Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else feel like that they learn art better if someone teaches it to you?

P0nyguy96

I know that they are a lot of self taught artist out there but for me, the self taught route hasn't been working for me. I have always felt better when someone shows me what to do or what I am doing wrong and or improve and then I improve and eventually develop my own style from the skills I was taught. Now before you say it, yes i know: SOME THINGS CAN'T BE TAUGHT but it doesn't hurt to get some help on the things that can be taught

@P0nyguy96

The Visual Fan Art section is used to share fan art of MLP. Because this thread is not doing that and instead asking a more general question, I will be moving it to General Discussion.

5 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

@P0nyguy96

The Visual Fan Art section is used to share fan art of MLP. Because this thread is not doing that and instead asking a more general question, I will be moving it to General Discussion.

Ok

Me personally, I go by on my own judgement. Sure I’d pick up some few tips online, but to me it’s pointless, as in taking art lessons is pointless. 

Being taught by someone else has a couple useful benefits. It can teach techniques that may help streamline the artistic process, and getting the input or perspective of someone with a fresh eye can be of some use if you respect the opinion of the person appraising your art.