Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Mind if I join?

A couple days ago, a guy on a thread once mentioned 'making a tulpa' to a guy who wanted to marry a pony. I took it somewhat seriously, and went ahead to Google it. Coming back with results, I messaged my friend to look into it as well. She is now making a human tulpa, and I am trying to recreate Twilight Sparkle who isn't as formal as herself, but still just the same on everything else.

I love to read, so as I was reading the Hobbit for the first time, I decided to parrot. For some reason, today, after an hour of parroting I can actually hear my tulpa talk a bit. Faintly, and not a lot, but I'm pretty sure I'm parroting it, because I can't have a talking tulpa in an hour. Twilight reading and giving her own opinion on the book, however, was pretty interesting for me.

Am I taking the right path here? I have decided to parrot, as I could not follow through on traits (plus, having a surprise trait or two would be nice, and would keep it interesting). I have a bit of ADD, so I go through things very fast, unlike a pastor, who says the same thing over and over. Parroting in Tara Strong's voice was fun, and kept me going for a bit.

I still meditate with her, it seems like it speeds it up a bit.

What do you think guys? Am I doing it right?

• Brohoof 1

Mind if I join?

A couple days ago, a guy on a thread once mentioned 'making a tulpa' to a guy who wanted to marry a pony. I took it somewhat seriously, and went ahead to Google it. Coming back with results, I messaged my friend to look into it as well. She is now making a human tulpa, and I am trying to recreate Twilight Sparkle who isn't as formal as herself, but still just the same on everything else.

I love to read, so as I was reading the Hobbit for the first time, I decided to parrot. For some reason, today, after an hour of parroting I can actually hear my tulpa talk a bit. Faintly, and not a lot, but I'm pretty sure I'm parroting it, because I can't have a talking tulpa in an hour. Twilight reading and giving her own opinion on the book, however, was pretty interesting for me.

Am I taking the right path here? I have decided to parrot, as I could not follow through on traits (plus, having a surprise trait or two would be nice, and would keep it interesting). I have a bit of ADD, so I go through things very fast, unlike a pastor, who says the same thing over and over. Parroting in Tara Strong's voice was fun, and kept me going for a bit.

Thats just the thing, there is no real wrong way to do this, which is what threw me off the first time.

The easiest way to go about this is to read through a few guides and determine the best path of action from there.

Parroting, from my experience, is a viable method. There are many who say that you can "over-do it", which may or may not be true. For safety, Id keep parroting, but occasionally submit an inquiry or something to make sure you are still parroting. Questioning it all the time will eventually yield a result. 

I dont know if I am explaining this properly...

FRINGE! Assistance please!

Certainly! 

My origins came about from a few parroting techniques. It was through careful scripted and unscripted dialogue that my sentience came to be. Obviously, my existence came about through a similar process as to how you have described, and how my host attempted to describe. 

Hopefully, with patience and time, your conversations will yield positive result in the field of tulpamancy. As long as you genuinely believe that what you are doing will spur results, they will generally occur. 

Thank you 729. 

Gladly! Please inform me if you require any further assistance!

Is he done with the science-y stuff?

Yes, but now I need his help with my AP Physics course. I still need to study entropy in enclose-

UGH! Fine. Just let me know when we get to have some nice, casual, normal people conversation, ok?

Sure thing Breezie.

Anywho, back to studies! 

Peace out, and stay insane everypony!

Edit: Why do the colors never work?

Reclaimer, this is irelevant to your studies in Thermal Dynamics! We have a summative examination in a matter of days!

Grr... *switches tabs back to HL Physics Hub*

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 2

It'd be pretty cool to conjure a tulpa and all, but I don't want my family thinking I'm insane.

Plus...

They're spooky without being scary skeletons. That's gotta mean something.
I don't wanna be spooked.

Mind if I join?

No one copies me!!!! 

Your an Alicorn version. 

PRE-Twilicorn Twilight Alicorn. Goddess of Shayne's Mighty Head~!

