Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Villain Song

Grtxkkyz

• 3 months later...

One of my favorite villain songs has to be Slick, aka Patel's song from "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". It's barely a minute long, but it's still awesome (as is the entire movie itself):

Edited by CinemaBrony
  • Brohoof 5

one of my favs...is Kaa's Trust In Me. I use to have a major crush on him too XD

And I was 10 when I crushed on Kaa. I've always had crushes on various villainous males. XD

Edited by Airi

Because Rasputin is a badass villain and the word "dasvidaniya" is an awesome word

Here's another great one too though, it's just epic and this movie will always be one of my favorites of all time.

• Brohoof 1

Villain songs are great because they must work so hard at both displaying character and (very often) establishing motivations and courses of action. The characterization of the villain is both micro and macro of those drives.

And thus Villains endear them will all of their bonuses. Villains archrypically have very strong personalities and motives, which make it both easy and justifiable for their actors to ham it up and go as big and vivacious as they can. (recall how the voice actor for The Great and Powerful Trixie sounded like she was having way too much fun with her role.) Coupled with their design, this evokes their appeal. We like to look at them and are drawn towards their personality because it's important that for the audience, we love to hate them.

They're so cool, and they're so evil. We want them to fail, but we also want to see them fail.

This complex in song just makes it all the more fun.

• Brohoof 1

I know I've had quite a few posts on why LPosted Imagerd English is one of the most badass villians ever, but his theme song says it all, and it doesn't even have a single lyric:

And did I mention that, when played backwards, it becomes a reprise of itself?

Edited by Pony Joe

• 1 month later...

The thing with villain songs is that I typically don't like it when the villain themselves sing in them, or if there's any kind of lyrical scores in it. I like when the music does the description of the evil that has befallen us, because I think that has a stronger effect as to what we can truly picture the antagonist to be. The following two pieces I find are the best example of the music doing all the talking and letting you hear the emotion of the environment rather than just using the villain's words.

Night on Bald Mountain (Chernabog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSbxRiUgOo

Dancing Mad (Kefka from Final Fantasy VI)

Edited by AegisReflector
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many good ones. All of the ones listed so far are great.

Kirby Krackle's "Villain Song" is also great. One of the best out there is "Where There's a Whip There's a Way" from Rankin/Bass's Return of the King.

My favorite two are as follows.

• Brohoof 1