mega thread How are you feeling?

Rift enchanted

Very happy, wishing to make tihs day into another productive one for myself and @Ice Princess Silky

It's been a month of me being in USA already and I am so glad I came here. I feel like our life is finally blossoming <3 Even if for now it is a little busy too :please:

• smile 3
  • Hugs 1

I feel melted. 38 Cº... 100,4 Fahrenheit. I only can sleep at day because my AC is so noisy my neighbors don't want me to use it at night. Aside from that, I feel great.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

6 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

Slightly peeved, waiting for the gardener guy. Come on hurry up! :unamused:

And soon as I typed that he arrived...

He hath heard the call and hath been summoned! :love:

• Delighted Giggle 2
  • smile 1

I don't know how I feel. Maybe I'm a little sleepy because last night a car got stuck near my house. I woke up because of a loud engine noise. The car was able to get out of the off-road only after 20 minutes. Then I tried to fall asleep for an hour. I don't know when I'll be able to sleep normally!

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

(edited)

I'm feeling quite upset right now. I did exceptionally well in my last interview for an Operations Manager role. I was excited to be invited to the third round before the second interview ended.

Spoiler

Everything seemed perfect: the job description initially offered a competitive salary, and the location was just ten minutes away from my home. However, things took a turn for the worse at the end of the second interview.

I was informed of the actual salary, which was significantly lower than my previous management job during the training period, and it’s non-negotiable for two years under a contract. This was the first major red flag. They mentioned that I "would have a chance to negotiate for a higher salary" after the training period, but it's hard to believe when they are already lowballing from the start.

To make matters worse, the training location is not the one ten minutes away from me but 500+ miles up north, lasting 2-3 months. The training involves working B2B and traveling 25% of the time to client locations, which are 10-50 miles away from the training site. After completing the training, I would be relocated to either another place hundreds of miles away or a completely different state, with no clear information until the training ends.

When I asked about accommodations, they seemed unprepared and mentioned that no one had ever asked about it before, which I found odd given the significant relocation involved. They eventually offered hotel accommodations but provided no further details. They wanted me to set up the third interview with the district manager nearby within 24 hours, despite the training being 500+ miles away. This felt suspicious and inconsistent.

Normally, I would have suspected a scam right away, but this job was recommended by my graduate program, and I was informed that other alumni worked there. The hiring manager promised more details but has been unresponsive since earlier in the week, despite my follow-ups. I've realized now that these people have wasted my time.

I'm trying to keep my chin up and move forward from this.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
editing the editing the editing
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 3

(edited)

I feel a bit shocked. It turns out that the new priest of my church (catholic) was a sexual abuser of minors and is now uncovered. I was doing some voluntary service with him and he tried some things I didn't like that he was telling me other people are bad and some manipulative shitand pusshy stuff...  I quit but now I think he was traying to manipulate me, beacuse now I know he was like a Sect Leader and minor sexual Abuser... 3 Years as an Acolyte in the Catholic church and my experience is awful. I tried other religions, but it's the same as all the people who move money.

Before him, there was a Comunist priest that was harassing women, an hypocrite an a egomaniac...

Bye Bye religions. Spirituality yes, religions no.

Edited by Arrlong28
Typo
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

Well... I feel less shocked now but I miss prayers, mystical music, art... There's a lot of bad things but also a lot of good. I'm feeling a bit like I miss something. But due to all mi conditions I cannot be a Franciscan Friar, or a monk, or an ermit... I'm a bit disapointed. Praying in nature and helping other people was what I wanted since the Covid pandemic. But buying things, figures and stuff... It's very mundane. It,s like I want to buy a void in my soul. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 4

I'm doing better today than yesterday. I have a nasty kidney stone doing its little dance in my nethers, and it was causing some real discomfort, including chills, exhaustion and the constant need to visit the water closet. That was yesterday, but today it seems to have settled into a better spot so I can live more normally today, and it feels much better. So I’m a happy camper at the moment.  

• Shocked 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 6

Bad. Very very bad. Today, my mother and I went to the laundromat to, of course, do laundry. She needed help this time because of her recent partial hysterectomy. I didn't mind helping her. What really broke me was her constant yelling at everything I did. I started to move slower because I wanted to make sure I did things right. She yelled at me for moving too slowly and called me a snail. I started rushing because I was scared she would yell at me even more. I'm trying not to cry right now but it's so hard to keep from falling apart. I'm not trying to be a bad daughter, so I'll try not to cry. I help all of the time. I'm always respectful and kind. What did I do wrong?