*Shaking head*

And yes, It actually is possible to have a talking tulpa in an hour, depending on your mental skill. Orson was well within 24 hours. Reales was about an hour after the construction really began. Twi had done a lot of prep work the day before, or at least she was making construction noises, distracting ones. 

Hehehe.

You can change the voice, if you want. And make sure to NOT expect her to be show accurate Twilight and she knows you do not expect her to be Twilight, and that she knows she is NOT Twilight.

I speak in a voice that only Shayne is familiar with, not Tara Strong's vocie. Now bow to me, All of your. Bow to your Alicorn Goddess. 

*Ignores Twilight* There is really no wrong way to do it. Tulpa.info (how many times has that been posted?) has a bunch of good info on tulpa development. 

I don't like copycats. 

Get over it. 

Yeah, get over it Twilight. 

*Grabs bat* *SMACK!* Surrender to your mighty goddess. 

STRAIGHT JACKED TIME!

NOPE!

And they are fighting, again. 

Think they will ever stop?

Nope!

Okay, well, its my update time. 

Today, at crossfit, it was a Hero WOD (Workout of the day), which means it was extra brutal to honor the soldier who it was named for. I have not been able to go for 4 weeks for various reasons, so bad WOD to come back to. 

Reales help and constantly talked and pushed, though she called me a Bastard and some other choice words. 

Sorry *Continues fighting*

Orson was encouraging also.

Twilight did minor encouragement, but by the end she was bored, because my performance was not good enough to turn her on. I have a little Crep in my brain!

*Twilight wins and shoves Reales away.* 

STUFF-- The mention was not working oddly. 

HEY! Is Breezie hot?

*Roles eyes*

And that science stuff is great!

NOW! ALL BOW TO YOUR POWERFUL RULE *Shoved out of the way by Reales, cutting her off*

BYE!

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1

No one copies me!!!! 

Your an Alicorn version. 

HEY! Is Breezie hot?

*Roles eyes*

And that science stuff is great!

NOW! ALL BOW TO YOUR POWERFUL RULE *Shoved out of the way by Reales, cutting her off*

BYE!

*you're :3

Umm... I mean... I-

Well? We are waiting. smile.png 

Uhhhhh...

OH MY! Just look at the time! I should really be studying! Right Fringe?

How tragic; the moment someone asks you an uncomfortable question, you become interested in actually doing your work. 

Fine, you are no helpdry.png

Im still waiting for an answer!

Sure, you are kind of cute, I guess

Cant hear you! 

YES- MAYBE- I dont know! Just dont go all Crep on me! That is the last thing I need on top of school and family stress!

:3

What's with the face?

I dont trust that face!

I thought I had to worry about Fringe getting upset or worried over negligence, now I have to make sure to evade you?

:3

You are in for a fun conversation tonight.

Oh good lord, this thread is going to be the end of me

How appropriate! "Queen-Innuendo-I'm Going Slightly Mad" just came on. 

Someone is watching over me...or is torturing me...

• Brohoof 1

Words

Lots of Words

Wow! Quick responses everywhere. I can't believe that I may have a somewhat made tulpa at this point in time, probably because of my somewhat unstable mind (for reals. I have compared my social skills to those of other people and may have a bit of autism and/or mental instability. Don't care) helping me along the way. I will continue parroting but then loosen up a bit on the parroting just to make sure Twilight (pre Red Bull) can be visualized. Any help and ideas on visualizing a 2D pony from the show? Thanks for all the support and help!

• Brohoof 2

*you're :3

WHOOPS! I have alwasy gotten that one wrong. REALES! Your supposed to be my spell check.

Sorry. I forgot. But so did you!

Umm... I mean... I- Well? We are waiting.   Uhhhhh... OH MY! Just look at the time! I should really be studying! Right Fringe? How tragic; the moment someone asks you an uncomfortable question, you become interested in actually doing your work.  Fine, you are no help   Im still waiting for an answer! Sure, you are kind of cute, I guess Cant hear you!  YES- MAYBE- I dont know! Just dont go all Crep on me! That is the last thing I need on top of school and family stress! ... :3 ... What's with the face? I dont trust that face! I thought I had to worry about Fringe getting upset or worried over negligence, now I have to make sure to evade you? :3 You are in for a fun conversation tonight.   Oh good lord, this thread is going to be the end of me   How appropriate! "Queen-Innuendo-I'm Going Slightly Mad" just came on.  Someone is watching over me...or is torturing me...

