Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Breezie's Tale: A private RP between Diverse and Misty

Diverse/Petal Swirl

Diverse listened to her companions - her antennae drooped low in anticipation of rejection. She hears Misty's concerns and when it seems as if they are prepared to consider helping her, her relief is palpable from the itty bitty hoofsies of her little Breezie form, right to the tip of her antennae and filament wings. 

The elders chatter amongst themselves, taking into account Breezie Gale's inspired outburst and Misty's vote of confidence. They finally turn back to Diverse as a decision is reached (as expediently as possible as the portal behind Diverse is almost closed): they tell Diverse that they accept her offer - her name will be cleared and she will be allowed to return to her kin if she gains the blessing of the Equestrian ponies, undoes her evil spell and renounces her magic. The elders also give their blessing to the kind volunteers who have offered to help her on this quest. They add that in many moons time the portal will open, and for the adventurers to make their way to the kindly Equestria Pony, Fluttershy, once their quest is done - this legendary friend of Breezies will take them to the portal. The Elders which every-Breezie the best of luck on the new adventure.

With eyes misty with tears, Breezie thanks her companions and the elders. The other Breezies chitter with mixed responses - some agree with Windermare while others agree with the Elders, Misty and Breezie Gale. From among the hubub comes the friendly shout of an older male Breezie - "I knew you'd be back! I'm proud of you!" cries out Sea Mist, who Misty will remember is Diverse's father, while there is also an anxious shout from an elder matron Breezie, who Misty will recognise as Blossom Swirl: "The portal! Petal Swirl you bug for brains, get fluttering. We'll see you once you've shown those Equestrian ponies who's boss."  

Dvierse gives one last grateful look to her family, to whom she is still Petal Swirl (rather than Diverse, the name she used as an outcast) as well as to the Elders, before fluttering out of the portal.

• Brohoof 2

"Well then, we know what we need to do now, Let's go," Misty said as she fluttered out the portal close behind Diverse. She had a feeling that Breezy Gale would be behind her, but not Windermare. She did find it kind of surprising that Breezy Gale decided to join considering that Windermare didn't. She just shrugged it off though, considering that Windermare was the coldest of the three towards Diverse.

"Ok, so let me get this straight, we need to find the pony that you put to sleep for a thousand years, undo the spell on that pony, renounce your magic, get the blessing from the ponies, and then find Fluttershy who would help us reenter this place?" Misty asked.

Edited by Zoom Jetstream
  • Brohoof 2

@Zoom Jetstream @abrony-mouse

Breezie Gale was satisfied with the conditions layed out for Diverse. While he didn't like Diverse that much he was willing to admit that they were fair conditions to be reached and he would be there along for the ride in aid of reaching those conditions as stated. Looking to the parents of Diverse Breezie Gale couldn't help but smile slightly at that. His own parents were here somewhere but he wouldn't waste time and go off when they had an important mission to accomplish.

His gold wings fluttered in the air and he gave one last parting look to everyone else before proceeding through the portal. Upon Misty's questions he would answer. "We look around of course! She knows how this pony looked, then we can ask around for anyone who knows anyone by that look! I think that is a good place to start." he stated. 

• Brohoof 2

Diverse's lil Breezie chest still heaves with the emotion of the moment, but as they flutter through the portal - which closes behind them - and land on the soft Equestrian earth she is able to focus on what they are saying.

She nods to Misty's summary, and to Breezy Gale's suggestion that they look around. "Yes, we must find him, but even if I did, I don't know how to undo that spell! I'm not even sure how I cast it." she says despairingly, a shadow of the hopeful Breezie she was just seconds before. She looks guiltily at Breezie Gale and Misty, worried for their safety on the journey ahead, "I thought no-Breezie would help me... especially not with all the dangers of the giant-lands."  

There is a loud rumble behind them, Gathii, her zebra companion, clears his throat and looks at her quizzically. She spouts a stream of the strange language of the giant-kin, and the zebra frowns and shakes his head. Diverse sighs. "Gathii says we should continue on as before. He says he'll look after us. I explained to him that I must do this... must leave him, but if any of you want to stay safe near the portal, this is your best chance."

• Brohoof 2

"Well I'm not going to stay around near the portal. If I didn't want to do this, then I wouldn't have left the enclave. Plus, I think I know a thing or two about how we could do this. So apparently, among the ponies, there is a sextet of ponies that represent the Elements of Harmony. I heard that Fluttershy is one of them, and another, Twilight, I think, would most likely know about who this mysterious pony that got put to sleep for a thousand years is. They Elements live in Ponyville, which is that way," Misty explained pointing towards Ponyville. She hadn't been there before, but has heard about other breezies talk about it. She looked to Diverse to see how she would reply.

