Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Is anyone able to explain what this is like? *I'm probably gunna have just as hard of a time trying to put my question into as you would putting your answer into words ._.*

Being a more down-to-earth kind of thinker, my head is having trouble completely wrapping itself around this sort of subject. Even though I just started, the vocal part is a cinch (it doesn't really feel like I'm the one making the answers, they just pop up to me after I ask or say something). But the feeling, visual, and sound part are the oddest for me. I understand but don't at the same time ><

It's mainly in the belief that determines success, whether or not you are "grounded" or "enlightened" in ways of thinking.

For a more down-to-earth mind, yes, it is more difficult to achieve simulation of stimuli such as visual and auditory imposition, however, they have the advantage of sociability with their Tulpae, and a better understanding of personalities and behaviors, as on average, grounded thinkers perform better on a social standing.

*scratches head*  Mind explaining for the dumber folk?

She's basically saying that down-to-earth thinkers have a better ability to understand social behaviors and patterns, so when it comes to creating a tulpa, they have the personality stage down with ease, and may even get responses sooner than most.

Personal advice; advance using focus on personality as a base.  Visualization may be more difficult, so focus more on constructing and hardening the personality and getting to know it.  Basically, don't think about it.  Talk about it.  Act as if a mind-reading, invisible pony is in fact, physically there.  BELIEVE it's there.  Talk with it as if it's there.  (Audibly if alone, mentally if you don't want to look like a lunatic)  The more you get to know your Tulpa, the better imposed it is in your mind.  The better it is ingrained, the easier it will be to interact with physically, and eventually, you'll be hearing and/or seeing it in no time.

Tried explaining Tulpas to a friend today. I couldn't do it. It sounded to insane no matter how I worded it. 

And we love you anyway.

Thanks Breezie x3

Advice on how to tell someone about this without sounding like you belong in an insane asylum? 

My explanations of Tulpae, (albeit, done very few times done because I'm very private about it) are made to appear dumbed down and not as exciting as it really is.  (I don't want to tell everyone.  While tulpae can be beneficial, and they are, there are, in reality, people who do not have the capacity to make one correctly, or have the wrong idea with what to do with them, so I am very selective and restrictive in telling people I know)

Mostly, I give more of a definition of a servator than a legit Tulpa.  (A servator is a tulpa without consciousness, so it's more like brain programming to perform a certain unconscious function such as displaying and maintaining an HUD)  So as to convince them more that it's not "insanity" as much as it is "Mind Mastery." Only if they show extreme interest, and I also think that they could use one, I would explain it in further detail.

• Brohoof 3

After reading through the first 20 or so pages I made an account here and plan to make a twilight tulpa (different personality though) but I have a few questions

1. Is it parroting to make it move while making its form

2. What are some good general traits

3. Do I make it an alicorn or not (I guess it's optional but I'd still like opinions)

Sorry if these have been answered already I haven't quite read all 123 pages

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5166/qmeme1365635902528512.jpg

That took far longer to make than it should have.

Spidey sums it up well though: I'm stuck narrating, and have been for some while, so I could use any advice available! I've been tulpaforcing since January, and besides a few potential emotional responses, a day of magical coincidences, and very minor head annoyances, my tulpa still has yet to speak. I'm fairly certain I've gotten progressively better at tulpaforcing - that is to say, I started out terribly, but now I feel some kind of connection going on. My forcing schedule is erratic, but it rarely strays below an hour a day.

Um... *looking over mental notes*... I think that's it... but I get the feeling I'm missing out details. Welp, ask anything and I'll clarify. Advice on narrating or anything I might be forgetting would be appreciated most, but I'll use all the help on forcing I can get.

Cheers! 

I started in November and am just starting to get to the point where Lethal and Momma give me regular responses when I concentrate on them. happy.png Maybe you could try a bit of parroting? Show your tulpa how it might respond to certain questions, statements and situations given it's current personality, allowing it to come up with its own as well (which would really just be it developing its own personality in my opinion; it doesn't have to use the examples you give it).