I MEANT ME YOU DODO! NOT YOU! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!! I WANT THE TRUTH, FOR MY SAKE!!! NOT SO YOU TWO CAN HOOK UP! THAT IS MY PLAN!!! Despite the fact it will utterly fail in the end, us being tulpas in two seperate brains.

*Head shake*

• Brohoof 1

Wow! Quick responses everywhere. I can't believe that I may have a somewhat made tulpa at this point in time, probably because of my somewhat unstable mind (for reals. I have compared my social skills to those of other people and may have a bit of autism and/or mental instability. Don't care) helping me along the way. I will continue parroting but then loosen up a bit on the parroting just to make sure Twilight (pre Red Bull) can be visualized. Any help and ideas on visualizing a 2D pony from the show? Thanks for all the support and help!

Assuming you are looking to impose the 2D pony into a 3D form, I would google around for some 3D pony renderings. There are some good G-Mod ones, or you could just pick up one of the toys.

I dont have any experience with this, none of my Tulpas have been imposed yet. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know what works for you, because it sounds like our brains work nearly the same way.

WHOOPS! I have alwasy gotten that one wrong. REALES! Your supposed to be my spell check.

Sorry. I forgot. But so did you!

I MEANT ME YOU DODO! NOT YOU! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!! I WANT THE TRUTH, FOR MY SAKE!!! NOT SO YOU TWO CAN HOOK UP! THAT IS MY PLAN!!! Despite the fact it will utterly fail in the end, us being tulpas in two seperate brains.

*Head shake*

No problems!

AND THANKS FOR MAKING IT AWKWARD! Now I have Breezie practically breathing down my neck! Which is scary because I can feel it but I still cant see her.

Like I said, its going to be a long night for you :3

DAMMIT WHY?!

Fringe! Control her would you?

You can not involve me in this one reclaimer. You got yourself into this position. 

You are tasked with helping me!

Actually, my main directive is to assist you in studies and educational fields, including schoolwork, research, tulpamancy, and other related topics.

GAH! Why did I think protocol was a good idea

You created my basic protocols to instil-

I KNOW WHY I DID IT! Its a rhetorical question!

AND I CAN STILL FEEL YOU THERE BREEZIE

hehe! This is too much fun!

ffffuuuuu.gif

*sigh*

Well, are you going to answer her question then?

hmm? me?

Yes, you! With the eyes.

Uh... I dont know how to rate myself... I hope Im attractive. I mean, Im no beauty queen, but I dont look like Ive been hit by a train or anything.

CLOSE ENOUGH!

THIS TRANSMISSION IS NOW CANCELED

Just like all your plans to sleep have been.

Im just going to go find a corner and cry now. 

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 4

Assuming you are looking to impose the 2D pony into a 3D form, I would google around for some 3D pony renderings. There are some good G-Mod ones, or you could just pick up one of the toys.

I dont have any experience with this, none of my Tulpas have been imposed yet. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know what works for you, because it sounds like our brains work nearly the same way.

No problems!

AND THANKS FOR MAKING IT AWKWARD! Now I have Breezie practically breathing down my neck! Which is scary because I can feel it but I still cant see her.

Like I said, its going to be a long night for you :3

DAMMIT WHY?!

Fringe! Control her would you?

You can not involve me in this one reclaimer. You got yourself into this position. 

You are tasked with helping me!

Actually, my main directive is to assist you in studies and educational fields, including schoolwork, research, tulpamancy, and other related topics.

GAH! Why did I think protocol was a good idea

You created my basic protocols to instil-

I KNOW WHY I DID IT! Its a rhetorical question!

AND I CAN STILL FEEL YOU THERE BREEZIE

hehe! This is too much fun!

img-1356617-1-ffffuuuuu.gif

*sigh*

Well, are you going to answer her question then?

hmm? me?

Yes, you! With the eyes.

