Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi friends! :D

Starset Twinkle

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Twilight Sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

I used to read the episode discussions as they aired, I was just too shy to join in!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

For context, I grew up with two older sisters who forced their love of cute things upon me. Then there was my mom who showed us several dozen musicals during our formative years. There was also my dad whose career was related to music. Lastly, there was me, who absolutely loved animation in general. So, yeah, I was fairly predisposed to like this show. I had heard it was getting a little popular on a certain unmentionable site during late 2010, but I avoided it because I assumed it would be like Dora the Explorer. During early 2011, I was watching a boatload of various YouTube content and I happened across a Winter Wrap Up video. I thought the song was surprisingly great which swayed me from thinking it was not worth paying attention to. Fast forward a couple weeks. I just finished re-watching Teen Titans and was looking up some stuff on IMDB and saw that Tara Strong was in MLP. Raven, in MLP? I gave in.

I started watching the first episode and I remember the exact moment I knew I was doomed. It was when Rainbow Dash was jumping on the cloud to make it rain on Twilight. I almost died of a heart attack it was so adorable. I watched all the episodes that were out in rapid succession. The first episode I watched as it aired was Stare Master. I continued watched the show until the end of the fourth season. I then took a hiatus for several years where I mostly forgot about the show, not because I didn't care about it, but because of life-related things. In mid-2019 I found out the show was ending so I started to watch again. I re-watched the full series but didn't manage to get to season 9 by the time it aired. I watched the last episode in December of 2019.

As I stated above, I read the episode discussions on this forum, starting around late season 2 until the end of season 4. Other than that, I was more of a casual viewer, occasionally seeing some fan content but not engaging much more beyond that. However, by the re-watch in 2019, I was a very different person, and the show was significantly more affecting to me. I now love the show more than ever and am currently re-watching it again (just started season 8). I've also started engaging with a lot more fan related content and decided I should interact with other fans of the show, since I never really did before because I was too afraid.

As for me as a person, I'm fairly shy, so I'll probably still read more than I post. I'm also fairly meticulous and self-conscious so posting is a lot of effort for me. >.< I love pretty much all art forms but music most of all. I used to play the drums, but only recreationally. I play video games, mostly single-player games except the various Halo games. I enjoy science, but especially physics, astronomy and math (probably not much of a surprise I chose Twilight as best of the mane 6). If you want to know more, please ask me, I'm not very good at talking about myself unless I have a specific prompt like the one above.

Starlight is best pony. Sunset number two. Twilight number three. Trixie number four (criminally underrated). Yes, I have a unicorn problem!

• Brohoof 4

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Started with Winter Wrap Up, speedran the show to the end of 4th season and took a long break.. Sweet Celestia, it's like I was somewhat reading my own story. :P I had pretty much the same adventure. :darling:

I hope you'll have a good time here! :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 3

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh :ph3ar: I love animation in general too; I have a huge collection. And I love Raven. My avatar pic is a ponified Raven, made for the TSSSF card game (you have to play it). I also have an advanced degree in physics and I like math, but that's a long story. I also like video games, but more as a collector, I have thousands of physical games.

• Brohoof 3

Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a wonderful time and you enjoy your experience with everyone here. 

Also, kickass that you play Halo! It's one of my favourite game series too! I've played it ever since I was a kid and there's just not enough that can be said on how great it is. 

It's very lovely to meet you! 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello and welcome to the herd! :mlp_yeehaa:

Started with Winter Wrap Up, speedran the show to the end of 4th season and took a long break.. Sweet Celestia, it's like I was somewhat reading my own story. :P I had pretty much the same adventure. :darling:

I hope you'll have a good time here! :BrightMacContent:

Hehe, it's comforting to know that! Thanks for the warm welcome! :) 

3 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

Can definitely agree with your favorite ponies! I have been into the show since 2011, I hope you like it here.

Yes! Thanks so much for the add! :D 

2 hours ago, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh :ph3ar: I love animation in general too; I have a huge collection. And I love Raven. My avatar pic is a ponified Raven, made for the TSSSF card game (you have to play it). I also have an advanced degree in physics and I like math, but that's a long story. I also like video games, but more as a collector, I have thousands of physical games.