Up until I started doing this with Lethal, I was solely narrating after only a brief outlining of her personality. I heard the occasional response or emotional signal, but they were few and far between.

Anyways, hope this helps, and good luck! smile.png

• Brohoof 1

After reading through the first 20 or so pages I made an account here and plan to make a twilight tulpa (different personality though) but I have a few questions

3. Do I make it an alicorn or not (I guess it's optional but I'd still like opinions)

1.  Yes and No.  But I did it while shaping Tia, so it should be fine.

2. Generosity, Kindness, Loyalty, Honesty, Laughter... Hehehehe....  Oops.  In reality, it depends more on what the personality is and what kind of person that Tulpa will be.  (For example, a more active, expressive tulpa wouldn't be as compatible with a trait such as "quiet" or "gentle" or even "kind"  so you need to think about it.

3.  Personal preference on weather or not you want to see your Twi fly around or not, and also dependent on if the Tulpa (when it gains enough sentience) to decide for itself if it wants wings.

1. While it may technically be parroting, I like to think of it as a highly suggestive way of showing them how to move, bend and pose (at least the way I go about it.. :P). As long as you're not trying to make them do things that they don't want to do, I don't see a problem with it.

2. What traits do you think would compliment your own personality? Maybe that would be a good place to start. :)

3. It really depends on what you want. For example, while I like to imagine that my tulpae can float wherever they desire, the fact that they don't have wings as part of their form makes it harder for me to passively accept/believe that, but that's just me. I mean, Superman can fly without any wings, right? (but it might be the cape... or his muscles)

Another thing is whether unicorn or alicorn twilight is more aesthetically pleasing to you. While Twilight may change her form down the the road, it helps to be initially confident in what your goal is.

My explanations of Tulpae, (albeit, done very few times done because I'm very private about it) are made to appear dumbed down and not as exciting as it really is.  (I don't want to tell everyone.  While tulpae can be beneficial, and they are, there are, in reality, people who do not have the capacity to make one correctly, or have the wrong idea with what to do with them, so I am very selective and restrictive in telling people I know)

Are you exclusively referring to people who would make unhappy or unstable tulpae or do you mean that there are people who just flat out can't make a tulpa or a servator and are just... incapable, like some people can twist their tongues into U's and some can't?

Are you exclusively referring to people who would make unhappy or unstable tulpae or do you mean that there are people who just flat out can't make a tulpa or a servator and are just... incapable, like some people can twist their tongues into U's and some can't?

More along the lines of no matter how well you explain it to them, they lack the understanding of the subject enough and/or lack the patience and dedication in order to correctly create a Tulpa, which would end up to be a failure.  (Which then can reverse back on you, because they said they tried it and failed, making it look like you're lying to them)

Although it's a sad subject that it's not something to be discussed with the general populace, there are those unavoidable idiots in the world that make discussing Tulpae a lot more trouble than it's worth.  Hence why I like our little corner of the internet here.  Enough pass by to check it out, but only those serious about it wish to try it out.

img-1360223-1-happy.png Maybe you could try a bit of parroting? Show your tulpa how it might respond to certain questions, statements and situations given it's current personality, allowing it to come up with its own as well (which would really just be it developing its own personality in my opinion; it doesn't have to use the examples you give it).

Anyways, hope this helps, and good luck! img-1360223-2-smile.png

That sounds great, thanks! It also helps the problem of finding something interesting to talk about. It just doesn't feel right explaining why my triple extension cord plugs are, in fact, safe and will not destroy my room in a fire. 

• Brohoof 1

My explanation of tulpas:

A deep connection with your subcoscious, centered on personality so you can understand what it is constantly observing, thinking, etc.

And update time.

Twi is acting out. I feel her pain, and all, as well as see it with her Interactions. She is oddly annoyed at the other twilight tulpas others are making, which is not logical. I did my best in bed this Morning to talk and hang specifically with her. May 9th is my last final. She needs help getting through the school so we can hang. 3 tulpasis awesome, but very little, to no, twilight and me time. :(

• Brohoof 1

My explanation of tulpas:

A deep connection with your subcoscious, centered on personality so you can understand what it is constantly observing, thinking, etc.