Uh... I dont know how to rate myself... I hope Im attractive. I mean, Im no beauty queen, but I dont look like Ive been hit by a train or anything.

CLOSE ENOUGH!

THIS TRANSMISSION IS NOW CANCELED

Just like all your plans to sleep have been.

Im just going to go find a corner and cry now. 

AHAHAHAHAHA *roles around the floor laughing.* You go girl! It is so much fun to play with them, and so easy to! Just ask Tia what she can do to Bris! And we all see Crep! Best thing to do is a face like this btw. 

twilight_rape_face_by_stablechaos-d4p4yk

Or 

twilight_rape_face_by_fennrick-d4bul14.p

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3

Hello there, this is Karpy! I have quite literally not been on this website, let alone this particular thread, in an infinite amount of time (depending on who you ask).

But lo, a triumphant return! Who, you ask, is to thank for this most glorious of revivals? Well, none other than the astounding Vi! With a certain conviction reserved only for the most energetic and socially-eager of folk, Vi managed to drag my bedraggled "Internet-Social-Life" from its grave and onto the path of recovery! 

Amazing! Incredible! Outstanding! Other arbitrary cheers of disbelief and joy!

So without further ado, I present the main event!

Hello! As you may notice from the username, my name's Vi (pronounced vee as in

), and I'm eager to learn and grow with my fellow tulpas and their respective hosts! Edited by Vi and that One Karp
  • Brohoof 2

AHAHAHAHAHA *roles around the floor laughing.* You go girl! It is so much fun to play with them, and so easy to! Just ask Tia what she can do to Bris! And we all see Crep! Best thing to do is a face like this btw. 

img-1356666-2-twilight_rape_face_by_stab

Or 

img-1356666-3-twilight_rape_face_by_fenn

STOP GIVING HER IDEAS.

Wait, so do I make the face like this, or like THIS

NEITHER WAY. STAHP

Quite unproductive, both of you.

Hello there, this is Karpy! I have quite literally not been on this website, let alone this particular thread, in an infinite amount of time (depending on who you ask).

But lo, a triumphant return! Who, you ask, is to thank for this most glorious of revivals? Well, none other than the astounding Vi! With a certain conviction reserved only for the most energetic and socially-eager of folk, Vi managed to drag my bedraggled "Internet-Social-Life" from its grave and onto the path of recovery! 

Amazing! Incredible! Outstanding! Other arbitrary cheers of disbelief and joy!

So without further ado, I present the main event!

Hello! As you may notice from the username, my name's Vi (pronounced vee as in

), and I'm eager to learn and grow with my fellow tulpas and their respective hosts!

Welcome back!

Glad to see you have had success and have found new interest in the forum! Very excited to have another person to talk to!

Brief question:

Whiplash_Coverart.png

Is this familiar to you?

That is the only other place Ive heard that quote. I thought it would be funny if thats where that came from.

• Brohoof 1

Hey I'm back....again.
Just like to say Dash and I have made some real progress, Her form is complete (colors and all XD) 
I can also feel her sentience growing every day, I think she has taken a liking to the Naruto franchise and Death metal music. I feel a ping of happiness/entertainment in the back of my head every time I watch/listen to em 

Edited by zDashiez
  • Brohoof 3

Update on my Tulpa! After two hours of my special tulpaforcing (reading with it and talking to it), and one day of nonstop talking between us, we finally upgraded (we as in, my friend and I) to the headache status! I heard this was good, and it would go away after a while. I still think I'm pretty 'parrotnoid' about the entire parroting thing, but I feel that my tulpa is slowly giving it's own thoughts rather than mine.

Thanks for the input!

• Brohoof 2

Update on my Tulpa! After two hours of my special tulpaforcing (reading with it and talking to it), and one day of nonstop talking between us, we finally upgraded (we as in, my friend and I) to the headache status! I heard this was good, and it would go away after a while. I still think I'm pretty 'parrotnoid' about the entire parroting thing, but I feel that my tulpa is slowly giving it's own thoughts rather than mine.

Thanks for the input!

