Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Daybreaker will ever make a return?

CaptainJinx99

4 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Wait, which luna automatically knew who Daybreaker was?  Nightmare moon or the real Luna?

Because if Nightmare Moon, then well she was a dream anyways so she's allowed to know things regardless of rather the real Luna would know or not.

If the real Luna... well, for starters it is possible that maybe Luna had seen her in nightmares before.  Not to mention to 'support' the 'lazy writing' Most of the time, when a character is introduced, typically they don't like to retell who a character is, or even a situation.  They tend to skip these things and just 'pretentds' the character heard the name.  So in a way, she 'knew her name' because the writers didn't want to have to reintroduce her.

Yeah that's basically what I meant. To me it makes no sense that Daybreaker would need to introduce herself to Celestia if she had existed prior to that point in time.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Yeah that's basically what I meant. To me it makes no sense that Daybreaker would need to introduce herself to Celestia if she had existed prior to that point in time.

Honestly, this could be a few things... but that does make the most logical sense.  After all, Daybreaker wouldn't need to introduce herself if Celestia knew who she was... Not to mention all the times she went out of her way to pretty much say "You'll become me sooner or later"  All of her talk to Celestia was that she either 'will' or 'should' become her.  And no where in her talk did she use any context that meant she should become her 'again'.

With that being said there's 2 other arguments to be made...

1) She introduced herself as more for the audience (those watching the show) than the people she's talking too in the show... which I've seen done in other shows..

2) This Daybreaker is again... a dream.  more specifically from Starlight's dream.   So she'll most likely only have the 'knowledge' that Starlight herself has.  So if Starlight doesn't know Daybreaker didn't exist before now (not to mention Daybreaker would be more from the imagination of Starlight anyways as again it's her dream), then Daybreaker wouldn't know that Celestria had become Daybreaker in the past.

Now with the Daybreaker being what Starlight imagines an 'evil' Celestria is... then 1 of two things could be going on with Daybreaker trying to get Celetria to 'succumb to becoming Daybreaker'.  1) Simply put the personality that Starlight gave Daybreaker simply has her wanting to do just that... or 2) Once Celetria entered Starlight's dream... (and due to her inexperience) parts of the dream began to mold away from just Starlight's 'imagination' to also that of Celestria.   As in, when entered the dream, due to her inexperience it became part of her dream too.  Thus, Daybreaker began to take up traits from Celestria's imagination.  Which may also explain why Daybreaker tries to talk Celestria into becoming her.. because it's possible that Celestria herself has a fear somewhere inside of her of eventually becoming Daybreaker.

Edited by JCKane

8 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Honestly, this could be a few things... but that does make the most logical sense.  After all, Daybreaker wouldn't need to introduce herself if Celestia knew who she was... Not to mention all the times she went out of her way to pretty much say "You'll become me sooner or later"  All of her talk to Celestia was that she either 'will' or 'should' become her.  And no where in her talk did she use any context that meant she should become her 'again'.

With that being said there's 2 other arguments to be made...

1) She introduced herself as more for the audience (those watching the show) than the people she's talking too in the show... which I've seen done in other shows..

2) This Daybreaker is again... a dream.  more specifically from Starlight's dream.   So she'll most likely only have the 'knowledge' that Starlight herself has.  So if Starlight doesn't know Daybreaker didn't exist before now (not to mention Daybreaker would be more from the imagination of Starlight anyways as again it's her dream).

Now you with the Daybreaker being what Starlight imagines an 'evil' Celestria is... then 1 of two things could be going on with Daybreaker trying to get Celetria to 'succumb to becoming Daybreaker'.  1) Simply put the personality that Starlight gave Daybreaker simply has her wanting to do just that... or 2) Once Celetria entered Starlight's dream... (and due to her inexperience) parts of the dream began to mold away from just Starlight's 'imagination' to also that of Celestria.   As in, when entered the dream, due to her inexperience it became part of her dream too.  Thus, Daybreaker began to take up traits from Celestria's imagination.  Which may also explain why Daybreaker tries to talk Celestria into becoming her.. because it's possible that Celestria herself has a fear somewhere inside of her of eventually becoming Daybreaker.

You are correct. Daybreaker is just a dream, an imagination of what Celestia could be if she turned into something akin to Nightmare Moon. Whether or not she spawned from Starlight's fears, Celestia's fears or a combination of both is unknown.

As for the introduction thing, I could see that happening but then I would have expected Celestia to react more like: "You!"

1 minute ago, Tenebrae said:

You are correct. Daybreaker is just a dream, an imagination of what Celestia could be if she turned into something akin to Nightmare Moon. Whether or not she spawned from Starlight's fears, Celestia's fears or a combination of both is unknown.

As for the introduction thing, I could see that happening but then I would have expected Celestia to react more like: "You!"

Right.  So really, I don't think that Celestia had ever become Daybreaker in the past.  But more so that it could be one of her underlining fears.  But... not nessiarily Daybreaker… but that she may go 'overboard' with power.

Because, it is possible that Celestria has a problem with wanting to use/acquire magic... I think the term is a 'power complex'... I forget.  But in a sense, it's possible that she has a tendency to want to get more powerful or obtain stronger magic so she can get stronger as this is how she believes she needs to do in order to protect those she cares about (rather her relatives, friends, and subjects).  She could vary well be worried that she might go overboard with this... and it's possible she's had to deal with that on occasaion and even had a scare herself where she nearly did go overboard.

personally, I think this is really true and something she does struggle with... or at least did struggle with it and now she's still got that underlining fear of going too far.  She's even had a few times where I think she's shown she might believe that 'more power' equals 'safer'.   First with her using the elements of Harmony against Discord... Notice how Luna was being a bit of a 'voice of reason' to Celestria as she wasn't sure if it was a good idea, while Celestria was for it.

Then again, when Celestria wanted to reform Discord... Notice she said "I believe his magic can be a force for good"  Which almost implies she wanted to reform Discord for his abilities than because she wanted to see him changed.  Granted, she did become friends with him (as indicated in a few episodes) but it wasn't her original intentions.

This could also explain why she left the elements of Harmony with the Mane 6... or saying 'she couldn't use them' it may have been a lie or scape goat because she didn't trust herself with using them again.

This is all surcumstancial and we don't know too much about Celestria's past anyways... so this could be something and could eventually lead to a 'Daybreaker' coming into a future episode... where she'll believe she needs to 'get stronger' in order to save her people or what not.

Oh, and yes you see her sacrificing herself and having others do the battles for her.. but this could vary well be the fact that she already had a 'power overload' scare and has 'learned her lesson'.  Doesn't mean the fear is still there though.

5 minutes ago, JCKane said:

Right.  So really, I don't think that Celestia had ever become Daybreaker in the past.  But more so that it could be one of her underlining fears.  But... not nessiarily Daybreaker… but that she may go 'overboard' with power.

Because, it is possible that Celestria has a problem with wanting to use/acquire magic... I think the term is a 'power complex'... I forget.  But in a sense, it's possible that she has a tendency to want to get more powerful or obtain stronger magic so she can get stronger as this is how she believes she needs to do in order to protect those she cares about (rather her relatives, friends, and subjects).  She could vary well be worried that she might go overboard with this... and it's possible she's had to deal with that on occasaion and even had a scare herself where she nearly did go overboard.

personally, I think this is really true and something she does struggle with... or at least did struggle with it and now she's still got that underlining fear of going too far.  She's even had a few times where I think she's shown she might believe that 'more power' equals 'safer'.   First with her using the elements of Harmony against Discord... Notice how Luna was being a bit of a 'voice of reason' to Celestria as she wasn't sure if it was a good idea, while Celestria was for it.

Then again, when Celestria wanted to reform Discord... Notice she said "I believe his magic can be a force for good"  Which almost implies she wanted to reform Discord for his abilities than because she wanted to see him changed.  Granted, she did become friends with him (as indicated in a few episodes) but it wasn't her original intentions.

This could also explain why she left the elements of Harmony with the Mane 6... or saying 'she couldn't use them' it may have been a lie or scape goat because she didn't trust herself with using them again.

This is all surcumstancial and we don't know too much about Celestria's past anyways... so this could be something and could eventually lead to a 'Daybreaker' coming into a future episode... where she'll believe she needs to 'get stronger' in order to save her people or what not.

Oh, and yes you see her sacrificing herself and having others do the battles for her.. but this could vary well be the fact that she already had a 'power overload' scare and has 'learned her lesson'.  Doesn't mean the fear is still there though.

Hmmm... interesting theory, although as you have said it is very circumstantial.

However this did remind me of Midnight Sparkle's hunger for magic.

4 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Hmmm... interesting theory, although as you have said it is very circumstantial.

However this did remind me of Midnight Sparkle's hunger for magic.

well, it's a bit different tbh.  With what I'm saying with the possible Celestia's past.  She wanted power to help defend the people she cared about.

Midnight Sparkle's quest for power was more a 'learning' type thing.  She had a thrist for knowledge and that thirst ingulfed her when she found out about this new power that she didn't understand.

18 minutes ago, JCKane said:

well, it's a bit different tbh.  With what I'm saying with the possible Celestia's past.  She wanted power to help defend the people she cared about.

Midnight Sparkle's quest for power was more a 'learning' type thing.  She had a thrist for knowledge and that thirst ingulfed her when she found out about this new power that she didn't understand.

Eh, I don't think we'll ever know much about Celestia's past. That said I don't see Celestia as being someone who wishes to acquire as much power as possible. Especially with her getting her ass kicked every season or so and seemingly okay with it XD.

As for Midnight, I agree that its more of a learning thing yet the end result is still the same, actually she is far more voracious.

1 minute ago, Tenebrae said:

Eh, I don't think we'll ever know much about Celestia's past. That said I don't see Celestia as being someone who wishes to acquire as much power as possible. Especially with her getting her ass kicked every season or so and seemingly okay with it XD.

Yeah, but, as in my theory, I believe that Celestia has already expierenced her 'wake up' call before the start of the series (I believe it probably happened before she even found out about Twilight's abilities).  So she's more ok/lax with it because she's already learned her lesson.  This doesn't mean she's become Daybreaker before, but simply means she came close and got a wake up call.

Plus, it's not always just 'Acquire as much power as possible' but more that she will seek out more power when she believes she needs it, even if there's a better way.

Like with the banishment of Nightmare Moon... It is possible she could of tried to reason with her or figured out how to 'reform her' using the elements of Harmony... but in her mind, she only saw one solution... using powerful magic to 'contain'/seal away her sister... as what she did was a 'show of strength' in a sense... Using power to get the end results...

Could of also been the 'wake up' call as she could of realized later that she was wrong to banish Midnight Moon, and there was another way... so she, herself, may have set up the things in motion to how Midnight Moon escaped, and the 'waiting' was more because maybe she had to wait for the stars to align or something *shrug*.

Would also explain why she 'disappeared' and had Twilight and her friends save Luna... because Celestria might of been scared she would mess up again... or realized she couldn't get the job done or something. *shrug*  But again, just in theory.

1 minute ago, JCKane said:

Yeah, but, as in my theory, I believe that Celestia has already expierenced her 'wake up' call before the start of the series (I believe it probably happened before she even found out about Twilight's abilities).  So she's more ok/lax with it because she's already learned her lesson.  This doesn't mean she's become Daybreaker before, but simply means she came close and got a wake up call.

Plus, it's not always just 'Acquire as much power as possible' but more that she will seek out more power when she believes she needs it, even if there's a better way.

Like with the banishment of Nightmare Moon... It is possible she could of tried to reason with her or figured out how to 'reform her' using the elements of Harmony... but in her mind, she only saw one solution... using powerful magic to 'contain'/seal away her sister... as what she did was a 'show of strength' in a sense... Using power to get the end results...

Could of also been the 'wake up' call as she could of realized later that she was wrong to banish Midnight Moon, and there was another way... so she, herself, may have set up the things in motion to how Midnight Moon escaped, and the 'waiting' was more because maybe she had to wait for the stars to align or something *shrug*.

Would also explain why she 'disappeared' and had Twilight and her friends save Luna... because Celestria might of been scared she would mess up again... or realized she couldn't get the job done or something. *shrug*  But again, just in theory.

Its nice to see you put so much thought into this theory. I'll admit its one I have never heard of until now. However just like any theory about Celestia's past I have a feeling it will forever remain but a theory.

However I don't believe Celestia set up NM's escape as she have no control of the stars and we don't know from where the prophesy originated from. It may have been from Celestia, from a Seer or from the Elements themselves. No one will ever know.

As for her 'disappearance' that is one of the big mysteries of MLP. Perhaps she was defeated by NM and sealed away. This makes sense as NM would have gone straight for Celestia as she was a primary threat. It would be odd if NM struts around like the owns the place and takes her time if she knew Celestia was still at large. The seal would have then being undone when she was blasted by the Elements, though that doesn't explain how Celestia arrived so quickly. So perhaps she was hiding under her bed.

4 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Its nice to see you put so much thought into this theory. I'll admit its one I have never heard of until now. However just like any theory about Celestia's past I have a feeling it will forever remain but a theory.

However I don't believe Celestia set up NM's escape as she have no control of the stars and we don't know from where the prophesy originated from. It may have been from Celestia, from a Seer or from the Elements themselves. No one will ever know.

As for her 'disappearance' that is one of the big mysteries of MLP. Perhaps she was defeated by NM and sealed away. This makes sense as NM would have gone straight for Celestia as she was a primary threat. It would be odd if NM struts around like the owns the place and takes her time if she knew Celestia was still at large. The seal would have then being undone when she was blasted by the Elements, though that doesn't explain how Celestia arrived so quickly. So perhaps she was hiding under her bed.

It could of easily been a spell, not nessiarily she'd have to have the ability to control the stars... Plus, the 'sun' is a star and it is possible for others to do Celestria's job for her just it drains them... and Celestia can even move the moon herself.  it'd also explain why it took 1000 years as the stars could of had to be aligned just right.  But again just a theory :P

As her disappearance... I doubt she banshed her to the moon anyways... as we got multiple shots of the moon during that time and we seen what the moon would look like with celetria sealed inside.

Personally, I believe Celestia was just watching Twlight and her friends from afar.  And Nightmare Moon didn't go straight for Celestia… well for 2 possible reasons.. I mean she DID go to their old castle... so she may not have known "Her princess was in another castle" ( :D )   Then it's also possible that she believed she needed to get the Elements of Harmony in order to prevent her sister from defeating/banishing her again.. Thus she went after them first.

It could of easily been a spell, not nessiarily she'd have to have the ability to control the stars... Plus, the 'sun' is a star and it is possible for others to do Celestria's job for her just it drains them... and Celestia can even move the moon herself.  it'd also explain why it took 1000 years as the stars could of had to be aligned just right.  But again just a theory :P

As her disappearance... I doubt she banshed her to the moon anyways... as we got multiple shots of the moon during that time and we seen what the moon would look like with celetria sealed inside.

Personally, I believe Celestia was just watching Twlight and her friends from afar.  And Nightmare Moon didn't go straight for Celestia… well for 2 possible reasons.. I mean she DID go to their old castle... so she may not have known "Her princess was in another castle" ( :D )   Then it's also possible that she believed she needed to get the Elements of Harmony in order to prevent her sister from defeating/banishing her again.. Thus she went after them first.

The Sun and Moon in MLP don't seem to be necessarily the same thing as in our world; the rules in Equestria seem very fantastical. For one we know that Day and Night can occur at the same time. We also know that the Sun can be out during the night. Finally it seems that the Sun is unnecessary for life to flourish. In MLP I think Stars and the Sun are very different things, besides the prophesy goes that the Stars themselves will help NM escape.

Celestia wouldn't need to be banished to the moon, though we do know that NM is capable of doing so.

If NM was looking for the Elements then why did she make a grandiose appearance in front of Ponies where Celestia was supposed to show up. And then why did waste her time following Twilight and Co. when she could have just gone straight to the Castle. NM's actions make very little sense when one thinks about it.

2 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

The Sun and Moon in MLP don't seem to be necessarily the same thing as in our world; the rules in Equestria seem very fantastical. For one we know that Day and Night can occur at the same time. We also know that the Sun can be out during the night. Finally it seems that the Sun is unnecessary for life to flourish. In MLP I think Stars and the Sun are very different things, besides the prophesy goes that the Stars themselves will help NM escape.

Yeah, when it comes to how exactly the sun and moon work... it can get pretty confusing.

Celestia wouldn't need to be banished to the moon, though we do know that NM is capable of doing so.

Assuming Nightmare Moon didn't use the elements of harmony to Banish Celestia to the moon in the 

If NM was looking for the Elements then why did she make a grandiose appearance in front of Ponies where Celestia was supposed to show up. And then why did waste her time following Twilight and Co. when she could have just gone straight to the Castle. NM's actions make very little sense when one thinks about it.

But what cartoon villain doesn't like to make a grand entrance and give off her list of demands!

As for why she didn't go straight for the castle... that's assuming she didn't and she needed more time to find the element of Magic and she noticed a group of ponies heading her way.  Also, it's possible she realized they could harnesh the elements... but it is true... doesn't explain why she bothered them persay.

Yeah, when it comes to how exactly the sun and moon work... it can get pretty confusing.

Assuming Nightmare Moon didn't use the elements of harmony to Banish Celestia to the moon in the 

But what cartoon villain doesn't like to make a grand entrance and give off her list of demands!