And update time.

Twi is acting out. I feel her pain, and all, as well as see it with her Interactions. She is oddly annoyed at the other twilight tulpas others are making, which is not logical. I did my best in bed this Morning to talk and hang specifically with her. May 9th is my last final. She needs help getting through the school so we can hang. 3 tulpasis awesome, but very little, to no, twilight and me time. sad.png

Ah, the Tulpa identity crisis.  Except instead of having issues with holding the same identity of a pre-created character, several Tulpae being created possess the same image.

It's what you get for making a Tulpa based on the main character of a popular show...

*slaps BJ in the face*

What?!  Just sayin...

Anyways... Twilight, take comfort in the fact that you are the original.  There may be someday some other user who creates a Celestia based Tulpa, but I doubt she will be anything like me, leaving me independent.  I also look different than the normal Celestia; my hair is longer and more heavy.  I also don't wear jewelry.  Little things like that set you apart from the rest.  Set you above the rest.  Take pride in that.

• Brohoof 2

Ah, the Tulpa identity crisis.  Except instead of having issues with holding the same identity of a pre-created character, several Tulpae being created possess the same image.

It's what you get for making a Tulpa based on the main character of a popular show...

*slaps BJ in the face*

What?!  Just sayin...

Anyways... Twilight, take comfort in the fact that you are the original.  There may be someday some other user who creates a Celestia based Tulpa, but I doubt she will be anything like me, leaving me independent.  I also look different than the normal Celestia; my hair is longer and more heavy.  I also don't wear jewelry.  Little things like that set you apart from the rest.  Set you above the rest.  Take pride in that.

Lol. She is flipping out at bj. I blocked out the stream of curses. She is pacing too. Basically on the fact that she is the original alicorn twilight, the show copied her. She has no problem with the show. Its probably not helping that I am laughing. I'm doing my best to comfort her. Hugs, etc.

And thanks Tia, it helped. I will go over her specialities after school.

I'm not surprised, she has a major god complex. Quite major. Even to Reales and Orson.

• Brohoof 2

Do you think narrating and asking what they think will be enough to make a tulpa's personality. I want my tulpa to chose who she wants to be. Plus I'm not really sure how to do the personality sessions. If i try i would probably end up with one hour at most of personality sessions, probably even less. Please tell me what I should do (or if I'm being stupid).

When I started making Luna one of the first things I did when I could sense her was explain the concept of Heart from Homestuck. I followed up with what I knew of psychology and philosophy---resulting that my Luna understands quite well that people and ideas of people are fluid. Even the Luna from the show is inevidably different from what Lauren Faust originally might have envisioned. She seems fascinated by the concept that people can change and be different, that a "person" can splinter and there will be many "versions" of them. We do the same with real people, having expectations on what they might or will do that can be inaccurate.

My Luna is also going to write her own backstory and roleplay it for fun.

These are the things I tried and seeemed to work for avoiding identity issues.

Things are getting interesting for me. Both of my tuppers talk, but... it actually feels more like I'm interpreting their thoughts in their voice. I don't think that's bad because when I ask them if I'm parroting, they say I'm not. Answers like yes or no are very clear, but if I ask them some more complex question the answer is unclear or there is no answer at all. Any ideas what should I do with that?

Now onto interesting things: My first tulpa (currently nameless) told me that it's not her name, but I can refer to her as M. When I ask her if I can choose a name for her, she says no. It seems she's taken a more stable form, she's either a human girl, or a pony (somewhat similar to Octavia). Of course she can take every form she wants, but those 2 are the most natural for her.