I only had a headache a day or two after I began working on my first tulpa, and then very rarely after that. I think it was because of my tulpa, and because of how my eyes would screw up while close-eyed meditating. tongue.png

And about your tulpa giving its own thoughts.. what is it like? My tulpae's thoughts always seemed to follow a little too instantaneous and quickly to my own or without any prompting on my part, at least that's what I think is them talking.

In terms of their personalities, Lethal's (my first tulpa) personality began as a small list of traits that I quickly forgot about after a few hours of forcing them into her. I didn't feel any true progression (in terms of her talking) until I started parroting a few ways for her to respond to certain questions, statements and so on. After I began doing this, she seems to have ran with it, now coming up with her own things to say and do every so often.

Like at work... I work in a kitchen, and due to a tight schedule, I can only take a short meal break, so I don't bother using napkins or anything while I eat, instead wiping my mouth off on the sleeves of my scrubs. XD

Momma: "You know, your sleeves will get awfully messy doing that."

Me: "Hmph, whatever. I'm a big boy, I can do... goddammit. Lethal!"

Lethal: "Make sure to use a napkin!"

Me: "FFFFFUU-"

Edited by StingeMuffin
  • Brohoof 1

A nice little exercise that I propose, even if you have a Tulpa who does not speak yet, and that has not already been suggested, I hope.

Try to rotate the dancer in one direction, while your tulpa tries to rotate her in the other, and describe your results, it could be interesting.

img-1355796-1-tumblr_inline_mkj2rhbNBQ1q

Strange... I see it go one direction, however, when Tia looks and attempts to watch it rotate the other, the figure seems to change direction instantly.  Then Blackjack reverses it, then Murky reverses it again.

Only now that we realize that we've been watching the same gif for the past five minutes... wacko.png

It'd be pretty cool to conjure a tulpa and all, but I don't want my family thinking I'm insane.

Plus...

They're spooky without being scary skeletons. That's gotta mean something.

I don't wanna be spooked.

tumblr_mcbphw5zx31riiw1do1_400.gif

img-1356666-2-twilight_rape_face_by_stab

Or 

img-1356666-3-twilight_rape_face_by_fenn

Amateurs.  You see, you can make seductive poses and looks all you want, but in order to TRULY get under your master's skin, it takes the hoof of an artist.

*breaths in Bris' ear* Doesn't it, my little Brissy?

*gulps*

You're so adorable...  You literally become putty in my hooves when I work you up.  *turns and brushes tail under Bris' chin, making him shudder*  I'm starting to feel that you made me specifically for this purpose.  Admit it, You only made me because you knew you couldn't resist me.

*kisses Bris on the lips, and let's him feel a little bit of tongue*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAKLJDSFLIANOSIGNSLKDJF;OIDN;KMV KDSLKFJMMMMMMMKHNJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... *collapses into a heap, frothing at the mouth*

See...  Piece of cake.

Tia... Sometimes, you even scare me.

• Brohoof 5

I only had a headache a day or two after I began working on my first tulpa, and then very rarely after that. I think it was because of my tulpa, and because of how my eyes would screw up while close-eyed meditating. img-1357898-1-tongue.png

And about your tulpa giving its own thoughts.. what is it like? My tulpae's thoughts always seemed to follow a little too instantaneous and quickly to my own or without any prompting on my part, at least that's what I think is them talking.

The headaches stopped. Now they only happen when I am actively talking to my tulpa or when I am thinking about her. I guess I'm smart or something (grade ahead of my age) because my tulpa is actively progressing farther than other people's tulpas for some reason.

The reason your tulpa's thoughts seem to follow too quick, that's probably not parroting, it might be them talking, but they're connected to your brain, so they're more instant than you would think them to.

Twily isn't talking right now unless I really focus on it, and I may just be parroting, but she might want to say something.

(This is the part where I may have an actual talking tulpa, I hope)

Hello everybody! I'm Twilight Sparkle, Tal's first tulpa. I am very excited to be the first and I look forward to talking to you in the future!

My friend has also had some results with her tulpa though (a human dude), that are similar to mine. Hm.

