Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Great Quest (1x1 RP between Courageous Thunder Dash and Samurai Equine)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@Samurai Equine

It turns out...that the graphics do indeed match the ones on the map. Addie looked at the graphics. "They match! They really match! Do you know what this means Trilby? That hat of yours just might be the key to this mystery!" Addie said bouncing up and down excitedly. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Well that's a shocker! Trilby looks back and fourth at his comrades and his hat. "I didn't realize these symbols meant anything. I thought they were just a cool design aesthetic. I got them from a design book that I use when I make my more designer hats. But that book does explain the history and origin of the symbols! ... Oh, but I didn't bring it with me. It's back at my shop. Should I use one of my teleportation spells to bring it here, or should we go back by train? I can only use a teleport spell so many times. I'm not a prodigy at it like Twilight Sparkle. It takes a lot of power and concentration to pull it off." Trilby explains.

@Samurai Equine

"That book will certainly come in handy Trilby...!" Addie said. "...and it could be the key that leads us to Daring Do's whereabouts." Somnambula added. Addie was getting quite giddy and started to hop up and down on her hooves excitedly, making adorable squeaking noises.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Not really an answer to his question, but Addie's excitement gives him a clue of how to proceed. They really can't afford to wait or run around, can they? Trilby sighs, readying himself. "All right. I'm going to perform a teleportation spell. But I warn you, I can only do this 3 times a day, so we have to use this magic sparingly." Trilby concentrates. He grits his teeth a little as he summons his magic, and then the book he wanted magically appears before them. He relaxes as the book falls to the ground. "And now we can only do that 2 more times." Trilby says. The name of the book? "International Concepts: Bringing history, culture, and language into fashion". It seems to cover a lot of subjects.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby nods. Seems like a good idea. He waits. ... Nothing? Trilby starts stand up and collect this things, even putting his hat back on. ...No objections? No suggestions to go somewhere else? ... "All right then. Will you be joining us, Somnambula?" Trilby asks.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

"Indeed. Can't fly this time, so we'll have to walk since I can't overuse that spell..." Addie said as she started to walk, making sure that Trilby was following her. Truth be told, she was a little dissappointed that she couldn't use her wings again until later, but walking allowed Addie to see all the details of the land. Addie suddenly started to hum a tune. 

@Samurai Equine

"Yea, I'd say we could start at the archives. That's where all of the ancient texts and stuff are kept...have you ever studied Saddle Arabian language?" Addie asked. Addie only had just a little bit of experience with the Saddle Arabian language.

@Samurai Equine

"And who knows, we may need the bits that you make from selling those hats of yours." Addie stated as she continued to walk next to Trilby. The environment still remained in that desert facade. Addie could see some buildings up ahead. They looked Saddle Arabian. 

@Samurai Equine

The building was open. "What do you think could be in that building. I know this isn't the archives...but you never know...in most circumstances...archives could be stored underground..." Addie said thinking to herself about secret passageways. 

@Samurai Equine

Addie nodded. "For sure. Let's see what we could find." Addie stated as she walked beside Trilby, looking at the various shelves of books. Up ahead, there seemed to be a staircase leading to an underground area. "That could be it..." Addie said pointing to where the staircase was. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby looks around as they enter the library. Yep, definitely has that book smell in the air. Lots of books too. Trilby begins to wonder if Twilight's library has this many books or not. Soon, Trilby stands by Addie near the staircase. "Can we just go down there, or do we need special permission first?" Trilby asks.