Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Letters to Princess Celestia

Ezynell

So, pretty much, how this thread works, is you type a letter to Princess Celestia saying how becoming a brony changed your life. Pretty simple, right? Here, I'll start.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Becoming a brony is, without doubt, the best thing that has happened to me sense I left the womb. The show, the community, the companionship is all amazing. The moments when I used to be depressed have been replaced with sunny moments, and the times I used to be bullied have been replaced by times hanging out with brony friends that will last a lifetime. All of the characters have taught me important lessons about friendship, leadership, perseverance, and many other traits that have and will surely continue to help me in life. There have been people in the community who have, without hesitation, given up there free time to help me in things before I even ask for help on them, and everypony has done well more then their share to help me feel welcome. The community has inspired me to help give back and I will continue doing so throughout my life to all causes I feel worthy. Moments and songs in the show have taught me life lessons I will never forget and I have met people I will never forget. I'm proud to be a brony.

Your faithful student,

Ice.

Edited by Ice
  • Brohoof 3

Dear Princess Celestia,

I cannot express how grateful I am that I've watched your show. It is just absolutely amazing in every way. I feel so honored to be a brony. Having a community of other bronies to talk to about the show and about how much you love it is also awesome. I have learned many things in each episode I have watched. It makes me feel good about myself that there's a shy pony like me there (fluttershy). Thank you so much for everything. Equestria Brony forever<3. :]

Your faithful student,

Fluttershy92 :]

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

Dear Princess Celestia

The universe in which you govern has reignited the imagination within me that has lain dormant since I was just a child, and for that I thank you. Your subjects inspire humour and friendship and admirable qualities whenever portrayed and this has been a great contribution to my personal well-being in regards to entertainment.

Continue reigning as you will and I am certain that it can only continue to lead to greater things.

~Blue

Dear Princess Luna:

To whom it may concern:

I understand that you stand too close to the window when changing in and out of your armor. If this is unintentional, please make a point of drawing your curtains.

"Avid fans" are starting to become a security risk.

~Royal Guard

• Brohoof 2

Dear Princess Celestia

I thank you for being there to make me smile in a cold dark time in my life. I thank you for making me smile after I was told about my probability of getting a fatal disorder and helping me get through being told I'm suppose to get this disorder at this period of my life. I thank you for helping me see that life is beautiful and that love and tolerance is all you need to be happy. I thank you for being there when my friends weren't. I thank you for teaching me how to be a better person. I thank you for leading me into a community were I could be happy and express my true feelings. I thank you for rekindling my inner-child. I thank you for finding me friends that understand me and have saved my life. I thank you for making me more of an optimist. And most importantly of all I thank you for teaching me the magic of friendship thats in everyones hearts.

~Letrix

Dear Princess Celestia

If I had never discovered the Brony community and My Little Pony, Well I wouldn't be who I am today.

This show/community has shown me how excepting some people can be, Even if you have never met them.

Most forums or places like them are very immature, If you want to talk about something personal there is almost always someone who is going to troll and be very rude, But not this forum, Here you can talk about whatever and almost every single person will be accepting and kind.

Recently I have been feeling kinda depressed but if I had never become a brony than... I would be feeling much much worse than I am now.

Thank you for making me who I am today.

Your faithful student,

~Flame Dancer~

Dear Princess Celestia

My awakening into this, your world Equestria, has ignite my desire of creation and discovery once again. I now find myself eager and exited about the land that you faithfully protect and my dreams about such wonderful world wont scape my imagination, even on daylight.

I also happily report to you that this desire is not mine alone, hundreds of ponies all around me strike the arts of creation bringing to life so much that it would be impossible for me to describe. It is indeed a magnificent world that you care beneath your wings. The treasures that lie hidden in the core of this land are fascinating but still become pale when compared with the passion your ponies longs for being close to it. Their souls burn with common feelings and drive them to come together and forge everlasting friendships that Im sure rejoice your heart.

Ill wait for the day we can meet and tell you about this and so much other treasures that lie hidden in the heart of the member of your herd. Till that day I wish you and them well

A guardian by oath,

Edited by Colt

Dear Princess Celestia,

I didn't learn anything! This is just another thing that I like.

Looking forward to watching your subjects more,

Dustin

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have been a fan of many different shows but I didn't think in a million years that one of them would star cartoon ponies. Before watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic when I thought of My Little Pony I used to think about little girls playing with the generation 1&2 dolls and about a show of never ending dress ups and tea party's. When I found out a good friend of mine was into the show if my life were a Loony Toons cartoon my jaw would have literally the hit the floor, I was intrigued when he brought up Discord though and my natural curiosity just had to find out what so many teenage and adult males saw in this show. It didn't take long for me to get hooked and though I didn't understand at first why so many people like the show is quite simple. It has a good crisp animation style with the right amount of bright colors to attract the audience you would expect to watch without immediately repelling everyone else. It has a good plot with positive messages without being too preachy or judgmental and interesting and engaging characters.