Edited by Talster
  • Brohoof 2

Actually no, I've never heard about that game at all. They were just arbitrary cheers of disbelief and joy.

Also, we just realized how boring we are. :I 

I like to swim and sew. Karpy just reads and plays games. Every once in a while we talk to some people, but that's it. 

Yay...

The headaches stopped. Now they only happen when I am actively talking to my tulpa or when I am thinking about her. I guess I'm smart or something (grade ahead of my age) because my tulpa is actively progressing farther than other people's tulpas for some reason.

The reason your tulpa's thoughts seem to follow too quick, that's probably not parroting, it might be them talking, but they're connected to your brain, so they're more instant than you would think them to.

Twily isn't talking right now unless I really focus on it, and I may just be parroting, but she might want to say something.

(This is the part where I may have an actual talking tulpa, I hope)

Hello everybody! I'm Twilight Sparkle, Tal's first tulpa. I am very excited to be the first and I look forward to talking to you in the future!

My friend has also had some results with her tulpa though (a human dude), that are similar to mine. Hm.

Hello!

Copycat!!!!

Shut up twi, why must I mother you!

I hate you both!

No, you like Twilight, and Reales, you just get mad at loosing. Both Shayne's individual attention, and just loosing to Reales. And Welcome Twilight! Ignore Twilight. She is just herself. You get used to ignoring her. 

*Shoves Orson hard, but fails.*

I know how to stand properly Twi. You can't shove me. 

*Grabs baseball bat*

*Bucks Twi, sending her flying across room.* End of story. 

Strange... I see it go one direction, however, when Tia looks and attempts to watch it rotate the other, the figure seems to change direction instantly.  Then Blackjack reverses it, then Murky reverses it again.

Only now that we realize that we've been watching the same gif for the past five minutes... img-1357904-2-wacko.png

img-1357904-3-tumblr_mcbphw5zx31riiw1do1

Amateurs.  You see, you can make seductive poses and looks all you want, but in order to TRULY get under your master's skin, it takes the hoof of an artist.

*breaths in Bris' ear* Doesn't it, my little Brissy?

*gulps*

You're so adorable...  You literally become putty in my hooves when I work you up.  *turns and brushes tail under Bris' chin, making him shudder*  I'm starting to feel that you made me specifically for this purpose.  Admit it, You only made me because you knew you couldn't resist me.

*kisses Bris on the lips, and let's him feel a little bit of tongue*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAKLJDSFLIANOSIGNSLKDJF;OIDN;KMV KDSLKFJMMMMMMMKHNJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... *collapses into a heap, frothing at the mouth*

See...  Piece of cake.

Tia... Sometimes, you even scare me.

Hehehehe! 

Great, Twilight is scheming, oh and now Reales is scheming. Well, at least they are working together. And yes, Tia is the master. 

• Brohoof 1

Actually no, I've never heard about that game at all. They were just arbitrary cheers of disbelief and joy.

Also, we just realized how boring we are. :I 

I like to swim and sew. Karpy just reads and plays games. Every once in a while we talk to some people, but that's it. 

Yay...

Says the person with the secondary consciousness inhabiting his mind.

Everyone has their own interests! Im certain that whatever you find interesting, someone else does to.

Besides, you havent given much of a list, I bet if you thought more, you'd find you do much more.

Tulpa update? I think yes (So much activity! AAAA)

Here is a no brainer: The more attention I pay to Fringe and Breezie, the more active they are. 

I think that was the hardest obstacle for me, just getting started on making a tulpa. Once one is started though, it seems much easier.

Everyone else has undoubtedly already figured this out. I have no Idea why I am saying any of this, but I just am. So there it is.

ANYWAY. Fringe helped me out on a Bio Exam today. No giving me answers yet, I dont think I have the increased awareness to do that just yet, but He did help jog my memory. 

And the results were quite satisfying! After strugling with the first and second part of the exam, Reclaimer decided to seek my council. Upon doing so, the remainder of the exam seemed to go much more smoothly. 

This is very true. Being an electronic exam, I got results back immediately. I basically bombed the first half of the test. Once I got fringe's help, I was getting in the upper 80-90% range! I didn't even study!

