Guess the name of the Shadowy Alicorn!

Toastypk

This is a big thing I want to know, and I have had the curiosity to post this thread for some time.

2920295.jpg

The big mysterious Shadowy Alicorn who will almost certianly have a major prominence in the show has no name given just yet, and I've just wondered what it could be, since they're keeping it a secret, and will be a big reveal, possibly even in the MYM series trailer that may come out soon.
Maybe we can guess and see who turns out the closest!

What is this creepy dark alicorn's name, would you guess? At least pick a couple of possible letters her name could start with! And titles like Princess and Queen don't count, either.

I almost put up a poll with 26 options with every letter of the alphabet, but maybe it will be easier just for you to post. 

If I had to guess, she either seems like a P name, F name, M name. I know of someone on derpibooru who seems to have settled on a certain name which seems like it would fit.

(It's long enough that we can talk about her safely, right?)

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this myself, and I'm terrified that she'll turn out to be Flurry Heart in the end.  I feel like having cute little baby FH turn into an evil alicorn villainess would be a desecration of the character---though I have to admit that attitude may not be fair on my part.  After all, Luna was probably a cute filly before she became Nightmare Moon, too.

One thing that reinforces this idea is---what is the opposite of "sunny"?  Cloudy, rainy, and snowy all count.  And "Flurry" counts as snowy...

With that context in mind, Queen Stormheart seems like an appropriate name for nightmare!Flurry Heart.

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

I've been thinking about this myself, and I'm terrified that she'll turn out to be Flurry Heart in the end.  I feel like having cute little baby FH turn into an evil alicorn villainess would be a desecration of the character---though I have to admit that attitude may not be fair on my part.  After all, Luna was probably a cute filly before she became Nightmare Moon, too.

One thing that reinforces this idea is---what is the opposite of "sunny"?  Cloudy, rainy, and snowy all count.  And "Flurry" counts as snowy...

With that context in mind, Queen Stormheart seems like an appropriate name for nightmare!Flurry Heart.

I'm not quite convinced it's going to be her.

A flashback in the comic showed Shadowy Alicorn, and not only was she an adult and had the same bad temperament without any nightmare-ing, she was a unicorn, which means she became an alicorn somehow. Probably through some sort of sordid means.

2891767.png

• Brohoof 1

I am wonder why so many presume that she is a corrputed Flurry Heart. I mean, sure, it is possible, but I don't see a reason why she should be the shadowy Alicorn. I mean, why could it not be for example Luster Dawn who turned evil with the time after the finaly? I also saw people who presumed that Radiant Hope is the alicorn. Both is also possible, but if it would make sence, I don't know. And Radiant Hope was not even show canon. 

Well, I am also not sure how much the g5 comics are really g5 show canon. I mean, that she is the Alicorn is obvious. But I don't understand why she is not fully shown and only as a shadow. This could hint that she is an already known character. 

I also rememebr to saw some poeple call an pony Misty, but I am not sure if they presumed it was her or her unicorn assistant. 

If I would gave a random name suggest: Midnight Storm

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, it seems we may have possibly got an answer today.

In one of the official books, it shows a map of G5 Equestria, or at least the parts they're focusing on now. And in the corner there is an interesting location...

Spoiler

large.jpg

The Shadowy Alicorn's name might be Opaline!

Who else would have a dark castle here, anyway?

EDIT: And someone on derpibooru found this listing for a MLP toy named "Wing Opaline".

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MLP-WING-OPALINE/1000195335

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...