As for why she didn't go straight for the castle... that's assuming she didn't and she needed more time to find the element of Magic and she noticed a group of ponies heading her way.  Also, it's possible she realized they could harnesh the elements... but it is true... doesn't explain why she bothered them persay.

I think it would be very strange if the Elements of Harmony could be used by a villain for nefarious purposes. Kinda defeats the whole point of it, what with their origin and all.

Ah yes, I forgot that all the best villains had to graduate with A+ of their "grand entrance" exam :P

NM didn't need the element of Magic, she just wanted to smash the elements which she did and she thought she won. So as far as we can tell that was her whole plan. Wasting her time harassing random ponies seems kinda counter productive, but hey maybe she also graduated A+ on the "idiot ball" exam XD.  

I think it would be very strange if the Elements of Harmony could be used by a villain for nefarious purposes. Kinda defeats the whole point of it, what with their origin and all.

Actually that's not true.  In EG1 sunset used the element of Magic to her own evil plans.  Rather you want to ignore the series/movies or not, it still happened.

NM didn't need the element of Magic, she just wanted to smash the elements which she did and she thought she won. So as far as we can tell that was her whole plan. Wasting her time harassing random ponies seems kinda counter productive, but hey maybe she also graduated A+ on the "idiot ball" exam XD.  

I guess that's true.. but doesn't mean she didn't think these Ponies could wield them... But I mean she could of been 'having fun' with them or something like that.  Or maybe she wasn't up to full strength yet and needed to fine another way to keep these ponies away from the elements.

Actually that's not true.  In EG1 sunset used the element of Magic to her own evil plans.  Rather you want to ignore the series/movies or not, it still happened.

I guess that's true.. but doesn't mean she didn't think these Ponies could wield them... But I mean she could of been 'having fun' with them or something like that.  Or maybe she wasn't up to full strength yet and needed to fine another way to keep these ponies away from the elements.

Sunset also later comments that Magic doesn't work the same way in Human world. There is an episode where she attempts to understand it and ends up giving up.

She had no reason to believe that they could wield them either.
Not being at full strength could help to explain why she didn't go after Celestia immediately and why settled for harassing ponies. Still doesn't explain why she simply didn't go straight to the castle and "break" the elements. Its not as if she forgot the way.  

5 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Sunset also later comments that Magic doesn't work the same way in Human world. There is an episode where she attempts to understand it and ends up giving up. 

She still used it, regardless of it's intended purpose, it was still used by an evil person.. and with the tree of harmony having some sentience, it would of stopped her.

6 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

She had no reason to believe that they could wield them either.

Not being at full strength could help to explain why she didn't go after Celestia immediately and why settled for harassing ponies. Still doesn't explain why she simply didn't go straight to the castle and "break" the elements. Its not as if she forgot the way.  

No one's perfect :P  

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

We have had several Dreamscape episodes though, including the one that gave us Daybreaker in the first place. No reason we couldn't have another.

That would be an almost complete repeat of the introduction episode. Celestia has a nightmare. She learns a lesson. The end. Who wants that?

Some are mentioning Grogar. Let's assume he's a master of black magic. They have made black magic aka shadow magic aesthetically completely different from nightmare magic which is basically pony magic on a rampage. So he could either turn them into shadows or use a similar magic to ponies which would kinda suck.

The way to make nightmares work is to crush the Friendship Dogma and state that they are a natural magical defense mechanism that takes over when a user can no longer hold their shit together. If you do not need to paint ponies and Harmony as absolute good, then you can start exploring the wild side of white magic. Suddenly there are so many simple ways to bring nightmares back and to keep them relevant.

P.S: Oh, H-Bro. They want to make ponies more attractive to "muh patriarchy" but none of them thought it would be a good idea to make nightmares into a new power level. Think of all those bucking toys!

Just now, JCKane said:

She still used it, regardless of it's intended purpose, it was still used by an evil person.. and with the tree of harmony having some sentience, it would of stopped her.

No one's perfect :P  

Like I said Magic in the Human world is very different. The Rules are no longer the same. Twilight was able to steal the magic of Harmony from the others are use it for herself. It seems that in the Human world one's intentions for obtaining magic seems to have an effect on the individual as it can corrupt them if their intentions are less then benign.

Also the Tree has no jurisdiction on the Elements themselves once they have been removed from it. In actual fact the Tree by itself is not that powerful as without the Elements it beings to lose strength to the point where even Discord's magic could affect it.