• Brohoof 2

@abrony-mouse @Zoom Jetstream

Breezie Gale agrees with Misty and nodded in agreement as his wings fluttered as he landed on the soft grass. "Neither am I. I signed up for this and this is no time for half measures!" he put a hoof to his chest confidently. "We'll find your pony and we'll find a way to undo this mess in due time. Perhaps we should also get the help of other unicorns as well to undo the spell once we find it. We can't always rely on ourselves, so we must find help if we are to rectify this situation. Now then, let us mount Gathii and proceed forward!" his wings flared, and he flew up onto Gathii's head. His gold wings fluttered beautifully, catching a few rays of the divine sunlight.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Diverse smiles at her new companions, at the boistrous Breezie Gale's bluster and at Misty's calm and practical resolution.

Diverse turns to Misty, "I have heard of these ponies... but do you think they will forgive me for what I did to one of their fellow giant-kin?"

Diverse turns to Breezie Gale and nods with respect - back when she was a Breezie Boss the unknown terrified her mediocre horde but these breezie's were spun from a different filament. She flutters up to Gathiii and lands on his head, holding each ear like reins and guiding him in the way Misty indicated. To Ponyville!" she giggles, before stopping her mouth with a hoof - she hadn't giggled in years...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Misty climbs onto Gathii along with the others. She pounders a bit about Diverse's question. "Well I think that they will forgive you if you are genuine and you fix the problem. From what I have heard, they have forgiven quite a few ponies that have willingly changed their ways. In addition, I heard that Fluttershy loves breezies, so there's that."

When Misty heard Diverse giggle, she couldn't help but to stare at her for a few seconds. Misty never considered Diverse as that kind of breezie, but she turned away after a few seconds, hoping that Diverse wouldn't have noticed. She wouldn't have expected this from her for a thousand years.

"Ok, so I think we should head that way. It is quite far away though. If we go now, I think that we might arrive by sunrise," Misty said, pointing towards Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

Diverse agrees that Ponyville and the potential ally, Fluttershy, must be their destination.

As Gathii lumbers away from the portal, the Breezies cling to Gathi's coarse fur and chat about their home and about their destination. Eventually, Gathii stops. His ears are pinned back as he explains something in his bassy rhythmic tones. 

Diverse flutters up to him and gives him a hug on his snout, clutching the white fur around his nose :3

Diverse tearfully explains that this is as far as Gathii will go. They will have to flutter-hike to Ponyville if they wish to proceed.

• Brohoof 1

"Huh, well that certainly changes things. How do you think we should flutter-hike to Ponyville? Would there even be creatures heading in that direction from around this area? What do you suggest?" Misty asked. She didn't see any creatures that they could flutter-hike on.

She carefully gets off of Gathii and lands on a nearby plant while waiting for what Diverse would reply. Misty knew that traveling in such a small group in the middle of the night would be quite dangerous, so it would be preferable if they could catch a ride.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Diverse/Petal Swirl explains that they have to wait for a friendly pony, or other sentient to trot this way. She explains that many of the animals are not keen to go too close to the pony towns, as they attract many animals - especially rats, dogs and wolves who eat pony scraps and can be dangerous - and so they will probably have to flutter-hike with a pony or one of their pets/familiars. Despite Diverse/Petal's recent promise to like ponies, Misty can tell that she is less than thrilled at the prospect of befriending a pony.

"Most ponies can't understand us so the key to flutter-hiking is to make yourself stand out without talking, like this..." Diverse/Petal flutters her wings to catch the wind a little and make them glow. "It took Gaathi ages to understand me, so don't think I can get the giant-kin to do what I want by just asking."

As Diverse/Petal is talking there is a distance thud thud thud of a giant-kin trotting along the dirt path with Gaathi left them next to.

Diverse/Petal begins to dance, glowing a little, and encourages Misty to do the same :P 

• Brohoof 1

"Are you sure that's safe to do? We don't even know what creature that is," Misty whispered to Diverse. She tried to get a glance of what kind of creature it was, but it was hard to tell. It looked roughly pony-shaped, but there were many creatures that had that kind of shape. Even then, it was so dark that it could have been a dragon and she probably wouldn't be able to tell.

She hesitated some more, but then she noticed that Breezie Gale was doing the same thing, so she ultimately decided to join in. Misty fluttered her wings just a little, which caused her to glow just a little. However, she was still cautious about how much she moved them given that they were still injured. During the short time in the enclave, Misty had managed to get them properly bandaged up, but she still couldn't fly on them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"I... hope so." Diverse/Petal tries to sound reassuring to Misty, also worried about unfriendly giant-kin. She also gives an apologetic look to Misty, having forgotten in all the excitement about her damaged wings. "Don't worry, I can dance for both of us." she says, although she is pleased to see the plucky Breezy still give it her all and produce a glow despite not being at full strength.

