The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, Unequivocally Recherche said:

Not bad, not bad! :grin: I'm just in the home stretch with these exams now~! If everything goes according to plan, then I ought to be finished by tomorrow~!

How about yourself~?

Glad you're doing well and in the home stretch! :D

Me, I'm tired... all the tired.  One coffee with all the espresso shots, please.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

A friend of mine who was a regular at work died this morning in a car accident. Needless to say... I'm pretty blown away...

Oh God...I am very sorry for you...:(

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Glad you're doing well and in the home stretch! :D

Me, I'm tired... all the tired.  One coffee with all the espresso shots, please.

With pleasure~! :proud:

giphy.gif

Is there some particular reason that you're more worn out that usual~?

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

A friend of mine who was a regular at work died this morning in a car accident. Needless to say... I'm pretty blown away...

I'm very sorry to hear that. :(

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Good morning everypony.  How's it going?

Image result for mlp tired

*gasp* The lovable blue pone is here! :love: 

I'm doing pretty good! :squee: Nothing much going on in my day though, pretty bored out of my mind right now. :adorkable:

How about you? :catface:

9 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

My sincere condolences, I'm really sorry to hear that...

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Unequivocally Recherche said:

With pleasure~! :proud:

giphy.gif

Is there some particular reason that you're more worn out that usual~?

Aaah, sweet sweet coffee.. Thank you.

Mm, just been working a lot.  Now going on day ten of working straight in a row, with extended hours. 

Image result for mlp yawn gif

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Unequivocally Recherche said:

Oh, God... I'm terribly sorry to hear that... :sunny:

Well, I hope he lived a good life while it lasted...

1 minute ago, Rixton said:

Oh God...I am very sorry for you...:(

Thank you, it was difficult holding it in all day. He used to come by at work every other day, I'd see him at the commissary all the time and he was a really cheerful person. It's so messed up to think I'll never see him again, he was younger than me... He had only gotten married 2 years ago... He was the passenger and the driver survived the crash in really bad condition. The driver sadly was a friend of his and of mine too, and he likely will be going to prison over this because he had been drinking. The army doesn't really play around with this stuff and it's sad to think that another life will be ruined by this.

Please, to everyone reading this, I know we see it on TV a lot, but as a real person saying it instead of a TV ad, please do not drink and drive. Do not get into a car with someone who has been drinking either. It only takes a single second for a terrible tragedy to happen. In only a second they hit a semi-truck and they were dragged a good 200 yards. They were both still alive through it all and needed the jaws of life to get them out of the vehicle. My friend died in the hospital the next morning, and the driver has only just recently awoken from it not even remembering what happened, only for the first news he received to be that his friend died in the car because of him.

I'm going to miss him dearly, he was someone who deserved to continue his life, to see what the future held, gone from this world because of a stupid decision by a friend.

So please if someone is going to get into a car after drinking, stop them. Don't be afraid of them being mad at you, it could save their life.

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Aaah, sweet sweet coffee.. Thank you.

Mm, just been working a lot.  Now going on day ten of working straight in a row, with extended hours. 

Well, just look at it this way; your pay is increasing due to your increased shifts~! :D

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Totally Wannabrony said:

*gasp* The lovable blue pone is here! :love: 

I'm doing pretty good! :squee: Nothing much going on in my day though, pretty bored out of my mind right now. :adorkable:

How about you? :catface:

Loveable huh?  Guess I need to work on my street cred.

Image result for mlp trixie on twilight

Haha, I'm pretty worn out, but glad to hear you are doing well, even if a bit bored.

I have fabulous @Unequivocally Recherche coffee here to give me a boost.

Well, just look at it this way; your pay is increasing due to your increased shifts~! :D

I'm paid salary.  My pay doesn't increase or decrease depending on the amount of hours or type of work I do.

