Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

12 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Unless you're talking about an oddly specific context, the 4th dimension is anything that requires a 4th parameter (height, mass, temperature, number of times you crashed your car).

Usually without context the "fourth dimension" is the time dimension of space/time.

It has been suggested also that, if the universe is closed (so that there will be a "big crunch") the universe will be a sphere in all four dimensions - hence, there would not BE a "before the big bang" only "outside the universe"....

12 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I also finished the Glimmy thing:

Glimmy things best things :)

9 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Glimmy things best things :)

It's also worth noting that Glimmy's playing with blocks the same way she did in that one other episode.

This also implies the existence of Panic at the Disco (or some parody of it) and Trixie's a fan of said band.

(The bugs are on my mind again...)

46 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

It's also worth noting that Glimmy's playing with blocks the same way she did in that one other episode.

Yup. noticed that.

This also implies the existence of Panic at the Disco (or some parody of it) and Trixie's a fan of said band.

Or some variant of it; lacks a pony pun though :)

(The bugs are on my mind again...)

When are they not? :)

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

you are concentrating on battifying instead of bugifying for a while?

I've never drawn a bat pony before and I drew Sandbar as a bat... Hold on, lemme get a good pic of Sandbat...

3 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Depends on how many batifications I can pull off before I get bored, but perhaps.

capture_sandbat.thumb.PNG.378f1ead164de5954f9f2c63a1768f22.PNG

For some reason I am reminded of the Ninja Turtles.

I just realised there's a whole slew of alignment errors in my recent Trixie-Twi-Glimmy-Gannie-Gemmy-Nova comic. (Did I ever mention it was actually two comics that's bound together as one?)

Spoiler

mlpfim_anxiety_attack_at_the_auditorium_combined.thumb.png.43020ecd9ae34c2e5d73495aba9f94b5.png

For example:

• Twi's tail is in front of Trixie when it should be behind Trixie
  • The power outlet on Gem's side of the room has one of the plug's receptacles reversed for all but the first panel
  • Twi's mane in the last panel isn't aligned properly

Not errors but something worth mentioning:

Spoiler
  • You can tell these doctors are competent by how sloppy their writing is.
  • Starlight's heartrate is telling her to go home.
  • The heart monitor is using unsigned 16-bit integers to count off heartrate, but also measures in increments of 1/100.
  • Gem's heart monitor is graphing y=1/x; it's also using floating-point numbers instead.
  • Gem's heart monitor isn't plugged in properly, yet it's still powered. This implies an electrical hazard in the wall.
  • Nova has never seen differential calculus before.
  • The previous patient (or possibly Glimmy herself) set a previous heartrate record of 397. Glimmy managed to beat it in the 4th panel, even though her score may be higher than that.
  • The panel behind and above the beds bears the secret symbol I've been hiding in nearly every picture I've ever made since 2016.
  • This it the first image to use art style version 5 because I forgot the previous version number I had.

Should I go back and fix them or leave it as is a mild infuriation for those who dare to read it?

19 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Let's remember, friends, that exactly one year ago @TempestShadow - great friend and creator of that thread for the last time was among us here.

Lets love and appreciate our friends - they leave as so fast.:twi:

commander_tempest_by_dsana_dbw30oy-fullview.thumb.jpg.b64e9df9e91c1426bdf7bb562bddb3c4.jpg

An all-too-familiar feeling, to be honest. Lost too many friends that way since 2011. Can I get a hug...?

• Brohoof 1

Am on mobile at the moment, thus mine capabilities are quite limited, in the  earnest...

Last year, this day exactly we lost a friend... and it still hurteth. I shan't say much... I say thank thee, Tempest, for the friendship, for the music, for mental support thou provided (a few ponies hither know what I'm neighing about), despite being a loner at heart (I know that well). Thank thee for being with us.

Everypony let's recall the creator of this Club @TempestShadow, who left us March 2nd, 2018.

I extend mine hope thou hast reached Equestria!

761025.png.19194c0fb8630ae49ba7f93a7933f82e.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Alexshy said:

Am on mobile at the moment, thus mine capabilities are quite limited, in the  earnest...

Last year, this day exactly we lost a friend... and it still hurteth. I shan't say much... I say thank thee, Tempest, for the friendship, for the music, for mental support thou provided (a few ponies hither know what I'm neighing about), despite being a loner at heart (I know that well). Thank thee for being with us.

Everypony let's recall the creator of this Club @TempestShadow, who left us March 2nd, 2018.

I extend mine hope thou hast reached Equestria!

761025.png.19194c0fb8630ae49ba7f93a7933f82e.png

i'll always miss him :(

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't believe it's been one year since we lost Tempest, our lovely friend.

He was such a great friend and really someone who means a lot to not only me but everyone here.

@TempestShadow I hope you're resting well and you'll always be my brother-in-hooves.

Image result for tempest shadow

Image result for tempest shadow

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 4

Rest in peace, good friend. For what you have created has lasted so long after you have left us.

It's astonishing that it has already been one whole year since his final log-in. It is a shame that time never compensates for grief... but I suppose that is the natural flow of life. Either way, though I was never granted the opportunity to become acquainted with him, I am still very grateful for what he has provided me and many others so far. Had he not created this thread, I likely wouldn't have encountered many other splendid users on this Forum... and I can't imagine how radically different my experience may have been without them.

Rest In Peace, @TempestShadow. You certainly deserve it.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, The Recherche said:

It's astonishing that it has already been one whole year since his final log-in. It is a shame that time never compensates for grief... but I suppose that is the natural flow of life. Either way, though I was never granted the opportunity to become acquainted with him, I am still very grateful for what he has provided me and many others so far. Had he not created this thread, I likely wouldn't have encountered many other splendid users on this Forum... and I can't imagine how radically different my experience may have been without them.

Rest In Peace, @TempestShadow. You certainly deserve it.

*boops the wordsmith pone*

They were never an outgoing pony - almost nopony here knew much about them, so when they went missing, it was very hard for us to find out what had happened - but I guess we all felt we had many years to get to know them better, and that was taken from us just like @TempestShadow was.

Perhaps a lesson there for us all - the future is not promised to us, so if an opportunity is given to reach out a hoof to a fellow pony, take it - because there is no guarantee it will ever come again.

Let us wish our broken-horned friend found their Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Rixton said:

I did not know  @TempestShadow, nor the the circumstances of his vanish, but he left a wonderful place behind him, I hope he just moved on from this site, nothing worse happened.

Sadly, and as I understand it, during the winter storms this time last year, they went out into the dark to try and rescue some escaped animals - and didn't make it back :(

Their final post here may give some context?

Edited by CypherHoof
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Sadly, and as I understand it, during the winter storms this time last year, they went out into the dark to try and rescue some escaped animals - and didn't make it back :(

Their final post here may give some context?

I am very sorry to hear that. That storm seemed cruel...I did not know him, but it makes me very sad...

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rixton said:

I am very sorry to hear that. That storm seemed cruel...I did not know him, but it makes me very sad...

Not many of us did. The WPCC was one of the ways they were reaching out to try and make more connections, but... .*sigh*

*sends extra hugs to @Alexshy*

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I've changed my avatar and cover photo to Tempest Shadow as a tribute to our beloved friend.

That seems fitting. I have reset mine to the one I generated this time last year, for this reason :(

• Brohoof 2