As the creature comes closer, the clop clop of hooves tells the breezies that at least it wasn't a clawed predator. However, the clopping sounds wrong - Misty has heard Gathii trot and there is a quadrupedal rhythm, while this one thuds in a steady even step. As their breezie ears pick up on the distant hoofed creature presents another worrying trait - it is much higher than Gathii, rearing a full head and shoulders above even the giant zebra. Another difference is the enormous horms that protrude from its head and the golden glint of a ring from its nose.

Diverse stops her dance and holds a miniature hoof to her lips for quiet, hoping that the strange beast passes by without seeing them.

• Brohoof 1

Breezy Gale stops when Diverse stops, and they all stand on the flower in dark silence, not quite sure what to make of the creature. Misty combed through her mind trying to figure out what kind of creature it could be. From what she could hear, the creature had two hooves. She could also see the silhouette of the creature, and it was very tall and it had two large horns. From that, she had a pretty good idea what kind of creature it was.

"Is that a minotaur?" Misty whispered to Diverse. She had a feeling that the minotaur might be willing to help them, but it would be for a steep price. Plus, she heard from the grapevine that a certain minotaur got banned from Ponyville by Fluttershy, so Misty figured that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to ask this creature for help. She stayed as quiet and still as possible, hoping the creature would continue on. However, doing so was quite hard, given Misty's fears of large creatures that she isn't familiar with.

Please ignore us, please ignore us... She thought to herself.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The large creature stomps by. It has a briefcase which is bulging. A golden coin falls out of it and the minotaur stomps near to them and picks it up. The creature seems oblivious to the two, suddenly inert, little butterfly-ponies. It hums a tune to itself as it trots on - the unfamiliar words sound something like this.

Diverse/Swirl sighs with relief. She hadn't known about minotaurs herself, having heard less of the pony lore brought by Fluttershy as she had been absent from breezie culture for a while. "I've never seen anything like that before. It seemed very driven and he wasn't looking out for his great big hooves stomping on us little-folk." she said disapprovingly.  "At least that means it didn't see us."

Diverse resumes her dancing, hoping for a friendlier creature. It is a while before they hear any sounds heralding another creature's approach. It is almost dusk when they hear a soft, irregular footfall - an irregular clop and slight rustling, as of a clawed and hooved creature. In the distance a vibrant pink feathered creature appears, which has claws, wing, a beak, two tone light blue mane, and hooves. It is about the size of a pony...

Spoiler

silverstream_mlp_by_spooshaartist_de679i

• Brohoof 1

Misty breathed a sigh of relief as the minotaur passed them by. He didn't seem like the kind of creature to care about breezies anyways. "Yeah..." Misty says, agreeing with Diverse. Both Breezy Gale and Misty continue their dance once the minotaur passes from view. 

A while later, Misty notices a hippogriff approach. From what she heard, hippogriffs were quite friendly and were willing to help out other creatures. She gittered in an excited mannor, hoping to catch the hippogriff's attention.

"Hey uh, how are we going to talk to it? Do any of us three speak their language?" Misty asked.

• 4 weeks later...

Diverse shakes her head in response to Misty's question, but she dances determinedly in the gloom. Her eyes and antennae dart occasionally upward to see if there are any predators, but they may have been scared away by the the noisy pink Griff as there is nothing.

As the heavy footfall of the enormous beaked giant-kin draw closer, it is apparent that it is holding an enormous codex in its claw, and its attention seems completely diverted to the large papery thing. Diverse/Petalswirl dances and shines, black and white wings glowing in the close forest path, but it does not seem to be registering with the creature. "I'm dancing hard as I can, but it's ignoring me!" she says desperately. "I daren't surprise it - giant-kin might swat us if we do that. Any ideas?"  she asks desperately, as the giant pink beast comes abreast the pair.

• Brohoof 1

Misty and Breezy Gale both looked up at the pink hippogriff nearby. She was very noisy and appeared to be reading a large codex and had a lantern to illuminate the book. Misty looked at the creature curiously. It was quite large, but it seemed friendlier than creature from earlier. "Hmm, well the creature is carrying a lantern, so she probably wouldn't notice us glowing. She is also very loud, so she probably won't be able to hear us either. Well maybe we could... No, that wouldn't work, that would startle her. What is she doing out here at this time anyways?" Misty mumbled. She didn't get a change to propose anything else because Breezy Gale suddenly spoke up.

