The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

(While the Fluttershy figure is "mine" and opened - and watching me type - I do have one of each available figure from that range on hand; sadly, there is no rarity or AJ, so only four packages)

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, CoffeeHoof said:

A quick google finds that this is a "Frappuccino Blended Crème" in Starbucks-speak. Apparently a "Frappé" is what new englanders call a milkshake, a Frappuccino is a Starbucks copyrighted name for an iced mocha, and a Frappuccino Blended Crème is the same, but without the coffee (so indistinguishable from the original Frappé, other than using the copyrighted name in an inappropriate manner)

Hold up... Frappucchino is a copyrighted name? Well, you learn something new every day! :blink:

@Alexshy I'm doing alright so far. :grin: Nothing amazing has happened today, but I don't suppose there needs to! :fluttershy: How about you? Are you doing well?

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Alexshy said:

Poof! *teleports to the lounge and drops into her favourite armchair*

I'm so tired today, I can't trot or fly without some rest - the whole day spent on mine hooves and behind the wheel *rolls eyes dramatically*

*boops and hugs @Fluttershy Friend @CoffeeHoof @Wannabrony @Recherche* Good evening, mine friends! How was your day?

Uncomfortably hot right now - apparently this heatwave should break over the weekend though.

1 minute ago, Recherche said:

Hold up... Frappucchino is a copyrighted name? Well, you learn something new every day! :blink:

Apparently, yes - according to wikipedia, it was trademarked by a different coffee chain, that were later bought out by Starbucks who therefore gained the rights to the name.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, CoffeeHoof said:

Apparently, yes - according to wikipedia, it was trademarked by a different coffee chain, that were later bought out by Starbucks who therefore gained the rights to the name.

I guess it's kinda like Band-Aids or Q-Tips in that regard; we just associate the names too much with what they are (adhesive bandages and cotton swabs). :please:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Recherche said:

I guess it's kinda like Band-Aids or Q-Tips in that regard; we just associate the names too much with what they are (adhesive bandages and cotton swabs). :please:

Yes - it's one of the things IP lawyers dread (called Genericization) - which is why Google insist you don't "google" for things you "search on Google" for them.

That said, as far as I know only Starbucks call it that, and they are quite aggressive about defending their trademark...

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, CoffeeHoof said:

Uncomfortably hot right now - apparently this heatwave should break over the weekend though.

Oh, can we exchange, mine lief? :orly: I'm almost freezing hither, today was a zilch warmer, but still quite windy and uncomfortable on the open planes. Yesterday it was arrant gray and rainy... Tomorrow *shrugs* who knoweth?

9 minutes ago, Recherche said:

@Alexshy I'm doing alright so far. :grin: Nothing amazing has happened today, but I don't suppose there needs to! :fluttershy: How about you? Are you doing well?

No news is good news *chuckles* I'm okay, mine friend... A zilch aching in the back an legs as the whole day was trotting and driving, but I shall cope with that. Planning to address the book editing soon anyway.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

Oh, can we exchange, mine lief? :orly: I'm almost freezing hither, today was a zilch warmer, but still quite windy and uncomfortable on the open planes. Yesterday it was arrant gray and rainy... Tomorrow *shrugs* who knoweth?

Gladly ,my princess - in truth, I like it cold, as do obviously the computers I own :)

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Alexshy said:

No news is good news *chuckles* I'm okay, mine friend... A zilch aching in the back an legs as the whole day was trotting and driving, but I shall cope with that. Planning to address the book editing soon anyway.

Oh, but what if I had just found the love of my life? :umad:

Jokes aside, I hope you feel better soon, Alex. Take it easy for now. :fluttershy: Good luck with you editing!

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

Poof! *teleports to the lounge and drops into her favourite armchair*

I'm so tired today, I can't trot or fly without some rest - the whole day spent on mine hooves and behind the wheel *rolls eyes dramatically*

*boops and hugs @Fluttershy Friend @CoffeeHoof @Wannabrony @Recherche* Good evening, mine friends! How was your day?

*boops @Alexshy twice and hugs tight* Greetings friend. Fortunately this day is going to the end for me and  I guess;) that fortunatelly for you too my friend.I was busy again at work. At last I'm tired but free.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CoffeeHoof said:

Gladly ,my princess - in truth, I like it cold, as do obviously the computers I own :)

*giggles* That's the eternal dilemma: to balance between keeping mine (anypony's) computers cool and at the same time mine (anypony's) flanks warm :orly: Thou knowest, lief, princesses' flanks are quite delicate and require gentle approach mischief.png.298add6e4c729e7bf8217c985cd58097.png

Oh, but what if I had just found the love of my life? :umad:

In that case thou shouldn't mayhap call 't "nothing important" *smirks*

Jokes aside, I hope you feel better soon, Alex. Take it easy for now. :fluttershy: Good luck with you editing!

Thanks, lief! I shall try to squeeze some rest in between editing an other royal activities.

4 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

*boops @Alexshy twice and hugs tight* Greetings friend. Fortunately this day is going to the end for me and  I guess;) that fortunatelly for you too my friend.I was busy again. At last I'm free.