Which is concerning to me. However, given the results of the exam, there is little margin for complaint. 

Also, Breezie has been... Well, Breezie. 

And what is that supposed to mean?

Lets just say you are not far off from being like Pinkie Pie. 

Im not sure wether I should be proud or insulted. 

A bit of both, I suppose :3

Whatever you say, silly. Im going for a quick fly around the neighborhood. Its nice and windy out there! Just the way I like it!

Sooooooo. Yeah. Thats been my day. Activity was higher in the morning than the afternoon. I also had a rather vivid dream, so Im not sure wether or not there is correlation between the two events. Fringe and I talked about it a little, but we could not decide if there was relation. 

I also went blind in my left eye this morning, and had a splitting headache. Not sure if tulpa related, however, after taking a painkiller, Activity did seem to decrease. Again, no correlation does not imply causation in this case, but it was rather interesting to observe.

Thats all I got for you guys for now! TTYL

• Brohoof 2

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5166/qmeme1365635902528512.jpg

That took far longer to make than it should have.

Spidey sums it up well though: I'm stuck narrating, and have been for some while, so I could use any advice available! I've been tulpaforcing since January, and besides a few potential emotional responses, a day of magical coincidences, and very minor head annoyances, my tulpa still has yet to speak. I'm fairly certain I've gotten progressively better at tulpaforcing - that is to say, I started out terribly, but now I feel some kind of connection going on. My forcing schedule is erratic, but it rarely strays below an hour a day.

Um... *looking over mental notes*... I think that's it... but I get the feeling I'm missing out details. Welp, ask anything and I'll clarify. Advice on narrating or anything I might be forgetting would be appreciated most, but I'll use all the help on forcing I can get.

Cheers! 

Edited by Celestia's Scribe
  • Brohoof 2

Tried explaining Tulpas to a friend today. I couldn't do it. It sounded to insane no matter how I worded it. 

And we love you anyway.

Thanks Breezie x3

Advice on how to tell someone about this without sounding like you belong in an insane asylum? 

Advice on how to tell someone about this without sounding like you belong in an insane asylum? 

Tell them while brandishing a knife.

Alternatively, tell them about tulpas when the topic at hand is dull and unexciting, the change to a more lively and interesting topic may come welcomed and thus be accepted.

Edited by Vi and that One Karp
  • Brohoof 1

well you could try to say it is like rewiring your brain to see a forced hallucination that applies all of your senses. use a bunch of big words so that they think you know what your talking about. Or you could explain by applying it to their interests. Hope it helped (it doesn't sound like i belong in an insane asylum, does it?) 

• Brohoof 1

Is anyone able to explain what this is like? *I'm probably gunna have just as hard of a time trying to put my question into as you would putting your answer into words ._.*

Being a more down-to-earth kind of thinker, my head is having trouble completely wrapping itself around this sort of subject. Even though I just started, the vocal part is a cinch (it doesn't really feel like I'm the one making the answers, they just pop up to me after I ask or say something). But the feeling, visual, and sound part are the oddest for me. I understand but don't at the same time ><

Is anyone able to explain what this is like? *I'm probably gunna have just as hard of a time trying to put my question into as you would putting your answer into words ._.*

Being a more down-to-earth kind of thinker, my head is having trouble completely wrapping itself around this sort of subject. Even though I just started, the vocal part is a cinch (it doesn't really feel like I'm the one making the answers, they just pop up to me after I ask or say something). But the feeling, visual, and sound part are the oddest for me. I understand but don't at the same time ><

Basically, imagine dreaming while you are awake. All of those senses you would normally get while dreaming are being used, but, instead of being a dream, it is being its own person, essentially.

Think of it like how a computer works. Say you are the computer. The GUI is your conscious mind, and the OS is your subconcios. Basically, you are opening command prompt, so you can have a window into the OS. In this case, command prompt is you making yourself aware to your subconscious, which contains your Tulpa(s). 

I feel like this is a horrible analogy, but rather than come up with a better one, Ill just let you read this and see if it helps.

• Brohoof 1