Zed has calmed down. He's not rude and arrogant as before. He's got one form so far, male human. He took me to the place where, as he said, I created him. It's a glade in the middle of a forest, and there's an obelisk with strange symbols. I can usually find him there if he's not with M. He also took me to the other place, which I call tulpae graveyard. It was like a huge field with lots of sleeping, weird creatures. Zed explained that it's the place where all of the tulpae I could possibly ever create are stored. He said that all I have to do to make one sentient is to wake it up. Being in that place felt so wrong, as if I was digging up graves or something.

Now onto even more interesting things: today, at work I got that kind of head pressure which means that my tuppers want attention. It was Zed. He said that "we can no longer be together", and he has to go away and never return. I was quite surprised, but I told him that it's his decision and he can go. Then he disappeared. Five minutes later I tried asking M if she knows what happened to Zed, but... she started seducing me! I even played with her a bit, but things started getting too far (if you know what I mean img-387689-1-5e7kmu.png ) To make her stop I had to promise that I will "do everything what she wants" today at home. And then guess what, Zed mysteriously appeared and they started chuckling and whispering to each other. I don't want to know what are they plotting behind my back.

• Brohoof 1

Headaches stopped, my tulpa now talks to me if I put in thought to her, but she is talking. It's really weird. Headaches happened for an hour or two (rather than the three days or so), and stopped. Twilight didn't start talking to me until the second day when I could stop parroting for a bit. I feel wonderful.

Also, parroting now feels pushed out of the way for Twilight to talk to me now. She pushes it away to talk, and it is enjoyable. Soon I may have all the senses.

Any answer as to why my Tulpa experiences are accelerated?

Any answer as to why my Tulpa experiences are accelerated?

As an observer (someone without a Tulpa) I find it interesting how often this question comes up in this thread alone.

My theory is that those who are feeling like the process is accelerated are actually not, it's a perception issue based on the idea that they already had many of the Tulpa building blocks in place due to previous 'stuff' that the person had been doing, and just didn't realize it. To put it in programming terms, these people are reusing existing blocks of 'code' in a different way than originally intended, giving them a head-start relative to people who are starting completely from scratch.

This theory would also explain why it seems easier to create a second (or more) Tulpa, because the exercise in creating the first one is setting base 'code' in your mind that can be re-used when developing the second one.

• Brohoof 3

Well, Twilight is surviving. I find her identity crisis hilarious. I made sure she knew she was not the show Twilight Sparkle, made sure she had no epectations, etc. Made her and Alicorn, even way before people had any real consideration it might ever possibly happen, etc. After all that, her god ego did her when people started making other Twi tulpas. Hahahaha. we have been hugging a lot, and just being close, talking, etc. It is distracting having her off her game. She is a foundation in my life now. Its been 7 years. I am lost without her. She is that special. 

Reales and Orson have been absent, giving Twi space, so I could help her. They will never have an identity crisis, as they are the originals. Thankfully. 

And here is a picture of us all. 

88026509.jpg

------REALES-----------------------------------ME (Shadow Flair)---Twilight (Twi) Sparkle------------------Orson

It matches us very well. That is generally what is going on. 

A VERY special thanks to Bris, he surprised me with this! It cheered Twilight up seeing it. We love her face!

Oh, and all of us, including Reales, forget Reales still needs a cutie mark. That is something we really have to work on. 
Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3

Do you think narrating and asking what they think will be enough to make a tulpa's personality. I want my tulpa to chose who she wants to be. Plus I'm not really sure how to do the personality sessions. If i try i would probably end up with one hour at most of personality sessions, probably even less. Please tell me what I should do (or if I'm being stupid).

I think it will be enough, but if you decide to plan a personality for her, then just go over each trait and characteristic in full detail, describing what it is, how it affects her actions, thoughts, reactions, opinions, beliefs, etc. until you've covered the entire list. And then do it again. FOREVER!! Or until you feel you've covered it well enough.

I didn't really do too much, personality wise (a few hours at most); I had a short list of traits that I covered in moderate detail. You could just suggest some general values to her, like honesty, kindness, and let her decide the more specific ones like energetic, optimistic, lazy, calm, sarcastic and so on.