*hugs and nuzzles* That's fabulous, daaarling! *giggles*

2 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Ah, but alas, I don't date equines! :derp:

Apparently other Bronies count too - although you could be dating a non-brony I guess - would that count as special somecreature?

(the somepony name is somewhat odd; the show has been referring to mixed groups (and even the mane group when spike is present) using -pony phrases since S1, but Twi made a point of not doing that in S8, so ...?)

*giggles* That's the eternal dilemma: to balance between keeping mine (anypony's) computers cool and at the same time mine (anypony's) flanks warm :orly: Thou knowest, lief, princesses' flanks are quite delicate and require gentle approach mischief.png.298add6e4c729e7bf8217c985cd58097.png

Ah well, I have found in those circumstances (although in the past, given my current situation) that my body warmth has caused my Special Somepony to be even more inclined to cuddling in colder weather, which is not a bad thing. So clearly it is the role of your Special Somepony to ensure your flanks are appropriately warmed :)

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeHoof said:

Apparently other Bronies count too - although you could be dating a non-brony I guess - would that count as special somecreature?

(the somepony name is somewhat odd; the show has been referring to mixed groups (and even the mane group when spike is present) using -pony phrases since S1, but Twi made a point of not doing that in S8, so ...?)

Actually I find "...-creature" parts cringeworthy at best and prefer the old variant, but that's arrant mine perception. Opinions tend to differ, simply like our views on Chrissy hmmm.png.880b1e5bb027230feffe43052977d482.png

4 minutes ago, CoffeeHoof said:

Ah well, I have found in those circumstances (although in the past, given my current situation) that my body warmth has caused my Special Somepony to be even more inclined to cuddling in colder weather, which is not a bad thing. So clearly it is the role of your Special Somepony to ensure your flanks are appropriately warmed :)

The problem is - she is at work at the moment, so the warming solution is postPONEd (lame joke, I know) till late evening :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Alexshy said:

Actually I find "...-creature" parts cringeworthy at best and prefer the old variant, but that's arrant mine perception. Opinions tend to differ, simply like our views on Chrissy hmmm.png.880b1e5bb027230feffe43052977d482.png

Eh, I would still say "somebody." I mean, they're all someone, and they all have bodies! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I had gotten used to it; When I first joined the forum I usually used -one constructions instead of -pone constructions when mixed groups were discussed, but I have pretty much abandoned that now (and more frequently manage to stick to gender-neutral pronouns, too :D )

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, CoffeeHoof said:

I had gotten used to it; When I first joined the forum I usually used -one constructions instead of -pone constructions when mixed groups were discussed, but I have pretty much abandoned that now (and more frequently manage to stick to gender-neutral pronouns, too :D )

Tis quite useful (let alone simply cute) for mine book - all the stumbling of mine mane character while using ponysms and cringing, at which hour they are applied to him... which gets less and less pronounced with time, as he inevitably and unnoticeably becometh one of them, not one among them *sly alicorn smile*

2 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

BTW. There is almost 20 degrees here. No wind. Just early Summer!:P Here is betterB)^_^

White Envy galore, get away from mine soul *jealous horsie sounds* :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Alexshy said:

Tis quite useful (let alone simply cute) for mine book - all the stumbling of mine mane character while using ponysms and cringing, at which hour they are applied to him... which gets less and less pronounced with time, as he inevitably and unnoticeably becometh one of them, not one among them *sly alicorn smile*

I think the same is true of MLPF though; one cannot help but become more assimilated into the culture from mere presence :)

4 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

BTW. There is almost 20 degrees here. No wind. Just early Summer!:P Here is betterB)^_^

31°C here - and that isn't comfortable :(

• Brohoof 1

I think the same is true of MLPF though; one cannot help but become more assimilated into the culture from mere presence :)

Most definitely, mine lief! *nodnods*

31°C here - and that isn't comfortable :(

Send it hither, pwease... puppyeyes.png.72d9dadfb5e04be4127356913c54b927.png

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Fluttershy Friend said:

You are inside the oven or what? :sealed:

It would seem so - even with all windows open. But part of the issue stems from being in an upstairs flat, so some of this heat is rising from flats below....  I may go find someplace cooler, although the coffee shop I like will be closing before I can get there at this time of day...

• Brohoof 2

Send it hither, pwease... puppyeyes.png.72d9dadfb5e04be4127356913c54b927.png

My thoughts exactly! ^_^

Although the past few days have been warmer. So that’s good. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, CoffeeHoof said:

It would seem so - even with all windows open. But part of the issue stems from being in an upstairs flat, so some of this heat is rising from flats below....  I may go find someplace cooler, although the coffee shop I like will be closing before I can get there at this time of day...

I feel for thee *flaps her wings to cool down @CoffeeHoof a zilch* Is 't better, mine lief?

*boops @Captain Clark* Greetings! yaaay.png.8473b4332247d31a72c33c63d2054a6c.png

• Brohoof 1