Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver yelped in horror as the two dragons attacked the train, and he had no choice but to run when the second one targeted him. Somehow he was able to duck and weave around the trees with considerably little effort, but the dragon chasing him was hellbent on crashing through them just to hunt him down.

He couldn't leave Jenna behind, but a mere human couldn't fight a full-grown dragon by himself. Still, he did notice that these two were acting purely on instinct, instead of the careful planning Jenna always displayed. Maybe he could use that?

With the first dragon distracted by fighting Jenna, he lured the second one in a circle back to them, planning to wait until the last minute before ducking its charge attack so it slammed into its companion and knocked it off Jenna.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's plan was a successful one, though it was helped by Jenna's disadvantage against the bigger dragon, as contradictory as it was, since Jenna's inability to overpower the dragon, meant that the attacker was on top, and thus was the one taking the crash instead of her. The crash itself wouldn't have done much, since being seemingly impervious to pain, the two white dragons were generally quick to recover, but due to Jenna's disadvantaged position, and her starting to get desperate, she had locked her jaws on the bigger dragon's throat, so when it was pushed off her due to the other dragon crashing into it, the force caused her to rip that piece off.

Jenna didn't get out of it fully intact either, since along the injuries she already had, the other dragon being ripped off her by force, meant that its claws and teeth were also pulled in the same direction; the biggest injury from that to Jenna, was losing a piece of her shoulder, and while extremely painful, it was small to what the white dragon went through. The bigger dragon, as to be expected from someone who doesn't feel pain, seemed to be fine for some moments, and even took few steps towards Jenna, but pain is the least of your worries when you are missing a throat, so after those few steps, the dragon just collapsed on the ground and stopped moving.

It wasn't time for celebration yet though, since the smaller one was still alive and well, so soon enough Jenna was wrestling with it, though due to the fight being bit more even, Jenna's flight or fight being in full force, and her knowing that these things can die, she dealt with the second dragon lot easier, giving it the same fate as the bigger one.

After the fight was over, Jenna made sure there wasn't any more of them, after which she looked at the now dead dragons, "What in the name of.....all the gods....are these things?" she sounded like it was hard to speak, partly it was due to her very heavy breathing, since she was quite obviously drained from fighting for her life, but no doubt her equally obvious injuries had an effect on it too, as she was covered in cuts and teeth marks, she was missing a piece from her shoulder, and she was bleeding from too many places to list, it wasn't a pleasant view.

"We....need to....leave.....before...." she groaned from pain "...before Talon....comes to....clean up." and with that, she started walking deeper into the forest, leaving bloody footprints behind, and while she wasn't quite limping, her walking wasn't exactly stable either. "Those weren't....normal....dragons.....something unnatural....about them." among all the pain and her generally disoriented demeanor, there was horror in Jenna's voice, whatever those dragons were, she were terrified of them. 

If Oliver spoke to her, or otherwise interacted with her directly, Jenna would break out of her less than lucid state enough to interact with him, but it was clear that adrenaline, or whatever equivalent a dragon would have if not the same, was still clouding her mind. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver could only watch as Jenna dispatched the two dragons thanks to the advantage he had given her. Though she clearly hadn't gotten out of it unscathed. He followed after her.

"You should stop somewhere and rest," he said. "You're bleeding out all over."

• Brohoof 1

"huh?" Jenna muttered at first, as it took few seconds for her to process what Oliver said, but after looking at him for a moment, she turned to look at herself and the footprints "...oh...right." "Stay back..." she then breathed fire on herself, burning the wounds shut, including the shoulder that was missing a bigger piece. This however wasn't painless, as she let out a cry of pain and almost collapsed from the pain as her wounds burned. She stood there shaking, groaning and breathing heavily for some moments after it, she had had some injuries in the past, but even she wasn't used to this level of damage. 

