Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"I'm sure we'll find a room for you somewhere," Oliver said with a grin. He really wanted to see how she looked as a dragon.

What she said next made him worry a bit. "Well, it doesn't sound like you're infiltrating me or anything." He hoped so at least.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and raised an eyebrow. He didn't really understand that logic.

"Weren't you supposed to make friends with them?" he asked cautiously. "To get your friends' trust and all that stuff?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yes and no." Jenna explained "My purpose was to make them my friends, to get them to trust me and all that." "But the problem was, that I became friends with them too." "What was supposed to be me acting to be their friend, turned to actual both-sided friendship." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver still looked rather confused. He couldn't see the downside of her making friends.

"What's wrong with that?" he asked. "Isn't it a good thing that you felt like their friend? Means you aren't alone."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, for me there wasn't anything negative about it, besides the knowledge that we would know each other only for the summer at best." Jenna said "But from Talon's perspective it is pretty much the same as undercover cop coming best pals with the criminals they should be spying on." "One of their teachings are that we dragons don't emote, we don't get attracted to humans or each other in any shape or form, we can't feel love....that type of things." "All smiles all tears, just a act, that's what they want from us."

• Brohoof 1

"That sounds awful," Oliver said, frowning at her. "Not allowed to feel anything for other people? That's no way to live."

He looked around for a moment, then looked at her. "What do you think of me? Truly."

• Brohoof 1

"And that's why I'm sitting here and not back at the so called home working for them, or well, it's one of the reasons."

Jenna shrugged at Oliver's question "Friendly, maybe slightly foolish human with a good heart." "In different time and place I could see us actually being friends." "The things I already mentioned baffle me about you, but I consider that just as a difference between us as species."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged, accepting Jenna's answer. "Well, I can still be your friend if you want. Considering what's going on, we may as well learn to trust each other."

He smiled. "Besides, I don't plan to rat you out to these guys."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, the problem isn't trust, it's just that...." Jenna seemed like she was trying to come up with words, she sighed "No point in lying about it, I'm scared of getting attached to anyone, in my current situation, anyone helping me or knowing about me is a target if they are found out, and...." "It was painful enough that I had to leave my friends without saying a word to them, so I can only imagine what it would be like if a friend gets killed because of me."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly, starting to comprehend her problem.

"Yeah, I can understand that," he agreed, "but it'll be mostly my fault if I get caught out for being careless. If the worst happens, I can at least help you make a getaway."

"If the feeling is anything like it is for you humans based on the movies, I think that whose fault it is doesn't mean anything." Jenna pointed out "And we have to remember that they have found me before, so it's not fully on you if I'm found." "and lastly, you can't really do anything if things go bad, because until you have a gun or something, you will not be able to even slow down a Viper, remember that they are trained killers." "And in the case of The Order being the things going bad, you wouldn't do anything with a weapon either."

• Brohoof 1

"Well still," Oliver said, "I can try to get you some time to escape if the worst happens."

He smiled at her. "But if we're careful, nothing should happen at all, right? We just have to keep our heads down."

• Brohoof 1

"I don't make any promises." Jenna simply said "But regardless, only I should keep my head down." she pointed at Oliver "You need to love your life normally, because if you start acting different than the usual, that too will give away that something has changed, and if those differences include you getting more careful, they know you're hiding something."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, understanding the instructions. "So I just carry on as normal. No problem, no one really pays much attention to me anyway."

He grinned. "So it should be kinda easy to keep a dragon secret."

• Brohoof 1

"Is that so?" Jenna asked "Because if you usually don't get that much attention, that could actually help to recognize if Talon is suspecting you." she explained "As in, if someone suddenly gets very curious about you, or otherwise seems to pay more attention than usual to you, they are with high change one of them." she paused for a second "That reminds me, one thing you have to remember....anyone can be one of them, young old, rich or poor, they are masters of disguise and lying, and..." "...as grim of an idea of it is, even someone in your family could work for them, though many of the human workers don't actually know who they are really working for, but regardless."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, taking the information to heart. "I have to watch anyone acting out of the ordinary and make sure to spot anyone watching me? I think I can do that."

He didn't like the idea of anyone in his family working for these Talon people, but if that was the situation...

"Got it," Oliver said with a nod. "If I spot anything out of the ordinary, I'll let you know."

He frowned a little. "But, if anything does happen, what'll you do? Will you do be alright if these people try anything?"

• Brohoof 1

"Nobody knows if I would be okay." Jenna said shrugging "I would have to fight at first, since you can't simply run away from a Viper, and that's bound to injure me at best case scenario." "And if I survive, I take my stuff and go hiding somewhere else until I can come up with a plan."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded. "At least there's a chance you can escape with your life, if the worst actually does happen."

He smiled at her. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe. I won't let those Talon people find you."

"I'll think of something," Oliver assured her. "I mean, if I have to run, I'm sure I can find somewhere to hide until they forget about me."

He shrugged. "Besides, I won't really be much good them alive or dead, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"You are no use for them alive, until I escape and they think you know where I went." Jenna pointed out "And they don't forget." "But on positive note, you would have the possibility to start a life as someone else, you would only need to disappear, change your appearance, and make make sure that no one who knows you meets you." "Something I can't do because other dragons can recognize me regardless of what I look like in this form."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I guess it's harder to hide since you're actually a dragon and all," Oliver agreed, biting his lip gently.

He grinned. "If I do need to disappear, you can always come with me. It's not like they can track you or anything, right?"