Your picture is so freaking awesome!! I haven't heard of that card game, but I looked it up and it looks fun. I wish I had a degree, but that's also a long story, hehe. I like collecting things too, but I definitely can't afford thousands! (Yet :P)

2 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a wonderful time and you enjoy your experience with everyone here. 

Also, kickass that you play Halo! It's one of my favourite game series too! I've played it ever since I was a kid and there's just not enough that can be said on how great it is. 

It's very lovely to meet you! 

Thanks very much! If you ever want someone to play Halo with sometime, let me know, I'm still trying to complete all the achievements in the MCC, and I've played a ton of multiplayer in every game, except for 5 (I don't actually dislike 5 like many do, I just haven't played it nearly as much because it's not in the MCC).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

You have THE BEST taste in ponies!! :pinkie: anyways hopefully you find friendship on the forums, I myself am still looking but there's nothing I love more than this show, so I'm hoping my posts find "like minds". Anyways hope to talk sometime!

Edited by KingCorvus

39 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

You have THE BEST taste in ponies!! :pinkie: anyways hopefully you find friendship on the forums, I myself am still looking but there's nothing I love more than this show, so I'm hoping my post finds "like minds". Anyways hope to talk sometime!

Thanks so much! I'm very happy to be here. I hope you find what you're looking for too!

13 hours ago, Starset Twinkle said:

Hehe, it's comforting to know that! Thanks for the warm welcome! :) 

Yes! Thanks so much for the add! :D 

Your picture is so freaking awesome!! I haven't heard of that card game, but I looked it up and it looks fun. I wish I had a degree, but that's also a long story, hehe. I like collecting things too, but I definitely can't afford thousands! (Yet :P)

Thank you!!!

Thanks very much! If you ever want someone to play Halo with sometime, let me know, I'm still trying to complete all the achievements in the MCC, and I've played a ton of multiplayer in every game, except for 5 (I don't actually dislike 5 like many do, I just haven't played it nearly as much because it's not in the MCC).

I would love to have a game with you! I have a copy of each the Halo games separately, but I would love to get my hands on the MCC in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

I would love to have a game with you! I have a copy of each the Halo games separately, but I would love to get my hands on the MCC in the future. 

Cool! If you want to, you can add me on XBL. My gamertag it is Iamtheplague007. The name is a reference to my old RuneScape account when I was trying to be an intimidating middle schooler, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Starset Twinkle said:

Cool! If you want to, you can add me on XBL. My gamertag it is Iamtheplague007. The name is a reference to my old RuneScape account when I was trying to be an intimidating middle schooler, lol.

Oh my, oh my, oh my, you had to remind me of my old monikers too. DingoOfTheNight, I believe it was. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, hahah. Awesome sauce, I will most certainly add you! My name on Xbox is Guerrero de Sol!

1 minute ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Oh my, oh my, oh my, you had to remind me of my old monikers too. DingoOfTheNight, I believe it was. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, hahah. Awesome sauce, I will most certainly add you! My name on Xbox is Guerrero de Sol!

DingoOfTheNight, that's the best thing I've heard today! XD

At least my XBL tag was a slight improvement over my RS name which was just Iamtheplauge (misspelled that way), so people would constantly tell me I spelled it wrong.

1 minute ago, Starset Twinkle said:

DingoOfTheNight, that's the best thing I've heard today! XD

At least my XBL tag was a slight improvement over my RS name which was just Iamtheplauge (misspelled that way), so people would constantly tell me I spelled it wrong.

Iamtheplauge! Hehe, those kinds of little mistakes are ones to cherish. They make good history ;) 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Aticus the Adequate said:

Iamtheplauge! Hehe, those kinds of little mistakes are ones to cherish. They make good history ;) 

Thanks, it's good to be reminded of that. It's our flaws as well as our strengths that make us interesting. Took me a while understand that, but MLP definitely helped. I try to remember that when I get into an overly perfectionist mindset.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Starset Twinkle said:

Thanks, it's good to be reminded of that. It's our flaws as well as our strengths that make us interesting. Took me a while understand that, but MLP definitely helped. I try to remember that when I get into an overly perfectionist mindset.

Correctomundo! There's no such thing as a perfect person and there's two things in life we can always count on to happen. 1) That we will inevitably make mistakes. And 2) That we will learn from those mistakes and do better every time. :) 

• Brohoof 1