She started walking again "You are....correct." "I need to...rest." her steps got heavier, adrenaline was slowly but surely fading away "But we can't...stay here, too close, they will...find us." "And I'm not...in a shape to...fight them." She would keep walking slowly but surely in a mostly straight line, she wouldn't speak much, responding with grunts and such if Oliver said something that required it, only speaking when she had no other option. This would go on for a mile or so, as nothing Oliver could say or do changed things much, but after a mile or so, Jenna just couldn't go on, and promptly collapsed on the ground, her legs just giving out under her. She let out uncharacteristic yelp when it happened, before letting out a pained sigh, she tried to get back up, but she simply had no more strength left "guess...this is far enough..." she admitted "Heh...the good news...is that the bad feeling....is gone." and since she knew how bad it looked, she continued "...Don't worry...I'll be fine...in time." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver stood back and watched as Jenna healed herself. He hoped this wouldn't be any lasting damage.

He quickly caught her as her legs gave way and gently set her against a tree. "Do you want me to carry you?"

• Brohoof 1

"This should be...far enough for now." Jenna stated "Could you look around...for water?" "River, stream...a lake, anything...big enough for me to lay in." dragon or not, burning wounds shut, well, it burned, as only the top layers of the scales and skin were fireproof, so cold water to lay in at least sounded nice to her, if it would actually do anything was another question. 

• Brohoof 1

"Alright, just stay there and don't move," Oliver said, making sure she was comfortable for the moment. "I'll see what I can find."

He started looking around the area surrounding Jenna for a body of water large enough for her to rest in.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna wanted to remark something about the fact that it wasn't like she could move much, but decided against it, mainly because speaking hurt, and thus it was probably better to leave joking remarks unsaid for now. Her thoughts soon turned to the past, the few things she did as a Viper before becoming Rogue herself, was this how she had made them feel too? the pain, the fear? She shouldn't have though about it, but she couldn't help it, besides, it did help to distract her from her own physical discomfort. 

At first there was nothing to be found, but if Oliver went far enough, there would be a small pond some distance away, nothing too special, and not too deep, but it was better than nothing probably, it was bit of a walk away, but it was the closest one could stumble upon in reasonable time frame. At some point, the silence of the forest would be broken by sound of engines, as several helicopters flew over the general area, they moved quick, and seemed to be going somewhere rather than looking for anyone or anything, but notably, all of them had official looking markings of different organizations that were weird to see together, mainly, a train related organization, and different law enforcement groups. They were heading directly towards the train. 

When Oliver would eventually return to Jenna, she had moved a bit to be more in the shadow of the trees, and was seemingly listening towards the way they came from, concern on her face. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver noticed the helicopters above, and saw they were heading to the train. He decided it best to get Jenna as far from there as possible.

He returned to her. "There's a pond not too far from here, will that help?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah" Jenna said, struggling up, she used the tree next to her to help herself up, though said tree barely supported the weight of the young dragoness, she may have been still small for a dragon, but she was still quite heavy. "Talon was....unusually fast with...cleanup." "Means they were....somewhere close....waiting." "Lead the...way" Jenna would follow Oliver, but it was slow, to say she walked would be an overstatement, as she had to really focus to stay on her feet after every step, she had gotten tiny bit of rest while waiting for Oliver, and the worry caused by Talon appearing had given her a small boost, but it didn't mean her body suddenly wasn't exhausted, in fact, she was worried she'd just pass out middle of a step from exhaustion. 

Being in her real form helped a bit though, not that she could use her disguise when this injured anyway, but if she would be able, having four legs was still better than two, because it helped her to keep balance.  Surprisingly enough, they would be able to make it to the pond, be it after a very slow journey, but Jenna didn't quite reach the water, before dropping down again, and dragging herself the rest of the way in the water. 

• Brohoof 1

"A bit" Jenna stated "now instead of...burning, they...sting." she was quiet for a second, turning her eyes towards Oliver, "I'll be fine." "I just need to...rest." "These injuries....are not dangerous...I can move perfectly...fine, after I...get some sleep." she let out sigh "But you should...make some cover...for yourself." "We'll be here...for a while, I can't...transform until the wounds heal." "And I think...I broke a rib or two, so that...will take a moment too" "But don't start...a fire, before they...leave" 

• Brohoof 1

"For now...just keep watch...until you see....or hear...the helicopters leave." Jenna said "After that...take care...of yourself." she then lowered her head in the water, the spot was just deep enough for the water to reach the lower part of her mouth, so there was no fear about water going where it shouldn't, and then, she closed her eyes. Even with all her injuries, it felt good to rest like this, sure she appreciated warm, soft beds, but being able to rest in her real form was something she could never get too much of, after all, it was the natural way to her. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept watch for any people or helicopters, while making sure Jenna was resting comfortably. He occasionally put a hand on her to make sure she was still breathing.