It's so hard to think positively with the incessant yelling at me. Everything I do is wrong. I'm sure if she saw me crying, she'd say, "stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about." I just want to go back to school. I want summer break to be over already. Yes, I understand that she's been through surgery due to fibroids. I just wish she'd stop getting so mad at me for small things. Obviously, I always forgive her when she apologizes. Now, I just feel like she's apologizing just to do so. No, she didn't apologize this time. I don't know, maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Whoever the user is reading this might be thinking this is no reason to get upset. You're probably right.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 6

7 hours ago, Interstellar Sketch said:

Bad. Very very bad. Today, my mother and I went to the laundromat to, of course, do laundry. She needed help this time because of her recent partial hysterectomy. I didn't mind helping her. What really broke me was her constant yelling at everything I did. I started to move slower because I wanted to make sure I did things right. She yelled at me for moving too slowly and called me a snail. I started rushing because I was scared she would yell at me even more. I'm trying not to cry right now but it's so hard to keep from falling apart. I'm not trying to be a bad daughter, so I'll try not to cry. I help all of the time. I'm always respectful and kind. What did I do wrong?

It's so hard to think positively with the incessant yelling at me. Everything I do is wrong. I'm sure if she saw me crying, she'd say, "stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about." I just want to go back to school. I want summer break to be over already. Yes, I understand that she's been through surgery due to fibroids. I just wish she'd stop getting so mad at me for small things. Obviously, I always forgive her when she apologizes. Now, I just feel like she's apologizing just to do so. No, she didn't apologize this time. I don't know, maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Whoever the user is reading this might be thinking this is no reason to get upset. You're probably right.

That is realy bad, maybe she's very frustrated because she really doesn't to go through this surgery, yet that doesn't justify her having to yell at you everytime when you're just trying to help, I wonder, would she rather have your company or be alone?

I really hope the situation improves for you, I'll pray to the Stary Gods to help you ☆

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Feeling sad on this first full day without @Ice Princess Silky :worry:  

15 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I'm doing better today than yesterday. I have a nasty kidney stone doing its little dance in my nethers, and it was causing some real discomfort, including chills, exhaustion and the constant need to visit the water closet. That was yesterday, but today it seems to have settled into a better spot so I can live more normally today, and it feels much better. So I’m a happy camper at the moment.  

3 and a half years ago, I also had a kidney stone.  Going to the restroom was impossible until IV and medication got to treating it.  Hopes that you have better days @Dreambiscuit:awed:  

I wonder how @Rafa Stary is feeling?  

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 3

10 hours ago, Interstellar Sketch said:

I’m really sorry you had to go through that. I dealt with a similar situation last year with both of my parents being hospitalized. It’s understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed and hurt by your mother’s reaction, especially when you’re just trying to help and be supportive. You’re doing your best, and it’s not easy to deal with constant criticism when you’re already putting so much effort into helping out.

It's okay to feel upset and to cry—it doesn’t make you a bad daughter or mean that you’re being overly sensitive. Everyone has limits, and it's important to acknowledge your feelings and take care of your own well-being. Your feelings are valid, and it's important to find moments to care for yourself, even when things are difficult at home.

Your mother’s behavior might be influenced by her stress and pain from her surgery, but that doesn’t excuse the hurtful way she’s treating you. You’re showing great strength and empathy by continuing to support her despite the challenging circumstances. Remember that your needs and feelings are important too, and it’s okay to seek support or take a step back when you need to.

If it feels safe and possible, perhaps you could gently express how her words and actions are affecting you. Sometimes, having an open and honest conversation, even in the midst of difficulty, can help both of you understand each other better.

Please be kind to yourself and remember that it’s okay to seek support from friends, counselors, or anyone you trust if you need it. You’re doing a lot, and your feelings matter.

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 2

4 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

3 and a half years ago, I also had a kidney stone.  Going to the restroom was impossible until IV and medication got to treating it.  Hopes that you have better days @Dreambiscuit:awed:  

Don’t worry about me, Zigg. I’ve had many kidney stones and the first few were the really bad ones. Those, like the one you mentioned, are the worst because the body wasn’t acclimated to them yet. No kidney stone is fun, but they do get easier to handle over time in many cases. Right now I feel fine.

13 hours ago, Interstellar Sketch said:

I am so sorry for your pain @Interstellar Sketch. People who are undergoing medical procedures have a lot to deal with but it’s not a legitimate excuse to be mean unless they’re in so much pain they have no control over their faculties, which doesn’t sound like the case here. Okay, so we can forgive this because it’s important to forgive always, and I’m glad you have such a forgiving and understanding nature. That’s your great strength and you should always practice it. But that doesn’t make your pain any less acute and I’m truly sorry for this. As @Starlight Serenade said, it’s good to seek support from others if you can. What you’re doing is the stuff that saints are made of; facing adversity with love and compassion even when it’s painful for you. And while the difficulty will pass, the rewards will stay with you forever. Think of us as being there with you when things get rough, because we truly are in spirit. 

• smile 1
  • Hugs 6

I'm feeling tired and unsatisfied.

Tired after several hours of driving.

Unsatisfied cuz wanted to draw today but left my sketchbook home. I bought new in local store, but feel too tired to do anything with it. Seems I just need a rest to fix everything.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 4