"Hey you! Yes, the one with the book and the lantern! Where is Ponyville?" Breezy Gale shouted at the creature. Misty had to cover her ears because Breezy Gale was shouting right next to her. It took her a second to realize what happened, but when she did, she froze up. She had a feeling that Breezy Gale's shouting was going to startle the creature and she was nervous about what might happen next.

• Brohoof 1

Breezie Gale fluttered angrily about shouting, but the the creature's beak is glued to its book and it doesn't look up till Breezy is right in front of its feathery face. Breezy Gale is unable to flutter out of the way in time and he ends up colliding with the hippogriff's beak. The large pink creature startles at that, and gives a surprised bird-like 'caw' and twitches its beak, sending Breezy tumbling!

Diverse/Petal Swirl flaps after Breezy to see if he is ok, leaving Misty on her perch by the path. The hippogriff gazes in wonder at the two breezies tumbling away, looking pained, before turning back to the path - its large blue eyes soon settle on Misty, a look of intrigue and wonder on its strange features.  

• Brohoof 1

Misty watched as the hippogriff, too invested in what she was reading to see where she was going collided with Breezy Gale. Breezy Gale is sent tumbling and Misty watches as Diverse went after him. However, Misty remained up on her perch because she wouldn't be able to help much with her injured wings anyways. She peers over the edge, and she can see the two other breezies moving around below. She hopes that Breezy Gale isn't hurt too badly.

She turns back to the hippogriff to find her standing right in front of her. Misty shivered in fear but her feet remained glued to the leaf. The hippogriff was staring at her, and she looked hurt somehow, but terrifying at the same time. This staring made Misty feel like she was being stalked by a predator, even though it seemed unlikely that the hippogriff would eat her.

"Um, Hello?" she whispered, not quite sure what to say. She felt that the hippogriff most likely wouldn't understand her anyways, but there wasn't really anything else she could do.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The bird like face looks confused, purple eyes furrowing, before lighting up as the creature rapidly dives a claw into its saddlebag and produces a notepad and pencil. 

It scribbles a bit before drawing a picture recognisable as a butterfly, but with a picture of a brain and a question mark next to it, which Misty gathers to mean 'do you understand / are you an intelligent butterfly creature?'. The creature turns the notepad to Misty and breaks off a tiny piece of graphite from its pencil for her, allowing her to respond pictorially, if she wishes.

(OOC don't ask me how breezies know what brain's look like :P ) 

• Brohoof 1

Misty was a bit confused at first when the hippogriff pulled out a notepad and a pencil, but as Misty watched the Hippogriff draw, Misty slowly understood what she was trying to say. Misty thought a bit about how to reply. She tried nodding at the hippogriff, and if that didn't work, she would write a check mark on the paper. Then, she would try to describe the situation that they were in, how Diverse and Breezy Gale were thrown off the flower and how they are trying to get to Ponyville. Misty wasn't sure how to draw Ponyville, but she knew that they were looking for the elements of harmony, so she tried her best to draw the elements from her memory, specifically Fluttershy. It was hard to convey everything through drawing, so Misty turned to the hippogriff to see if it got the right idea.

• Brohoof 1

The pink Hippogriff peers closely at the tiny drawing. She seems to struggles at first to understand what Misty means about Diverse and Breezy Gale, but the giant hippogriff seems to understand between Misty's drawings and gestures. The large bird-like features grow concerned and she puts a claw to her beak in realisation that the other Breezies were clearly Misty's friends. Before Misty has a chance to go into the broader purpose of the mission the hippogriff points at the little picture of the breezy friends, and then waves her claw at the vegetation by the path and says something in her strange language, sounding agitated. Before Misty can react further, the excitable beast extends its enormous and powerful wings and flaps after Diverse/Breezy. Unfortunately, the blast from the wing-beat sends Misty flying! The hippogriff squawks in alarm as Misty loses her grip on the branch she was holding on to and careens dangerously through the air along the path, her injured wings flailing.

When Misty turned to the hippogriff to see if she got the right idea, she noticed that the hippogriff seemed to have a agitated look. To Misty's horror, she started to flap her wings, which sent Misty tumbling. Misty didn't have a chance to grab onto the branch before she fell out of reach. The best she could do was spread her wings and try to land softly on the ground without straining her wings too much.

"Ouch!" another breezie exclaimed as Misty crashed into him. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that!" Misty defended as she scrambled off of whoever said that. She turned around to find out that she had crashed into Breezy Gale.

"Hilarious," Breezy Gale remarked sarcastically. "That hippogriff accidently sends one of us flying, and accidently sends the other one of us flying right into the first one. This night just keeps getting better and better. Now let's just hurry up and get to Ponyville." Breezy Gale lit up his antennae to show the hippogriff where they landed.

• Brohoof 1