Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Nationalism in iCarly

Not here anymore

So, I was watching the iCarly episode iRocked the Vote and there was this guy, Wade Collins, who seemed nice at first when he was on the news, he said he wish he would of won in a very nice tone. iCarly was telling people to vote for David Archuleta.  Then, they have Wade Collins on the web show and apologize for telling them to vote for David Archuleta. He calls them hob-knockers. Carly wonders what that means. Sam whispers it and Carly says that's gross, Sam replies and illegal. Then, we're now getting to the nationalist part. Freddie put together a video of Wade Collins in a YTP like format, he says "I wanted tuna fish!" He says "Too hot! Hot! Hot!" Gibby says "He's sorry." Then, he says Carly and Sam are stupid American girls, he says they're hob-knockers. He says he hates children, he hates teenagers, he hates animals, and he hates AMERICAAAA!!! And if you don't know what hob-knocker means, here's a definition. Click the link at your own risk. It is gross, and it is illegal. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hobknocker

(edited)

Hobknocker was made up for the show. It was people online that made up definitions for it after the episode aired. Also, I doubt what happened in this episode was meant to be nationalist. Wade Collins (and his mother) always just seemed like a horrible person to me.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 4

14 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Hobknocker was made up for the show. It was people online that made up definitions for it after the episode aired. Also, I doubt what happened in this episode was meant to be nationalist. Wade Collins (and his mother) always just seemed like a horrible person to me.

Accurate depiction of the origin of hobknocker. Though the urban dictionary definition is at least tame in comparison to other entries.