What if it was the aircraft of friendship embassador instead of the school of friendship?

Sepul-Coloratura

What would it be if Twilight built the aircraft of friendship embassadors and spread friendship outside Equesteia instead of making the school of friendship?

How would the entire season change and how would they balance Ponyville episodes with the Mane Six in it? How would the school of friendship episodes change?

I think every school of friendship / student six episodes could be replaced with episodes visiting different kingdoms like The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone or Gauntlet of Fire. This is the idea that the movie barely touched and it could be even better than the movie. They would recruit new members from different kingdoms they visit (they still could be Yona, Gallus etc.). This way, thay would keep making new friends every episode and it completely matches the theme! The whole season could be like friendship trek. Different profound characters would have more dynamics and chemistries, writers could be more imaginative about writing stories in a whole different settings, they could explore beyond Equestria which is the idea that I'm not a fan of but I'd like to see the show trying new things and making bold moves. And people would love that stuff. And about the Ponyville episodes, they could either make less of them, or make them without the friendship embassadors, or just make Ponyville episodes just like usual. Say that they are off duty like the school of friendship era episodes, or say that they always stay ay Ponyville and move to other places when the map calls.

Think about the idea and imagine how it would play out, share your thoughts if you please.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

1567073614_-2.jpg.e4c159c93a7eccd241d356b734a5b0f7.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

You mean for Twilight? or for the studio?

Probably for both. Also, asking other countries to send representatives is a bit better than going to other countries in your own ship (or tank) spreading.... friendship...

Having multiple species attending the school helped too I think.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Probably for both. Also, asking other countries to send representatives is a bit better than going to other countries in your own ship (or tank) spreading.... friendship...

Having multiple species attending the school helped too I think.

I get that. Maybe just an exploration to other worlds might be a better reason. I think it might be better instead of Celestia and Luna retiring and leaving Canterlot for good. Maybe this could be the last test that Twilight has to go through to be the true ruler of Equestria. To be honest, I think Twilight's achievement as a princess of friendship (not as a national defensive weapon) was underwhelming, considering it has been stated since season 4 and she is one of few princesses. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

What would it be if Twilight built the aircraft of friendship embassadors and spread friendship outside Equesteia instead of making the school of friendship?

How would the entire season change and how would they balance Ponyville episodes with the Mane Six in it? How would the school of friendship episodes change?

I think every school of friendship / student six episodes could be replaced with episodes visiting different kingdoms like The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone or Gauntlet of Fire. This is the idea that the movie barely touched and it could be even better than the movie. They would recruit new members from different kingdoms they visit (they still could be Yona, Gallus etc.). This way, thay would keep making new friends every episode and it completely matches the theme! The whole season could be like friendship trek. Different profound characters would have more dynamics and chemistries, writers could be more imaginative about writing stories in a whole different settings, they could explore beyond Equestria which is the idea that I'm not a fan of but I'd like to see the show trying new things and making bold moves. And people would love that stuff. And about the Ponyville episodes, they could either make less of them, or make them without the friendship embassadors, or just make Ponyville episodes just like usual. Say that they are off duty like the school of friendship era episodes, or say that they always stay ay Ponyville and move to other places when the map calls.

Think about the idea and imagine how it would play out, share your thoughts if you please.

There's actually a fic somewhere halfway between this and the canon.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Twilight Sparkle's Halicarier of Friendship :P

I don't know where this idea came from.

I thought that the school of friendship was a setting that kinda limitted season 8 and 9 rather than helped expanding new ideas. The basic idea was from Star Trek, One-Piece, James and The Giand Peach... you name it.

I think the main issue is that it was an episodic show... which limited what they could do to some extent. Going to these other places might lead to something else happening. It would have been cooler for her to visit these places but i think that they would need more than one episode to show an completed arc. I think that's the type of stuff they want to do with G5.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1