Optimal YouTube Video Length (For Tabletop Recordings)

Ruby Aurora

So, just a straightforward question that I'm trying to get some opinions on. I've started recording pony themed tabletop sessions when I run them, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how many segments they should be cut up into. On average, a single session lasts about 4 hours, and I've already made the mistake of posting the first session in its entirety. My current idea is cutting it into about 1 hour long snippets, while trying to make sure I get it at a moment that gives the viewers a "cliff hanger" type vibe.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 4:05 PM, Ruby Aurora said:

So, just a straightforward question that I'm trying to get some opinions on. I've started recording pony themed tabletop sessions when I run them, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how many segments they should be cut up into. On average, a single session lasts about 4 hours, and I've already made the mistake of posting the first session in its entirety. My current idea is cutting it into about 1 hour long snippets, while trying to make sure I get it at a moment that gives the viewers a "cliff hanger" type vibe.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

That could work or you could cut into 30 minute sessions which would be closer to the length of a mlp episode :P This would mean 4 parts per hour. Though in the end it is what you think is the best time frame.