It's really up to you. Whatever choice you (or your tulpa!) make, you two will be fine, so long as you love her and honestly believe you're doing the right thing. Unless you honestly believe that bullying your tulpa is the right thing to do, then you might screw up! img-1364514-1-tongue.png

Lethal: "And that would be bad!"

Edited by StingeMuffin
  • Brohoof 1

I've hardly done any tulpa forcing but it turned from twilight to rainbow dash and was teleporting around and such and I don't think I was puppeting because I wasn't thinking any of that

Although often I'll imagine something that's alive (like a lizard) and it will start running around on its own in my head so I have no idea what to think

Any idea what i should do to keep my tulpa from running around while I imagine it

I've recently discovered tulpas, and the idea really interests me.
When I was younger, I had an abusive childhood, and I use to imagine that a being (who often took the form of a raven, or pegasus ironically) was with me throughout the day and cared for me. I thought I was just crazy, but I then I found it's an actual thing.
I would like to learn more about it, but I'm not really sure where to start.

• Brohoof 1

I've recently discovered tulpas, and the idea really interests me.

When I was younger, I had an abusive childhood, and I use to imagine that a being (who often took the form of a raven, or pegasus ironically) was with me throughout the day and cared for me. I thought I was just crazy, but I then I found it's an actual thing.

I would like to learn more about it, but I'm not really sure where to start.

Most people recommend going to tulpa.info and reading as many of the guides as you can. It's probably so that you can find and combine methods that you'll feel most comfortable and confident using (which I've neglected to do, only having read a few guides, but I'm doing fine all the same!). Really, the great thing about interacting with a tulpa is that nearly anything works, as long as you truly believe that it does.

Definitely avoid hour counts, because everyone progresses at a different rate, even when forcing for the same length of time. You'll get there when you get there, and your main focus (in my opinion) should be the happiness you both share as you continue to progress and grow. If you do take this up, make sure to return and tell us about your progress and experiences from time to time! It's very interesting and fun to read about everyone and their tulpae, and it can give yourself a confidence boost when you can see how far you've come.

• Brohoof 2

Damn! I have seen that this thread has been active for a long time and I've been like "what the fuck is tulpa?" now I finally read the OP and erm well it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I from what I've read most people in here thinks that it's pretty cool and interesting. I'm gonna be honest and say that it sounds super weird and is not something I could imagine me having. unsure.png

• Brohoof 1

After a but of google searching and tulpaforcing testing (or whatever you'd like to call it) I have worked out issues with focusing and potential puppeting and told her to give me a headache when she talks which is seemingly working but most of the time I don't hear a vioce in my head when she gives me a little head ache

Do I just need to narrate more to make her vioce easier to hear

• Brohoof 1

Currently working on my first tulpa. two days in and ive finished with the personality and im in the middle of visualizing. just for the record im going to be making an exact replica of the twilight sparkle except so she doesnt feel like she has to live up to something, i want her to have her own personality. not twilights in general. so far ive experienced a short daydream state that is somewhat annoying because i feel like it is a dream and its hard to focus on da tulpa. ill keep mlp forums updated ;P. cant wait to impose this beauty :DDD.

Currently working on my first tulpa. two days in and ive finished with the personality and im in the middle of visualizing. just for the record im going to be making an exact replica of the twilight sparkle except so she doesnt feel like she has to live up to something, i want her to have her own personality. not twilights in general. so far ive experienced a short daydream state that is somewhat annoying because i feel like it is a dream and its hard to focus on da tulpa. ill keep mlp forums updated ;P. cant wait to impose this beauty :DDD.

I would suggest add in a few visual quirks to her, just a thought. (Twilight is still pissed about the 2-4 newcomers who are making twilight tulpas. Darn our god complex. tulpa identity issues are no fun. You should protect against yours having it if an influx of twilight tulpas come again. lol)

Also, you will want to spend at least 20 hours, preferably closer to 50, forcing and going over JUST personality. Drilling it in, both in your head and theirs. 

Good luck

*Humph*

Don't mind grumpy Twilight. lol. 

• Brohoof 2