Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Rose, Schemes, and Hats (1x1 with Samurai Equine)

Rosemarid

@Samurai Equine

OOC: 

'Forest Edge' Photographic Print - Jim Craigmyle | Art.com

Trilby had trekked through the forest of Elban for days. It was not really clear how long he had walked amongst this forest but it was peaceful and calm. The birds chirped. There was a fairly large stream flowing directly through the forest and he was wise to walk alongside its banks. For many hours all the sounds he heard were of the peaceful wildlife that beamed under the warm sun. However he could soon see there were a pair of large hills on either side of the stream up ahead. The hills extended on as far as the eye can see and seemed to curve at the edge of the horizon. They were clearly out of place here. Put here intentionally.

Not to mention, the hills had various pine trees on them that had clearly indicated that they were here for a very long time. Likely centuries. Upon passing over these hills with little issue he had seen an odd shaped range of mountains. Looking about either side the large hills circled around the entire mountain range. Ahead he could see smaller hill like shapes in similar arrangements. There were five rings if you will, with the sixth outer one being by far the tallest. In between each of the rings were plain fields with some blooming wildflowers.

Most importantly was what he saw further beyond that. The stream flowed past the ringed hills towards the mountains. The Mountains themselves were quite odd as well with red tinted snow capping the tops of them. The river itself flowed through a wide split between both of the mountains. The split itself looked artificial. As Trilby went over each of the rings and was about a mile away from the entrance to the interior part that was concealed by the mountains he would notice clear signs of civilization.

The split itself had large chunks of the mountains carved in angled fashion. It was polished completely smooth. Between the split there were various small stone bridges with carved lookout points. There were a few buildings by the split as well. Everything about this screamed that it was a well guarded point. He didn't see any guards yet because he was too far away to see them. Now that he was closer, he could spot other ruins of stone structures scattered about the place. Covered over by moss. He could also see small craters about the whole landscape on the interior as well. All of this was astonishing, considering he hadn't seen it before.

Edited by Starlight

@Starlight

Trilby had trekked through the forest of Elban for days... And he had no idea which forest this was, nor did he seem to fully understand the majesty of it all.

Back home in Ponyville, Trilby's hat store didn't succeed. He had to close up shop and look for a new place to set up a store. But first! He felt like doing some camping. On whim, he decided to go aimless. No tour guides, no travel agents, absolutely no sense of direction. He just gathered some supplies and started traveling in whichever direction felt right.

In this world of wilderness, Trilby didn't question where he was or why. He focused only on safe camping techniques and moving forward. He knew how to set up a tent like a pro. He knew how to forage for food and anything nature can supply. He might take out a camera and snap a picture of a nice sight or two. He was much like a combination of a career camper and a tourist. If the wilderness around him was suppose to be dangerous, then he must have avoided all the dangers by complete fluke, because it definitely wasn't on purpose.

However, as he drifted through the wild, only going in whatever direction felt right, he soon finds signs of civilization. "Oooh~" Everything was new to him. He hadn't seen anything like this. In fact, he was so hypnotized by the sight of it that he didn't even stop to consider if this civilization was closed off or guarded from the outside world. The only thought he had was... "I wonder if I could maybe set up a new business location here. I bet the ponies in this place have never even seen a hat store like mine." Trilby says as he wonders closer to this mysterious location, ever the interested sight-seer. With his head in the clouds instead of what's right in front of him, he's about to get a rude awaking from whatever guards protect this place.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Trilby passes over the last inner ring at around half a mile away from the entrance into the interior of what lays beyond. The last inner ring was different from the other ones as he could see large amounts of stone piles within the dirt as they had stuck out somewhat. If he had any questions to whether or not the rings were intentional or not - they had been answered upon seeing that. Whatever the reason was, was unknown. Perhaps it was merely for architectural reasons but it was more than likely to be defensive reasons. Any invading force would have to cross over several of the rings to even get close to the entrance.

A little while passes and he finds himself walking right up to the buildings on the edge of the river. There were a few flagpoles with wonderful striped red flags with a rose shape in the center up at the top. However this wasn't any leisurely destination. There were a few tunnels bored through the rock on either side of the river itself with various flames keeping them lit. He hadn't seen these from the distance before because they were obscured by the various obstacles in the way. He could see various guards standing around at the tunnel entrances. 

