Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

I think the reason for Sparky being born with wings could be a case of evolution, since Sparky is born generations (possibly millennia) after G4.

I now wonder if it will be like a Flurry Heart situation (unusually born with wings with no real explanation).

I hope it will not be like that.

The appearances of the ponies visibly changed from G4, and even several critters in G5 are different from the ones from G4.

Considering things fell apart and got really hostile between G4 and G5, it makes sense that newborn dragons in G5 would be born with wings so they could learn to fly away from danger as soon as possible.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, -Buttercup- said:

If wings are not related to the maturity of the dragon, why is Spike and some of the others so small compared to the others?

Spike looks smaller, but that has more to do with being raised and pampered with ponies he never had the need to fight, and compete against others of his kind. Something similar to what happens with animals that are raised in zoos and in the wild. Also in Gauntlet of Fire we can see that the other dragons he faces are all young/adult. There is none like him, so it tells us that he is closer to being an adult than a child.

Moments ago, SergioFernandez said:

Spike looks smaller, but that has more to do with being raised and pampered with ponies he never had the need to fight, and compete against others of his kind. Something similar to what happens with animals that are raised in zoos and in the wild. Also in Gauntlet of Fire we can see that the other dragons he faces are all young/adult. There is none like him, so it tells us that he is closer to being an adult than a child.

If he is not a child, then why did he transform into a giant dragon in that one episode, the one in your profile picture? 

4 minutes ago, -Buttercup- said:

If he is not a child, then why did he transform into a giant dragon in that one episode, the one in your profile picture? 

Because there he was being greedy, in the link I sent in the main post Smolder also explains that greed enlargement and natural growth are 2 very different things. There may be medium dragons that are hundreds of years old. I believe that the maximum size a dragon can reach without greed is like Garble, and those that are bigger than him is because they will have some hidden treasure (as we saw with the dragon from dragonshy).

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SergioFernandez said:

Because there he was being greedy, in the link I sent in the main post Smolder also explains that greed enlargement and natural growth are 2 very different things. There may be medium dragons that are hundreds of years old. I believe that the maximum size a dragon can reach without greed is like Garble, and those that are bigger than him is because they will have some hidden treasure (as we saw with the dragon from dragonshy).

Hmm, if that really is the case than that is interesting biology and magical processes they have. 

Moments ago, -Buttercup- said:

Hmm, if that really is the case than that is interesting biology and magical processes they have. 

It really is, let's hope the g5 explains those mysteries and doesn't confuse them with the g4.

• Brohoof 1

I think it depends on the situation.... Some dragons are more humanoid in form. Some are dragon like.

Spike when forced to mature didn't even gain wings. And is more lizard like... But at season 9 he is more of a Chad now....

17 hours ago, The Wife of Tengen said:

@SergioFernandez

This thread has been merged with your original regarding Spike’s age.

But why? This is a different topic, here I'm talking about maturity in dragons in general (more focused on why Sparky grew up with wings). Please, could I ask that they be separated again? I just don't want to mix things up.