He waited until he heard the sounds of helicopters fade away but he stayed with Jenna.

• Brohoof 1

It would be hour or few, until the helicopters would once again fly, the sound was more distant this time of course, but it was still easy to hear in the silence of nature. Some of them seemed to hang around a bit longer, probably flying around looking for them in the forest, but they never got close enough to even possibly spot them, and eventually left too.

Jenna's breathing was mostly normal, but every time she took a bigger breath, there was an indication of pain, which shouldn't have been a surprise, considering her clear trouble speaking, this however didn't seem to wake her up, so either it wasn't bad enough to bother her sleep, or she was just too tired to care. Though, to say she slept peacefully, wouldn't have been fully accurate to say either, because while she did in fact sleep, and didn't move much, her expression did show the pain she was feeling from the injuries.

She twitched a bit when the helicopters took flight, but other than that, she didn't seem to react to the noise. If not woken up by Oliver, Jenna would sleep until close to sunset, and even then, the only thing showing that she did was her opening her eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver kept waiting and listening for the helicopters to leave before daring to move. He didn't want to leave Jenna alone while she was injured.

He kept an eye on her to make sure she wasn't getting in worse condition.

• Brohoof 1

"How long was I out?" she suddenly asked after watching the sun set for few moments, speaking quietly, but loud enough to be heard, she rose her head a bit, but winced "Yep...definitely broken...no question about that." she didn't sound as tired as before, after all, she had had quite the nap, but it was clear it still hurt to speak somewhat. She slowly but surely got on her feet, "We'll need to check...my injuries, now that...my legs aren't made...of wet noodles." 

• Brohoof 1

"A few hours," Oliver said, looking over her again. "Try not to move too much too soon. You look like you're still hurt."

He made sure she moved safely and carefully as she examined herself over for her condition.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna pressed several places on her body with her leg, sometimes flinching and/or groaning from pain, she also looked at few of her wounds that she could get a clear view of. "Those things...did a number on me." she tried to smile, but a flinch took the smile off her face "Bastards took my shoulder...luckily they didn't hit the...important nerves." "I'm gonna be stuck like this for a while...transforming to a human would...kill me instantly." she walked on dry land and sat down "What were those things?" "I've never seen...or heard of something...like those things." 

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know," Oliver said. "They looked like dragons, but they seemed... mindless. Like all the will was taken out of them to turn them into killing machines."

He'd been around Jenna long enough to be sure that becoming a mindless killer wasn't normal for a dragon. He kept an eye on her shoulder wound and wondered if there was a way he could help it heal.

• Brohoof 1

"And those eyes." Jenna said, sounding almost scared "You know how....it's said that life...leaves the eyes?" "It's true." "Yet, those things...had no life in them...in the first place." she looked into the direction the fight had taken place "They had no pigment....no unique smell...no feeling of pain....those things were not...dragons." "They didn't even have...that crazed look...that those gone feral have." she looked towards the sky "Whatever they are...it's bad news..." 

• Brohoof 1

Jenna thought for a second "Likely." she then responded "I see no way...how they could...come to be...naturally." "I don't know how...they would be made." "Grown from nothing?" "Something done to...the eggs?" "Maybe that is what....became of all the males...send for 're-education'?" "Regardless, it's clear that...Talon is behind it...they wouldn't have been...so quickly here otherwise." "And they have the technology...and motive, over anybody else." she scratched the ground nervously "Are those the weapon...I heard about?" Artificial dragons? it was hard to believe, but then again, if anyone could do it, it was Talon, their technology was above everyone else, and they had easy access to eggs and dragons to use as test subjects, it would also answer the male question, where they ended up.   

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked up at Jenna. He wasn't used to seeing her so scared, though he certainly couldn't blame her. What she was suggesting sounded really frightening.

"It's good that you escaped when you did," he said. "It could have happened to you."

• Brohoof 1