Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Pony Drawings

Spenceboy98

I have been drawing ponies or a little while, and I think I have made some progress from when I have started.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

I've actually gotten better at drawing than this^.

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

I think I've even gotten better.

My OC:

Posted Image

UPDATE: I added more angles to the OC you just saw.

Posted Image

Also, here is another OC:

Posted Image

Her name is Black Sword. She is awesome. Also, here is some funnies for you:

Posted Image

Love it no major flaws in the newer variant, assuming the curved ears are intentional.

-If you're drawing a furline (can't think of a better word) above the hooves, angle it, so that there's more exposure at the front of the hoof

Love it no major flaws in the newer variant, assuming the curved ears are intentional.

-If you're drawing a furline (can't think of a better word) above the hooves, angle it, so that there's more exposure at the front of the hoof

I will. The ears were intentional.

First off, please. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE, don't turn images on their sides. It just makes it difficult to view.

Yes, you definitely improved on your skills from the first piece to the next, and the others posted after. If you'd like to get better improvements, I'd recommend practicing on single areas of the body. Start with the eyes since they not only tend to be great in variety and interest, but is the main component on how one views emotions on a figure.

First off, please. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE, don't turn images on their sides. It just makes it difficult to view.

Yes, you definitely improved on your skills from the first piece to the next, and the others posted after. If you'd like to get better improvements, I'd recommend practicing on single areas of the body. Start with the eyes since they not only tend to be great in variety and interest, but is the main component on how one views emotions on a figure.

I will try that,but first, here's another pic:

Posted Image

It's definitely a much cleaner picture than the previous ones, and I see you're using colors now too.

I think I like the wording the most here. Although it needs some work, it's nice to see someone actually trying to create their own letters in due with their work rather than a copy/paste from a word document.

As for the pony, here's some tips to improve here -

Try curving out the back, then round out near the hind quarter near the leg.

Same with the front, but opposite. Curve inwards from neck line and outwards to form stomach.

Male ponies generally have a flatter nose that points outwards more.

Try to make circular white lights to the eyes and place in the general direction from where a light source is being directed and pointed towards where the pony is looking.

Finally, when it comes to coloring (for ponies mostly) the outline of the pony is usually never black; try a darker color of where the body is touching the outside line. E.G.your brown hair could have a darker brown outline.

This may seem like a lot of things to be pointed out, and it may look like I'm nitpicking, but I really am not. Just trying to help out someone, you in particular, progress in your articulate skills and to do that we start small with small corrections.

Finally, when it comes to coloring (for ponies mostly) the outline of the pony is usually never black; try a darker color of where the body is touching the outside line. E.G.your brown hair could have a darker brown outline.

I knew that, but I was being lazy with the colors. Thanks for all the advice.

• 10 months later...

*SUPER NECRO BUMP*

I have made some improvements(and I have found that I am better at drawing face shots).

2incjc.jpg

I doodled it in class. :P

Also, I pixeled it and it is now my profile picture. :D

wow that is a huge improvement.

I have tried a couple attempts at pony art and the second time i definatly improved. Where do you learn to draw them or do you practice.

Problem is I dont get round to it enough. Maybe I should force my self to practice pony art everyday lol. It would be useful for me because I have started a deviantart for my pony wallpapers and I think drawing/graphics are the best form of pony art for me.

So any tips on learning?

wow that is a huge improvement.

I have tried a couple attempts at pony art and the second time i definatly improved. Where do you learn to draw them or do you practice.

Problem is I dont get round to it enough. Maybe I should force my self to practice pony art everyday lol. It would be useful for me because I have started a deviantart for my pony wallpapers and I think drawing/graphics are the best form of pony art for me.

So any tips on learning?

I just doodle now and then when I am bored. I guess practice makes it better over time(you can tell from my improvements :P ). Thanks!