Image result for mlp crazy gif

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Thank you, it was difficult holding it in all day. He used to come by at work every other day, I'd see him at the commissary all the time and he was a really cheerful person. It's so messed up to think I'll never see him again, he was younger than me... He had only gotten married 2 years ago... He was the passenger and the driver survived the crash in really bad condition. The driver sadly was a friend of his and of mine too, and he likely will be going to prison over this because he had been drinking. The army doesn't really play around with this stuff and it's sad to think that another life will be ruined by this.

Please, to everyone reading this, I know we see it on TV a lot, but as a real person saying it instead of a TV ad, please do not drink and drive. Do not get into a car with someone who has been drinking either. It only takes a single second for a terrible tragedy to happen. In only a second they hit a semi-truck and they were dragged a good 200 yards. They were both still alive through it all and needed the jaws of life to get them out of the vehicle. My friend died in the hospital the next morning, and the driver has only just recently awoken from it not even remembering what happened, only for the first news he received to be that his friend died in the car because of him.

I'm going to miss him dearly, he was someone who deserved to continue his life, to see what the future held, gone from this world because of a stupid decision by a friend.

So please if someone is going to get into a car after drinking, stop them. Don't be afraid of them being mad at you, it could save their life.

... You know, you just reminded me of this one guy I knew who was caught DUI. I hate to say this, because it might sound insulting... but I'm incredibly glad that nothing happened to him, even though he was caught Driving Under the Influence. We're always told not to drive while drunk... and it's incredibly sad that some folks learn this lesson the hard way, or have loved ones who will mourn their loss.

This bring up the question, though: who was this guy I'm talking about?

Spoiler

... My older brother. I'm not going to disclose details (for obvious reasons), but I'll just say this; your story really put this into perspective for me. This could have killed my brother if just one bad thing happened... and that thought terrifies me.

As I said previously; I'm terribly sorry about your loss. I hope he lived a good life while he had one. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

As I said previously; I'm terribly sorry about your loss. I hope he lived a good life while he had one. :sunny:

Thank you, he was a great person. He made everyone laugh, he brought fun with him wherever he went. He will be deeply missed, he was someone that you could count on.

God, I hate driving in traffic. I took twice as long to get home since some accident happened. :scoots:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Another warm day at work but it’s slmost over. How are you this morning?

I have fabulous coffee and chatting with some great ponies.  Working out to be a great morning. :yay:

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

What? Omg, that’s horrible. I’m sorry to hear that. :(

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

You know, where I work, it's a thing that the operators drive drunk, we have random test when entering, and lots of them get blocked, but even, higher persons get caught too sometimes...It makes me very sad. In the old times my Father told me when I was a new driver, the arrival is most important in one peace.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Loveable huh?  Guess I need to work on my street cred.

Image result for mlp trixie on twilight

Haha, I'm pretty worn out, but glad to hear you are doing well, even if a bit bored.

I have fabulous @Unequivocally Recherche coffee here to give me a boost.

Well, what do you want it to be? ^_^ Whatever that name is, it still wouldn't change the fact that you are! :catface:

Coffee usually makes me even more tired, it's just that it makes me tired but I'm unable to sleep. It's horrible. :sealed: The taste is good though! :P 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Exactly TheTaZe said:

Why do you say that? :grin:

I direct your attention above.  Someone else in the Lounge was recently affected by a traffic accident. :(

3 minutes ago, Totally Wannabrony said:

Well, what do you want it to be? ^_^ Whatever that name is, it still wouldn't change the fact that you are! :catface:

Coffee usually makes me even more tired, it's just that it makes me tired but I'm unable to sleep. It's horrible. :sealed: The taste is good though! :P 

I'm fine with lovable.  I was just playing.

Keep in mind, I'm old.  Coffee is life juice. :nom:

Treasure your youth mine friend. :orly:

Image result for mlp milkshake gif

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Thank you, he was a great person. He made everyone laugh, he brought fun with him wherever he went. He will be deeply missed, he was someone that you could count on.

Years ago, I lost a friend that I had known since I was 6 years old to a drunk driver. After my mom told me about it, I threw my phone against the wall and broke it. Thankfully I had friends there to help me through it.