Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Nightmare's Punch

Derpy.H

Hello all! I started writing a story yesterday, planned to be a romace/action/dark/tragedy.

The first chapter doesn't capture all the elements in one, but future chapters will.

Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Nightmare’s Beginning

Nightmare Punch arose from his sleep. He should’ve been shocked, but he was used to this thing by now.

“Ugh. Stupid nightmares...” He sighed.

Nightmare got out of his bed and walked downstairs. He saw his parents making breakfast and then, in all of a sudden, they disappeared. Nightmare just stood in complete understanding of what happened.

“Memories... Why must you project yourself to me?” He asked himself.

He continued to walk towards the cupboards.

“Swirly Sun! Are you there?” Nightmare shouted behind him.

“Yeah! Coming in a minute, don’t worry!” Swirly Sun replied.

Nightmare looked around to see if she was entering the room but she was not.

“What do you want for breakfast, Swirly?” Nightmare asked, his hunger growing.

“Umm.. the normal, if you wouldn’t mind, please?” she said, as she finally begun to enter the room.

“Which normal? You have so many ‘normal’s” Nightmare laughed.

“Cereal - Apple Jacks to be exact, silly.” she replied.

Nightmare went on to prepare both breakfasts. He couldn’t reach the cereal and the thought then just occurred to him that he was a unicorn. He then got the milk out, along with the bowls and finally prepared everything. After making the cereal he placed all the things back and took the bowls to the table.

“Morning, by the way.” Nightmare delightfully said to Swirly as he gave her a kiss. Nightmare then sat down and began eating his cereal. Swirly looked at Nightmare and became concerned very quickly.

“Are you alright, Nightmare? You seem to be unwell..” Swirly asked, very concerned.

Nightmare looked up. He hesitated to speak. But finally came out with the words

“Ye-yeah... Well, no. I keep seeing these.. these memories. I walked down here today to see my parents cooking, but.. they couldn’t have been. Because of them.. well, you know.. dying. I keep seeing my past. It is haunting me. I am getting more frustrated every day.” Nightmare said, confessing to it all.

“Oh, wow. Do you have any ideas on why these are happening?” Swirly questioned.

“....”

“Um... are you alri-”

“Nightmares. It’s the nightmares. It’s my life. It’s... It’s... impossible."

“What’re you talking about, Nightmare? I am beginning to worry.”

“Do not. It is of something I will get to the bottom of. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“OR WILL YOU!?” A random voice suddenly screamed from inside of Nightmare’s head.

“What the? Agh! My head! What is going on!?” Nightmare screamed in confusion.

The world around him twisted and turned. Swirly disappeared from the room completely. Nightmare got up and tried to walk outside. He felt dizzy from all the twisting and turning. He ran outside to find nopony was around in his town of Burmareda. He began to fill up with rage and screamed in anger “Who are you!? What are you?! Turn everything back to normal!!”.

“Hehehe. You believe I control this? I, Ark? I may be evil. I may have entered your mind. But I do not control this. You do, my friend. I leave you to your.. solitude. Unless you feel to make it.. different.” The mystery voice, revealed to be a pony named Ark, finally said.

“What.. how.. I couldn’t control this. This is evil.. this is... no.. Swirly!? Serah!? Blake?! Anypony? …please.. help..”

Nightmare then just stopped. He fell to the ground. He hoped. Hope being his last resort. He hoped that by chance a pony would come by and help him out. To understand this. And in all of a sudden, the town repopulated with all the ponies. Nightmare looked up from the ground to see ponies walking by, apparently oblivious to his existence. Nightmare got up and walked into his house. Swirly was back in the house. But something was odd. Nightmare’s bowl had disappeared. “Swirly...?” Nightmare tried to call out to Swirly but she did not reply to his voice. “Swirly! Swirly!!” Nightmare screamed. She didn’t respond at all. He continued to scream, but his scream then slowly turned into crying. “Why is this happening to me!?” Nightmare shouted through his tears “The ponies are back! But why have I been dragged out of existence!? What is going on!? Help! Me!” Nightmare screamed before crawling into a ball.

“Hehehe... you wanted no more solitude. You got it, didn’t you?” Ark taunted.

Nightmare stopped everything. He got out of his ball position and stood back up.

“You! This is your fault! Why do you feel you have the superiority to rule over me!? Well!? Well!?!” Nightmare screamed, his rage increasing by the second.

“Oh, don’t you see? I have told you once, must I tell you again?”

“I can’t possibly control this! It isn’t possible!”

“Look around you now.” Ark instructed.

Nightmare stopped looking upwards and begun to notice that the house he was in had lost all its floors and its roof. The whole house was badly damaged. He then looked around him to notice that the whole town had been destroyed. It was the apocalypse. Zombie ponies roamed the street. They all begun to notice Nightmare and ran towards him.

“I guess you definitely have no more solitude now, hehehe. Hahaha! Hahaha!” Ark laughed maniacally.

“Oh my Celestia! Help me! Don’t attack me! Stop! Now!!” Nightmare shouted in pure fright.

As he said those words the zombie ponies stopped in their position, as if they were frozen.

“Heh. You see, Nightmare. This is all controlled by you. You’re the master of this world, I guess would be the correct term.”

Nightmare then began to think things to himself, seeing if they would project. He thought of a world with only him and Swirly Sun. The world then started to melt, revealing a world with Swirly awaiting Nightmare’s visit. Nightmare walked towards Swirly but something seemed wrong. She did nothing.

“Oh, woops. I guess I forgot to mention one thing. You’re not the only one with control here. I am too. Hehehe.” Ark said as Swirly turned into flat cardboard and fell over. “My turn.”

The world Nightmare was in once again melted to reveal a land of horror. Dead ponies were strewn everywhere. Blood was splattered over all the streets and the houses. Ponies’ guts were hammered onto the walls spelling many words. “Do you like horror films, Nightmare?” Ark asked, rhetorically. Ark began to project horrors that were unspeakable right in front of Nightmare. Nightmare couldn’t resist. He was forced to stay and stare at everything shown.

Nightmare Punch woke up and shot up. He then came to realisation of what happened and lazily got out of his bed.

“Ugh. Stupid nightmares...” He sighed.

Do you like it? Please leave some feedback in the comments. Thanks!