Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Return of Toonami

Eric Noecker

(edited)

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

So unless your internet connection has been down for the past few days (which is the equivalent of living under a rock)

Toonami is back, May 26th. Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach have been confirmed for the lineup, There was also a third show but I cant recall it.

So....Yeah. This shit was my childhood as I am a true 90's kid, born in 93.

I'm so excited.

One thing that I was hoping for, but would probably never ever happen is if MLP went to Toonami Adult Swim does know we bronies exist and even had a bumper about it. But it being on Toonami is virtually impossible, still nice to wonder about.

So what shows do you think are going to be added to the lineup? Im hoping Gurren Laggen and Code Geass make it, maybe Death Note. Or hell bring back DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho.

And lets not forget T.O.M voiced by Steve Blum, dat sexy ass voice.

Edited by Artemis

I find it kinda upsetting, from what I saw apparently its almost the same Adult Swim line up, so really nothing's changed...

It's on much later than the original Toonami and it doesn't have some of the shows that made me love it (Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakisho, Zatch Bell, Naruto, One Piece, BoBoBoBoBoBoBo, etc.)

Basically they just changed the face, but not the inner workings.

Still... I guess it is nice to get Tom back.

• Brohoof 1

I really have to wonder why they got rid of it in the first place if it was so popular and showcased some amazing animation.

Hopefully, it isn't just a rip-off of Adult Swim like Colton said. I'd love to see some Code Lyoko on it. Dragon Ball Z. And Pokémon, the original series. I also hope it brings back the prominence of dubbed anime, but that's just a lot to hope for at the moment, and something that probably won't happen. (Though I would love to see a redub of Sailor Moon air on it.)

• Brohoof 1

Give me Tenchi Muyo, Universe, Tokyo, and the movies and I will be happy. Original Naruto as well as some of the classics I haven't seen yet would be welcome.

I really have to wonder why they got rid of it in the first place if it was so popular and showcased some amazing animation.

Hopefully, it isn't just a rip-off of Adult Swim like Colton said. I'd love to see some Code Lyoko on it. Dragon Ball Z. And Pokémon, the original series. I also hope it brings back the prominence of dubbed anime, but that's just a lot to hope for at the moment, and something that probably won't happen. (Though I would love to see a redub of Sailor Moon air on it.)

IT was actually naruto that ended up ruining the old toonami. Back in 08 the president of CN, HATED anime, absolutely hated it. When Naruto was shown, ratings for toonami dropped. Ratings had been dropping for awhile (most likely because of the new TOM) So it wasnt ALL Narutos fault, but it was the final nail in the coffin. The president saw the lower ratings as a perfect excuse to pull the plug.

It can't really be a ripoff, since Adult Swim is technically still Cartoon Network.

I really think that it will end up being great. Coming back after such a long laps in time fan are sure to tune it. Ruroni Kenshin and //hack is actually what caught my eye in the first place and ultimately lead me in the direction of things such as MLP =] For that im greatful.

Did Toonami start off anyone else's animated film love?

Next to eating some amazing food at Burger King, and either playing on my PSP or DS, Toonami was one of my favorite things to do on a Saturday night for a good period of time in my childhood....

While I'm glad as ever that they brought the block back, I'm kinda wondering what it'll mean, now that it seems more on the Adult Swim side rather than the Cartoon Network side...will the shows have an older demographic, will it mostly be anime? The shows I remember watching on Toonami were few animes, like One Piece, Naruto, Bobobo...whatever that show was, and as usual, Pokémon. Other shows were just regular primetime shows like Teen Titans. They also showed a lot of good movies too...come to think of it, more anime has been shown on there than I just thought...

I'm guessing they've aways been anime-crazy, even in my time of watching it...but anyways, I still hope they bring the other shows back that were rather enjoyable to me. :) And, also, some more hope has been restored for me of the cartoon world.

(edited)

Glad to see that Toonami is back as well as the old TOM.

http://www.adultswim...nami/index.html

One thing that I was hoping for, but would probably never ever happen is if MLP went to Toonami Adult Swim does know we bronies exist and even had a bumper about it. But it being on Toonami is virtually impossible, still nice to wonder about.

It will be interesting to see how this will affect the ratings if they did manage to get MLP on Toonami. Speaking of this reminded me of these fanmade toonami intros for MLP that I just seen recently. =D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1m8Fz3vsc

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS6Sr3KgsDs

Edited by Typhoon Gunner