Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Great Quest (1x1 RP between Courageous Thunder Dash and Samurai Equine)

Addie

@Samurai Equine

Addie looked at Trilby. “So…what did you find out? Do they know where Somnambula is?” Addie asked curiously as she made the book disappear with a poof, hoping Trilby had found something out. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"Hmm?" Trilby stops in place, his eyes go wide. "...OH! Right. Somnambula. Sorry, forgot what we were doing for a second there. I only found out that ponies make turbans and Arabian hats out of a silk and cotton blend. Knowing the native word for Turban helped." Trilby says with an embarrassed blush. "But I did find out that most ponies here speak a mix of Arabic and Ponish. So we should be able to find somepony who speaks our language easily. We could start with local law enforcement, or we could see if there's a history museum around here, or..." Trilby begins making a bunch of random suggestions.

@Samurai Equine

"Uhm...Trilby?" I don't think any police officer or somepony similar would be all the way out here..." Addie said as she looked around. She saw a guide who seemed to be waiting to take ponies on a tour. "Maybe that pony would know..." Addie said pointing to the guide. 

@Samurai Equine

The guide turned to face Trilby. “Why of course I can. In fact, one of the places we will go today will take us to see Somnambula.” The guide replied. Addie grinned at this. “Hopefully we could get some some intel from Somnambula.” Addie commented. 

@Samurai Equine

"Erhm, I do appriciate you wanting to pay me but you don't have to. A donation to the non-profit organization would be nice however." The tour guide replied. "Wow! That means we get to see Somnambula for free!" Addie exclaimed with a cute giggle. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

"Donation it is." Trilby puts some bits in his donation box. Free tour time! (Character limit. Nothing else to see here. According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible. Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around or desert you.)

@Samurai Equine

"There will most likely be, especially if we end up going in one of those temples or pyramids..." Addie said as she walked beside the guide. "Even during the days before Somnambula, there were powerful warriors out to obtain sacred relics to gain the ultimate power." The guide explained. 

@Samurai Equine

"There used to be a singing guide who worked here long ago. She's now retired I'm afraid. You could go visit her at the Twin Peaks Retirement Home Complex that's just outside of Baltimare." The guide stated. "That sounds like a fun place." Addie said with a cute giggle. 

“Trilby…we don’t have time due that…we gotta get to Somnambula and also learn some about this place because we could find clues.” Addie said looking at Trilby and then the guide with a soft smile. Yes Addie could beatbox but this was one rare occasion where she indeed was aware of events going on. 

@Samurai Equine

"Tours take time...but I'm sure we're close to the area where Somnambula is at this moment..." Addie said as she looked at the guide. "You'd be correct. We don't have much to go from here." The guide answered as they approached some stonework. 

@Samurai Equine

Addie looked at the stonework. "If I'm correct, these rocks actually contain amethyst gems within them. However, the ponies back then never really discovered that secret." Addie explained. "You'd be absolutely correct." The guide said. "Yay!" Addie cheered with a cute giggle. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Remembering he brought supplies on this venture, Trilby digs into his backpack and pulls out a photo camera. He takes some snapshots of the stonework. It's a polaroid, so it will develop fast. And when it does, he will examine the stonework for any hidden runes or hieroglyphs.

@Samurai Equine

"Gotta love those polaroid cameras, perfect for adventures like this one..." Addie said as she dug into the bag and took out her special rock scanner. She pointed it towards the stone work. On the display screen, the amethyst gems within could be seen. "Look Trilby! See the amethyst gems?" She asked. 

@Samurai Equine

"It means that nopony even bothered to break open these stones, or they didn't have the right tools to pick them open without damaging the precious gems inside. Gem hunters back in the early days used to roam around areas like this. They had to watch out though, Diamond Dogs also lurked around too. As they always say, if there's a place lush with gems, you can be sure that Diamond Dogs are close." Addie explained as she then looked on the outside of the stone. There were scratch marks. Addie gasped. "Look! Diamond dogs tried to break open these stones. They had no luck though, as their claws were only made for digging." Addie commented.