Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do you think the other 2 Delegates are from?

Senko

(edited)

I was rewatching season 4 and noticed the two delegates on the right in the Equestria games. The two on the left are from Saddle Arabia while the two on the right are identified (in the next episode) as the duke and duchess of Maretonia. So what country do you think that corresponds to?

Delegates.png

Edited by Senko

They are the Duke and Duchess of Maretonia. 

The headdresses should be a clue as to possible IRL connections. 

Just now, Jeric said:

They are the Duke and Duchess of Maretonia. 

Yep but what's the real world equivilent? Equestria = USA, Saddle Arbia = Saudi Arabia, Maretonia = ?

Just now, Senko said:

Yep but what's the real world equivilent? Equestria = USA, Saddle Arbia = Saudi Arabia, Maretonia = ?

Here's a clue 

2a4b520514309383165794c3f4169623.jpg

I thought Atlanta was part of America. So they're not an indendant country like Saddle Arabia but technically below Celestia and ruling part of Euqestria hmmm.

Just now, Senko said:

I thought Atlanta was part of America. So they're not an indendant country like Saddle Arabia but technically below Celestia and ruling part of Euqestria hmmm.

Atlanta? That's from a film that takes place in a North African nation. 

Just now, Jeric said:

Atlanta? That's from a film that takes place in a North African nation. 

Isn't Gone with the wind set in Atlanta during the civil war or do I have the wrong film?

Just now, Senko said:

Isn't Gone with the wind set in Atlanta during the civil war or do I have the wrong film?

Yeah, both are great classics, but the film I showed is Casablanca. Casablanca is in Morocco, a North African nation that went through various evolution of names. It's people were called Moorish or Moors. It was once the ancient Indus Valley Kingdom or Mauretania (not to be confused with the Berber offshoot and modern nation). The clothing and traditional headdresses are one giveaway, as is the name .... both combined make it Morocco. 

2 minutes ago, Califorum said:

One of them reminds me of an Egyptian for some reason. Maybe I am wrong but the other I have no clue. 

Very very close, and they did take some elements of Justinian era Egyptian culture (though the Vandals and Goths messed some things up)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jeric said:

Yeah, both are great classics, but the film I showed is Casablanca. Casablanca is in Morocco, a North African nation that went through various evolution of names. It's people were called Moorish or Moors. It was once the ancient Indus Valley Kingdom or Mauretania (not to be confused with the Berber offshoot and modern nation). The clothing and traditional headdresses are one giveaway, as is the name .... both combined make it Morocco. 

Very very close, and they did take some elements of Justinian era Egyptian culture (though the Vandals and Goths messed some things up)

The gothic era would have been my 2nd guess.

Just now, Jeric said:

Oh I see interesting and thank you. So Maretonia = Mauretania hmmm that muck's up my theory MLP is set roughly in a 1950's era though I suppose it could be the same time shenanigans that go on with Equestria Girls.

1 hour ago, Senko said:

Oh I see interesting and thank you. So Maretonia = Mauretania hmmm that muck's up my theory MLP is set roughly in a 1950's era though I suppose it could be the same time shenanigans that go on with Equestria Girls.

Doesn't the internet exist in Equestria Girls? Just how rough are we talkin here?

Just now, SharpWit said:

Doesn't the internet exist in Equestria Girls? Just how rough are we talkin here?

I meant the shifting of ages bewteen the two universes. Celestia has ruled Equestria for 1,000 years but she's the principal of Canterlot high. Big Mac is apaprently in the same age bracket as apple jack an attending high school yet Sunset is roughly the same age as Twilight even though she was a pupil of Celestia's before she met her and spent up to 3 years in the human realm. That sort of thing where to keep the cast together they much around with the time of the various character's ages. So Mauretania rather than vanishing years ago as it did in the real world is present in Equestria even though Equestria is set in the 1950's.

Admitedly the 1950's thing is my personal theory of when its set given the various technology and cultural references going around in the show.