Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Great Quest (1x1 RP between Courageous Thunder Dash and Samurai Equine)

Courageous Thunder Dash

OOC: 

It was just another day in Ponyville. Addie was out early, checking the library to see if a new Daring Do book had come out. She had gotten into the series due to some friends. When she arrived at the adventure section, she noticed that was no new Daring Do book. "Drats! Daring Do must be going on an extra long adventure if it's taking this long..." She said to herself. She then realized that no storytellers from the region where Somnambula was from hadn't come to Ponyville in ages. She therefore had to find out. This was it. She decided to go on a quest to find out what happened to Daring Do. But there was one problem: she wanted to go with someone. She asked around, but everyone was either busy, or they just didn't want to. Addie sadly went and sat on a bench with her head down. To pass the time, she gathered some magic energy and made a ball of energy appear in her hooves. She held it and rolled it around gently, then made it transform into boomerang. She threw the boomerang, which came back to her. She then transformed the boomerang back into a ball of energy. She decided to sprawl out on the bench laying on her back cutely, continuing to play around with the ball of energy. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, Trilby was busy. "Thanks, Joe. Here's your cut." Trilby pays some other pony to haul away a bunch of stuff from his store, Trilby's Hats & Headwear. Once that was done, he locks up his doors and puts a couple of signs out front that say "Out Of Business" and "Property For Sale".

With a sad sigh, the dapper pony pulls out a few brochures. "Well Trilby, you really failed here, didn't you? Where to next..." He ends up sitting on the same bench as Addie. He doesn't even notice her at first, but then is quickly aware somepony else is on this bench. He looks up and sees her. "Oh! Hi there. Is this bench taken? Didn't mean to bother you."

@Samurai Equine

Addie was still sort of sprawled out, playing with the ball of energy. She was a little consumed by it, that it took her a few more seconds to realize that someone was talking to her. "Hm? Oh! You can sit here!" Addie said, sitting up and throwing the ball of energy up into the air. It disappeared with a poof. "I'm Addabelle, but you can call me Addie. What's your name mister?" Addie asked, her eyes taking time to focus on the stallion before her. 

@Samurai Equine

Addie sighed. "I'm a fan of the Daring Do books...but there hasn't been one in ages. I went to the library earlier but there was no new Daring Do books. Furthermore, no storytellers from where Somnambula lives haven't visited Ponyville in a while. They usually come just after Daring returns from a quest. I wanted to investigate...but nopony wanted to come with me..." Addie said with another sigh. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"Hmm. Well, I was planning on setting up a new store somewhere else..." Trilby nods and explains his situation. At first, he thinks about going back to his own business. However, he remembers that the desert land of Somnambula is also one of his brochures. Maybe this is a sign? Most probably wouldn't, in fact Addie just confirmed no one else wants so, and yet if there is such a thing as sign... "...But I could go with you. If you want." Trilby offers.

@Samurai Equine

Addie's face suddenly changed to an excited expression. "Wait...really?!" She asked with a smile on her face, wiggling cutely. Usually, when Addie wiggled, it was a sign that she was really excited to do something. It was one of her earliest habits. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby smiles, happy to have made her day. "Sure. I know I'm basically a nopony, but I've always wanted to be something more." He shows her the brochure he has of Somnambula. "I picked this up as kind of joke. I didn't really plan to make a new business there. I got it as a reminder. I've always wanted to travel the world, make amazing friends, and maybe... Be somepony. Since I've got nowhere else to go right now, maybe meeting you was... fate." Trilby says, hopeful.

@Samurai Equine

"Yay!" Addie cheered bouncing up and down giggling cutely. "This is gonna be so much fun! We get to travel all around Equestria, to try to figure out the mystery of Daring Do!" Addie exclaimed excitedly, unaware of how loud she was...which caused a few ponies to look at her...

@Samurai Equine

Addie looked around. "You know...we do need some supplies like hiking stuff, backpacks and maybe even some stuff that could help fend off creatures that could try to attack us. Maybe we could stop by the small outdoor shop that's close to the Everfree Forest." Addie suggested. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

(Sorry for the delay.)

"Oh, thank you." Trilby bows and enters. He was planning on getting the door for her, but she beat him to the draw. Trilby looks around and begins collecting things. Not the cheapest stuff, but definitely not the most expensive stuff either. Trilby must have gone camping or something before, because he has an eye for quality.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby grabs a tactical pickaxe and some emergency food provisions. "And you never know when you might need to break some rocks." Trilby pays for his own supplies and follows her lead. "Next time, allow me to pick up the tab. It's the least I can do for my fearless leader. In fact... Shall I pay for our first destination? I get the feeling we're about to travel by train."

@Samurai Equine

”Well we gotta travel to the place where Somnambula is close to. No trains pass through that area because that’s a historic site. So we would have to get off at Apploosa or Dodge Juction, and then take the trek to the place where Somnambula is.” Addie explained. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby nods. "Gotcha. I hope they still offer carriage services there. Might be nice to travel the remaining distance that way." Trilby says.

As soon as they get to the train station, Trilby buys tickets for Dodge Junction since it will take them the closest to their intended destination. As they get on the train and pick out a car to sit in, Trilby sits across Addie. "So... Since we'll be here a while... Are you okay to travel like this? Is there any friends or family that need to know about where you're going?"

@Samurai Equine

"I'm independent so, my parents are okay with me traveling. Of course I'll send them a postcard so they could see where I'm at. They're gonna go crazy when they see that I am going to help figure out the mystery of Daring Do!" Addie said excitedly with a giggle, unaware that she was speaking a little too loud for the train. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Trilby smiles. He doesn't care. He is just happy to see Addie happy. "Correction, WE'RE going to help figure out the mystery of Daring Do." Trilby says, wanting to help out equally.
Trilby looks out the window for a moment. He kicks his feet. He rubs the back of his head. All of that talk about being an adventurer is quickly flying out the window. Should he talk about himself? Does Addie even want to know more about him? This is going to be a long train ride if he can't think of a good way to pass the time.

@Samurai Equine

Addie blushed a little, remembering that she was with Trilby. All that unawareness came from her ASD, which she was often teased for when she was younger. Addie looked at Trilby, who seemed to be thinking about something. “Uhh Trilby? Everything okay?” She asked.