24 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Also the Tree has no jurisdiction on the Elements themselves once they have been removed from it. In actual fact the Tree by itself is not that powerful as without the Elements it beings to lose strength to the point where even Discord's magic could affect it.

You do know that that goes more towards my point.  Which is that villians could use the elements of harmony.

Just now, JCKane said:

You do know that that goes more towards my point.  Which is that villians could use the elements of harmony.

Only in the Human world which is confirmed to have a different set of rules regarding magic to the point where to even the magic of harmony is exempt. Such a thing on the other hand would be unthinkable in the world of the ponies, in fact the season 8 episode "The mean 6" shows that the Elements cannot be abused.

5 minutes ago, Tenebrae said:

Only in the Human world which is confirmed to have a different set of rules regarding magic to the point where to even the magic of harmony is exempt. Such a thing on the other hand would be unthinkable in the world of the ponies, in fact the season 8 episode "The mean 6" shows that the Elements cannot be abused.

I've not seen the Mean 6 nor is it officially out yet... so please watch out for spoilers like that.  (especially I can see things like that as spoilers because I can easily realize plots and things because of such things.)

2 minutes ago, JCKane said:

I've not seen the Mean 6 nor is it officially out yet... so please watch out for spoilers like that.  (especially I can see things like that as spoilers because I can easily realize plots and things because of such things.)

I apologise for that. I attempted to keep my answer as spoiler free as possible. I only meant to further to conversation, yet I realise that others do not appreciate any form of spoilers. I should have used the Spoiler tool option however I haven't been on this forum long and only realised too late that the feature was available to me.

Sorry about that.

I apologise for that. I attempted to keep my answer as spoiler free as possible. I only meant to further to conversation, yet I realise that others do not appreciate any form of spoilers. I should have used the Spoiler tool option however I haven't been on this forum long and only realised too late that the feature was available to me.

Sorry about that.

My 'spoiler' preference really does depend on a lot of factors.  But in this case, I try not to find out about the main plots of episodes... and what you put, gives me a good idea of what may or will go down for the plot of the episode, in which case I feel is a spoiler.

But let's not get off topic :P

Which is really, I think it is possible for Daybreaker to show up again.  There's various reasons on how it could be done, including my theory and your typical brain washing or alternate dimension/timeline possibilities.

Which tbh, it did make me a little sad on Season 5's finale... I would of loved them to expand a few of those alternate timelines... which sadly, it's not the only time I had wished they'd of extended parts of the episodes, though I do understand why.

Included in this is Twilight using the memory spell on her friends in Season 2 ep 2, which I would of enjoyed seeing a more extended versions of her trying to get them fixed, like with the first one.  The other was during the season 3 finale which I would of enjoyed a more extended version of each of them helping fix the problems for their friends (like fluttershy's did) but I understand at the time it may have been the series finale... and I do like the song nonetheless :)

Although I feel that an episode where the roles of Celestia and Luna are switched where Celestia is taken over by the darkness and Luna has to banish her would appeal most to me, it seems more like wishful thinking. Celestia has been portrayed for so long as the hero with no shadieness whatsoever except for the appearance of Daybreaker, but that was more of a fear than something that Tia would want to indulge in. I think there is a lot of possibility for the writers to use Daybreaker in the future, but the result of any plotlines that involve her would most likely be too permanet for only two more seasons. Heck, it took Luna 1000 years to be reformed, I highly doubt that Celestia is going to not only have to be reformed, but turn evil in the first place over the course of two seasons which adds up to about a year in Equestria, if I'm not mistaken.

Although I would love to see another appearance of Daybreaker, my prediction is that we won't see her again. 

3 minutes ago, Lunar Glow said:

Although I feel that an episode where the roles of Celestia and Luna are switched where Celestia is taken over by the darkness and Luna has to banish her would appeal most to me, it seems more like wishful thinking. Celestia has been portrayed for so long as the hero with no shadieness whatsoever except for the appearance of Daybreaker, but that was more of a fear than something that Tia would want to indulge in. I think there is a lot of possibility for the writers to use Daybreaker in the future, but the result of any plotlines that involve her would most likely be too permanet for only two more seasons. Heck, it took Luna 1000 years to be reformed, I highly doubt that Celestia is going to not only have to be reformed, but turn evil in the first place over the course of two seasons which adds up to about a year in Equestria, if I'm not mistaken.

Although I would love to see another appearance of Daybreaker, my prediction is that we won't see her again. 

It's only rumor on when the series will end.  So you never really know.