The buildings themselves seemed to be some sort of guard barracks and storage facilities for whatever the guards might need. They were also under guard and the guards in the area instantly spotted Trilby. The ponies here had a bit of a different appearance than he was quite frankly used to. They were all Pegasi for one and they were all of a red or green coloration, this also applied to their eyes too. The shape of their wings was slightly different in subtle ways with the feathers showing different shades of red fading into green at the ends of the feathertips. These guards also had rose gold colored armor to boot.

There was a muscular female guard. For a pegasus it was surprising to see one with the build of an Earth Pony. She seemed to be the lead guard and was currently walking out of the barracks when she spotted Trilby. She gave Trilby a harsh stare and marched up to him. 

"Hey! Who are you and what are you doing here? You don't look like any of us." the guard barked with a strange accent he has never heard before. 

@Starlight

At some point, the sight of the guards did register. Trilby was making mental note of their matching appearances when one female guard approaches him. Trilby gives a frightened twitch and backs up, nearly falling on his butt. "I, I... Well, miss, I am sure we are not THAT different. I mean, we are both ponies, right? I'm just a harmless tourist, passing through. Surely there is no harm in that, is there? Heh. By the way, has anypony ever told you that you have a beautiful voice?" Even with her tough exterior, Trilby knows a mare when he sees one. He tries flirting with her to try and smooth things over. How hard could it be to simply walk into this foreign land?

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

The guard looks to him in a confused manner. "Tourist? What's a tourist? What are you talking about?" the guard asked in a confused manner but seemed to be a bit taken back by his demeanor. She thought she sounded rough and tumble - exactly like she wanted to be. A shadow of another pegasus casts over the two of them before a shuffle is heard as the other pegasus lands next to Trilby and the guard.

Unlike the guard this pegasus was purple with violet and pink streaks in her mane. Her cutie mark seemed to be a pink swirl going into a central point almost like an orb. She was unlike the other Pegasi around. "Tera, why are you antagonizing this poor fellow?" the other mare asked, sounding a bit different than Tera.

"What? Can't you see this stallion isn't from around here? We don't know of anyone else around here! How could this stallion have gotten here? He doesn't bear the color of our kind!" Tera shouted.

"Well, standing before you is also someone who doesn't bear the color of your kind. Remember who I am, after all..." she smirked leeringly. Tera turned away at that in shame and grunted. The pegasus mare walks up to Trilby. "If you were left with these other guards without me they'd have thrown you into the dungeons for questioning. If Tera had her way that is...I'm not like that. I'm not like any of them. You'll soon come to understand..." she grinned wider. Tera gave her a harsh look but the purple mare glared back and winked, causing Tera to sigh in defeat as the purple mare walks Trilby towards the tunnel.

"Oh and by the way, no word gets out about this! Unless you want me reporting all of you and you want to lose your jobs? Keep quiet about this and I'll pull some strings and give you all a raise!" the purple mare spoke to the guards, causing them to jolt up in attentiveness to her word. 

@Starlight

The arrival of this new pegasus puts Trilby at ease. He smiles and stands a bit more proudly now, no longer cowering. "Thank you. I wasn't expecting somepony to speak up for me. I'm Trilby, by the way. Trilby Hatter." He extends a hoof to her. Might as well make a proper introduction at least.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

The Pegasus shakes his hoof as the sun glints in her deep purple eyes. "Well, its no problem. We don't have outsiders around here a lot. I go by many names but you may call me Reticent. We never have outsiders so it is interesting that you are here. Why are you here?" she asked, leading him through into the tunnel. 

@Starlight

"Reticent. Nice to meet you! Well, to answer you're question, I'm just a tourist. A wanderer. Found this place completely by coincidence and was wondering what it's like. I'm also looking for a new place to call home. A place I can set up my signature brand of business without too much competition." Trilby explains. He also takes off his hat for a moment so he can bow politely. When he does, he reveals he is a unicorn.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Reticent nods as they walk down the hall after he bowed, she honestly enjoyed that. The various guards pass by them but Reticent gives them a certain glare and they looked away. "I don't know about you living here, but perhaps I can hide you away in my home and teach you what you need to know in order to pass as one of us. Welcome to the Kingdom of Velross, we aren't keen on outsiders as you can see." she remarked with a smirk.

@Starlight

(WOW! I am SUPER sorry this is late! The forum never updated me about your reply and it just slipped my mind. So sorry about that.)

Trilby listens and hesitates a little. "Ooh... Hide me away? I'm not sure about that. How long would it take to teach me all that? Because hiding is not something I can easily do. I NEED to be seen! Expressing myself and connecting to others is what I was meant to do with my life." Trilby points to his cutie mark; a hat and a pair of scissors. "See this? It reflects my talent for hat making, but it's not just about my personal skills. I love being able to make others happy and give them a new lease on life by giving them a hat they absolutely love. I can't do that if I'm in hiding."

@Samurai Equine

(Don't worry about that, it happens.)

Illania looked to him as they finally exited the tunnel on the other side of the mountain. He sees something he likely didn't expect to see - that being a large massive plain as far as the eye can see populated by many buildings, with roads leading to various places. The river flows between, and the mountains seemed to curve beyond the edge of the horizon, inwardly. They were now out of earshot of the guards as they walked down a series of steps on the other side of the mountain. "You do not know anything about our society. Our society is to be frank - Xenophobic. That is not to be dismissive of our values, but as a fact. We do not interact with outsiders to any significant capacity. Although I...I work directly for the one who rules this land. I am her eyes and ears of the outside world. I can tell you that Hats aren't a thing here though, oddly enough." 

@Samurai Equine

"That means that our society doesn't like to interact with outsiders and we prefer to keep it that way. Believe me, I suggested the idea to her but she is not interested in that. It is a risk far too great to open our society up to the outside world, as we don't know if our stability would allow for that." she replies in a logical fashion.

@Samurai Equine

Ilania looked into his eyes with a predatory grin as she let those words sink within his mind. "I've asked myself the same question a few times. But then I'll ask you this - whatever the case, do you really want to trek all the way back to Equestria, when you've came all the way this far?" 

@Starlight

Trilby is about to say something. He's not afraid to turn around and go back at all. But then he remembers what brought him here in the first place. ... He has nowhere else to go. Trilby tips his hat forward until the shade from the wide brim hides his eyes. "...Lead the way."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

The two of them would walk down the long gravel road leading from the tunnel. As they walked they can see some buildings come into view. The buildings themselves were not what he would expect of the usual construction. Every building had at least three floors and had various shades of red and brown, with a sort of oriental vibe to it. There were plenty of flowers about. He could see some ponies walking about the place, also of the same colors and shades. Most were Earth ponies. "You already stand out here. Not much I can do about that." 

@ArbiterofFates

Trilby would follow close by, trying to not draw too much attention to himself. "I'll need my own place to stay. Preferably one with lots of rooms. And also..." Trilby lifts his head a little. A sharp, determined glare in his eyes. "I'm going to trust you to teach me how to blend in, but I'd suggest you make these lessons quick, my friend. Because I don't plan to keep my head down forever. One way or another, I am going to make waves here."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Illania nodded in understanding. "If I am to do this, I am going to have to clear it with our leader. She may or may not approve of such things without permission. For your sake I hope she accepts and allows you to do it. Follow me. I know a way to one of my hideouts, so to speak." she grinned and began to lead him into the nearby town.

@Samurai Equine 

She leads him to a spot on the edge of town. She seems to shuffle her hooves around and grabbed a small handle in the dirt by a rock. She opens the handle and it reveals an illusion of grass that fades away once the handle was opened. What was there? An entrance to a bunker. She proceeds in leading him down into the bunker which is fairly ornate. 

@Samurai Equine

Illania walks down into the bunker. This bunker was clearly older than the both of them but had been renovated recently. Illania smirks. "What can I say? I'm a mare of secrets, and I have many talents. I own this bunker, one of the ones that I own across the land. Part of the deal that I made with the Queen. You see in Velross - Pegasi are very rare. I am the only one born in the past 35 years. Pegasi serve as the Queen's eyes and ears beyond Velross. That is what I am." 

@Starforce

"I guess that includes the guard I saw earlier." Trilby says. His question wasn't directly answered, so she must be hiding something or she simply can't tell Trilby right now why she has a vanishing bunker. For now, he continues to follow her. "So what is the most common here? Earth ponies? Unicorns?"

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

He is taken to what seems to be some sort of living space complete with the amenities of a house. Fully stocked with food and furniture. It was quite large, for a bunker. "Earth ponies are the most common. I don't know why that is. I think it has to do our history. See...a long time ago, there wasn't only one Kingdom here. But two. The other one was called Marcade and was lead by an evil alicorn named Arrowhead. Our Queen had something to do with him that went wrong, and Velross defeated them in battle, incorporating them into the Kingdom. Marcade was mainly populated by unicorns, and as the two populations intermixed, the larger population of Velross absorbed Marcade completely over the centuries."