I have done a great deal of thinking since becoming a fan about the double standards of how girls often get into fandoms geared largely toward men and boys and it is for the most part not seen as a big deal but when it is the other way around people can come to some rather unsavory conclusions. And while there is always going to be a few crazies most bronies are actually nice people who just so happen for their own reasons like a show about cartoon ponies. I also noticed a great deal of creativity in the community, I don't even remember the last time I have seen so much quality fan art fan fics, songs and parodies dedicated to the show and the characters that carry it. Anything that inspires people to create and reflect is a good thing in my humble opinion. If anything has changed in my life from this it is a reminder of what is really important, I am going through depressing personal matters right now and am dissapointed with the way my life has turned out. My Little Pony Friendship is helping me keep my depression under control and keep my temper in check until I can put my plan in motion to get my life back on track.

Your faithful student,

EarthbendingProdigy

P.S. say hi to Princess Luna for me

• Brohoof 1

Dear Princess Celestia...

...All over this week I learned that dubstep wont fit in my musical tastes, but that is no excuse to say bad things about it. I learned to ignore it instead of complain. And didn't lost friends because of that, instead, I made new ones!

Your faithful musician,

Perttu Kivilaakso.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I didn't learn anything! This is just another thing that I like.

Looking forward to watching your subjects more,

Dustin

ROFL Could you imagine the episode Lesson Zero, if Twilight simply said in the letter: I didn't learn anything this week. Maybe next time. lol

On to business...

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have never been social a pony. Nor have I ever felt I belonged to any group of people before in my 36 years of life on this planet. That was, until you showed me the community of My Little Pony. Despite the odd squawk of the odd offbeat ponies, I can honestly say that there's always a sense of friendship and comradery among them all, even in the arguments.

But if there's one thing that surprises me the most, I have never once seen a community as loving and as giving as the bronies have been. As I help ponies in private messages and outside the community, there is a support and loving affection that it would seem only another brony can give and recieve. That makes them all special. That makes them unique. That makes them awesome. That makes me love them more and more as i hang around them.

It makes me wonder Princess Celestia, why is that I can feel more love from friends and a community built with people mostly half my age then anytime or anyplace else that I have experienced? That can only mean that there's something special here that the world can not yet see. I'll be more then happy to share it with them in time. After all, I believe every pony deserves to have the best, and deserves what ever love they give, back to them.

Getting ready to lead the herd,

Your Student,

Twilight Circuits

• Brohoof 1

Dear Princess Celestia,

Becoming a brony is not just fun, but it also gives me a wonderful memory. This is because all the bronies will play, talk and share with me. Becoming a brony is awesome, cool and happy.

Lastly, I want to thanks to you for let us, all the bronies live at a epic land, Equestria.

Your new subject,

Smg2daisy

Dear Princess Celestia,

Becoming a fan of your universe has greatly affected my life and the lives of those around me. Before I became a brony, I thought greatly about the consequences of my actions. However, I have taken to becoming more like Pinkie Pie: hyper, giggly, and always wanting to have fun with everyone. And this attitude I now possess has rubbed off on my family and friends, making all of our lives that much brighter.

After reading the (sometimes disturbing) fan writings regarding your world, I convinced myself to take up the pen (er, keyboard) again and write. I am diligently working to make myself a better writer and notable brony in the eyes of the community, both goals that I would be without if not for My Little Pony.

In short, thank you. You have helped me make the lives of my friends and family brighter, and recreated in me the drive to push my capabilities and talents through my writing.

Your faithful student,

Kolth

• 8 years later...

Dear Princess Celestia,

It has happened. Hell has finally frozen over. I am a huge fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. You read that right. I really am a big fan of My Little Pony. I own books, comics, and toys related to this show. Now, before you jump to your presumptions, let me explain myself. 

This show is has good writing, has great music, has fantastic flash animation, has talented voice acting, and has well thought out characters that everypony can relate to. My favorite character thereof is Twilight Sparkle. Like me she is a huge bookworm and knowledge seeker but is socially awkward. She is sent to Ponyville to learn more about friendship, love, tolerance, ect. The other pony I relate to most is Fluttershy. She is very timid and has trouble socializing because of this. She prefers to live away from the noisy cities and villages in a cottage in the woods. She also spends most of her time with what she loves - her animals.

This show has gained a surprisingly huge fandom, a following consisting of both male and female fans. They make art, music, fanfics, and even full length episodes! The best thing of all about this community is that, unlike many other communities online (and some offline too), it is very warm and accepting and non-judgemental. It makes me feel like I actually belong there.

Through all this, I have learned not to judge a book by it's cover, or in this case a show by it's intended demographic.

Your faithful student,

Paleopony

Edited by Paleopony

• 1 year later...