Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

is princess celestia strict with everyone or just twilight

doomy343

when I watch princess celestia she seems to be patient and understanded when someone does something wrong, but she seems like she comes down hard on twilight when twilight does something wrong, do you think she would be hard on us too or as that just a princess celestia and twilight thing, like if rode my mountain bike around the castle, like riding it down the stairs and stuff like that would princess celestia say don't do it agains or would she be really mad.

It's possible that Celestia knew that Twilight had a destiny that she herself would not be able to understand just yet. This could also be seen by how she dismissed Twilight's concerns over Luna's hints and symptoms of returning. Celestia wanted to dismiss her obsession with reading books in order to encourage her to go out more and not be a recluse. This is just my take on it, however. It would totally explain the "special strictness" towards the pupil with the potential of being someone with a lot of responsibility in the future.

• Brohoof 1

like if rode my mountain bike around the castle, like riding it down the stairs and stuff like that would princess celestia say don't do it agains or would she be really mad.

Oh this is a cute question, btw. She would probably be super patient with you because she saw you simply having fun and citizens need guidance. But again I think for someone with a role like Twilight, there are more pressing responsibilities to be stricter for. 

Strictlestia. I'd say for a ruler, she could be doing far worse things. I believe that she knew Twilight's destiny, and groomed her to be her successor through various trials she masked as lessons. I wish that Celestia and Luna didn't simply give up the throne. 

Twilight will always and forever be a book nerd to me. Not a Princess.

46 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

Strictlestia. I'd say for a ruler, she could be doing far worse things. I believe that she knew Twilight's destiny, and groomed her to be her successor through various trials she masked as lessons. I wish that Celestia and Luna didn't simply give up the throne. 

Twilight will always and forever be a book nerd to me. Not a Princess.

well equestria should be happy that simba isn't their ruler.

1 hour ago, Silk Glamour said:

Oh this is a cute question, btw. She would probably be super patient with you because she saw you simply having fun and citizens need guidance. But again I think for someone with a role like Twilight, there are more pressing responsibilities to be stricter for. 

come to think of it princess celestia would probably like mountain biking too.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Silk Glamour said:

although alvin and the chipmunks might push celestia over the edge, that would be so hilarious I bet celestia yells ALVIN.

Celestia doesn't strike me as very strict towards Twilight if I was honest. She demands what every teacher demands from their student - to really learn their lessons, to strive to improve and keep learning, never saying to themselves there's nothing to learn in this world.

But she's also gentle with Twilight, it is often Twilight herself expecting some very harsh consequences for her mistakes while Celestia never decides to take such a harsh path. She's a wonderful teacher and my only real complaint is her attitude towards the return of Luna as Nightmare Moon, where she appeared quite dismissive of Twilight's concerns. In the long run though, I believe it is also a VERY important lesson for Twilight Sparkle - a teacher isn't always right. They're people (or ponies... or godlike alicorns), they make their mistakes and part of what they should teach You is ability to verify everything on Your own. 

So to make it short... I think strict is too big word for how Celestia is for Twilight. I will go so far and say that if someone is strict to Twilight Sparkle... it is Twilight Sparkle herself. 

5 hours ago, Vibrant Orb said:

So to make it short... I think strict is too big word for how Celestia is for Twilight. I will go so far and say that if someone is strict to Twilight Sparkle... it is Twilight Sparkle herself. 

Look at Mr. Wisdom over here....
It's only because you've stolen by orb. Good to know you've stopped using them for Rick Rolling yourself. :mlp_toldya:

2 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

Look at Mr. Wisdom over here....
It's only because you've stolen by orb. Good to know you've stopped using them for Rick Rolling yourself. :mlp_toldya:

Woooow, we're playing that game now, huh? :fluttershy:

Still believing Your cube is an orb, huh? c: 

You remind me of Twilight Sparkle when she insisted certain book contains no solution to poison joke, only to realize later how wrong she was :fluttershy:

The fact that that DERPINESS did not result in reprimand from Celestia further proves how not strict she was :3 

She definitely has her rules, but she isn't controlling. When she sent Twilight to Ponyville, she told her to write friendship reports but she always let Twilight have the freedom to explore different friendship concepts organically.

On 2022-06-14 at 6:28 PM, ExplosionMare said:

She definitely has her rules, but she isn't controlling. When she sent Twilight to Ponyville, she told her to write friendship reports but she always let Twilight have the freedom to explore different friendship concepts organically.

This is true. Celestia supported Twilight, she knew she wants to stay with her new friends and let her stay in Ponyville. Writing letters (friendship reports) to her was also a good way to stay in touch, Celestia would have missed her even more otherwise. :coco: