let me know if there need to be any adjustments that I could do on my end to make this project work.

10 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Cool. Just let me know if there need to be any adjustments that I could do on my end to make this project work.

Well really everything should be all good now! Anyways I was even thinking that maybe our OCs in the image might have massive capes! :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Well really everything should be all good now! Anyways I was even thinking that maybe our OCs in the image might have massive capes! :)

I want to emphasize that because both Wills share the same body that maybe a ghostly image of Changeling Will Guide standing near the Unicorn would best represents C. Will being a 2nd soul inside.

28 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I want to emphasize that because both Wills share the same body that maybe a ghostly image of Changeling Will Guide standing near the Unicorn would best represents C. Will being a 2nd soul inside.

Yeah like for that maybe I'll have Will in a pose where he's looking up at his ghostly changeling counterpart who's just above him or cutely sitting on his back! :)

4 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah like for that maybe I'll have Will in a pose where he's looking up at his ghostly changeling counterpart who's just above him or cutely sitting on his back! :)

"C. Will cutely sitting on U. Will's back", huh?:dash:

You mean like Spike on Twilight here?

thumb.png.6e4aa8894a84920d89a4629cc368c6cf.png

Yeah, I can see the general idea working!:)

7 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

"C. Will cutely sitting on U. Will's back", huh?:dash:

You mean like Spike on Twilight here?

thumb.png.6e4aa8894a84920d89a4629cc368c6cf.png

Yeah, I can see the general idea working!:)

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking! I thought it would work perfectly! Plus also in the image because it's like a class photo Will might have a front profile or an angel profile shot. Basically something that's facing the camera in a way! :)

3 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking! I thought it would work perfectly! Plus also in the image because it's like a class photo Will might have a front profile or an angel profile shot. Basically something that's facing the camera in a way! :)

Will you be able to make a front profile? The original image of both characters I was only able to do a side image. 

In the past, I did managed to get someone to make a 3D model of U. Will from different angles without his glasses and vest, and with eyelashes unintentionially being added. It wasn't exactly what I wanted. Let me know if you want to see them.

5 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Will you be able to make a front profile? The original image of both characters I was only able to do a side image. 

In the past, I did managed to get someone to make a 3D model of U. Will from different angles without his glasses and vest, and with eyelashes unintentionially being added. It wasn't exactly what I wanted. Let me know if you want to see them.

Well really we could do a front profile shot of the two! Plus it would probably fit in better in the main image! :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

Well really we could do a front profile shot of the two! Plus it would probably fit in better in the main image! :)

I'm asking if any of the artists can do a front profile of my OCs together using info from the side view I already got?

Because I requested months ago for someone to make something like this for a long time for me to use as a Avatar Picture. Unfortunately, the original artist who took on the request had to quit, leaving just this for me:

5a1313f21ec04_two_personality_face1.thumb.png.bf3d341552aa34189edd866eeae25d8b(1).png.61bdc2930dd2a43a00a004793a21c07b.png

Actually, this banner project could be a great opportunity to get my original request for a half and half Front Profile of my 2 OCs finally fulfilled. Wouldn't you agree?

15 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'm asking if any of the artists can do a front profile of my OCs together using info from the side view I already got?

Because I requested months ago for someone to make something like this for a long time for me to use as a Avatar Picture. Unfortunately, the original artist who took on the request had to quit, leaving just this for me:

5a1313f21ec04_two_personality_face1.thumb.png.bf3d341552aa34189edd866eeae25d8b(1).png.61bdc2930dd2a43a00a004793a21c07b.png

Actually, this banner project could be a great opportunity to get my original request for a half and half Front Profile of my 2 OCs finally fulfilled. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah to be honest I guess at this point you would finally get your request! It's just the original transparent images of every individual OC will be separately posted here along side the banner! :)

Sounds fun! Since I'm a pixel artist, I won't be able to help with drawing OCs, but could my main OC Clover be part of the banner? here's her reference sheet.

Clover_Ref.png

5 hours ago, MilkTeaFD said:

I also can only do pixel art, so if you don't mind can mine be part of the banner too? (It's a pony version of my human oc)

pony.png

Well to be honest because it's going to be a compact image we could have a couple of pixel artists in the project as you wouldn't really notice it from the density of the banner! Anyways obviously your OC has been added! :)