Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Does anyone remembers an old animated anthology show about animals?

Steve Piranha

I just had a memory of an old animated show I’ve watched occasionally when I was very young. I don’t remember the name at all, but I remember two episodes with rabbits as main characters:

1-one of the episodes took mostly at night. I remember the rabbit was helping what I think was a bear cub, or raccoon. Don’t remember what for, but maybe to look for it’s mother

2-this one was more impactful. There was a family of a mother rabbit, and her three children. They were eating grass, when one of the bunnies gets into a hole in a fence, and discovers cultivated carrots in a backyard. Excited, he eats them. Meanwhile, a girl was leaving her house to the backyard, singing a song, and beginning to play yea party with her dolls. She notices the bunny who just finished eating the carrots, and excited, she proceeds to grab it, oblivious that the bunny felt threatened. The bunny attempts to flee, but the girl catches it, and takes it to her tea party. She wraps the bunny in a blanket, and feeds it, and the bunny tearfully obligues. Afterwards, he screams for his mom, and she hears it. She goes to the same hole in the fence, but she’s too big for it, and attempts to dig. The bunny screams for help some more, and momma rabbit wants her other bunnies to rescue the captive siblings. They sneak, and push the carriage their sibling is trapped in to the hole. It falls, and the bunny breaks free, and the three of them are reunited with their mom. Shortly after, the girl goes outside, and notices the bunny is missing. She drops on her knees, and starts crying

I also remember the credits background scene to be rather gloomy, with what looked like barrels with toxic waste 

it was pretty old. I think it was from the 80s

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 months later...
(edited)
1 hour ago, Solisnoctii said:

This made me immediately think of "The Animals of Farthing Wood". It's an animated show from the early 90s:

The show involved lots of agony and death, for some reason. That's why it always stuck with me :lie:

Also sounded like "Watership Down".

The original movie came out in 1978 (lines up with the 80s), but the show was on TV around the 2000s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watership_Down_(TV_series)

Is it either of those? Because now I'm super curious :ooh:

Animals of Farthing Wood definitely wasn’t. I’ll check the other one

yeah, I’m sure Watership Down wasn’t either

Edited by Steve Piranha