Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cover Photo / Profile Banner

Jeric

A few years back we installed an application named Kitchen Sink which included a simple way to switch on a larger (higher) cover photo / profile banner allowance. That application has been identified as a cause for several glitches and has been removed. 

Going forward I do intend on modifying the theme CSS to mirror the larger profile banners, but I wanted to give you a heads up as to why profile banners may seem off. Thanks for the moment of your time. 

• Brohoof 6

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

A few years back we installed an application named Kitchen Sink which included a simple way to switch on a larger (higher) cover photo / profile banner allowance. That application has been identified as a cause for several glitches and has been removed. 

Going forward I do intend on modifying the theme CSS to mirror the larger profile banners, but I wanted to give you a heads up as to why profile banners may seem off. Thanks for the moment of your time. 

"Kitchen Sink"? No wonder it was the cause of several forums issues. :-P

Thanks for the heads up! :grin:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Oh well. If it makes the site run better...

Shutting it off worked better than the cattle prod, the hive of bees, AND having extended warranty insurance companies call the server every hour for a few days. I swear I tried it all. 

:please:

• Brohoof 2

Thankfully, the mobile views (the two different smaller views) show the full cover photo perfectly. It is just desktop view that shows too little.

How about the background of the forum still being Christmas themed? Was that also part of the Kitchen Sink problem?

I honestly don't see much of a difference, maybe except some really minor changes like with the profile banner. :mlp_icwudt: I haven't noticed any loss, but only good effects of its removal.

- from what I see, it just does some minor changes here and there that can be easily done without it

- I didn't like how it was impacting my image attachments e-twithonkwoke.png.31ba956c6b878dac5bfcbd776dff0c2b.png

- if I'm seeing it right, this plugin aside initial payment, requires a renewal $15 every 6 months, which again, only makes it better if you can go without it

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

How about the background of the forum still being Christmas themed? Was that also part of the Kitchen Sink problem?

Nope, Kitchen Sink has nothing to do with it.

Pegasi brought the Winter manually, now the Winter Wrap Up has also to be done manually. :oh_golly:

Heeey my oc is a pegasus, if you all sing winter wrap up I'll make it go away! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

It's still there? I actually forgot about it lol, but yeah.

The problem is, that contents there (like status updates) look like this

2022-09-11_19-32-55.png.71725d4db18b599d79c34c4e7ea09d9d.png

But should have a margin and look like this:

2022-09-11_19-33-08.png.83c4471d4aa613461e3540f85a985df4.png

If I recall correctly, it started looking like this after the previous forum update, or at least, is a rather old issue now.

Thing is, the margin is set normally at first, but then there comes some custom.css and overrides it to 0, slapping the contents to the very left where the content type icon is, making them overlap in the activity tab on profile.

2022-09-11_19-49-22.png.0da262349f2955821b8db8c93e0afc59.png

In activity tab on profile page, it is even wilder, as multiple the same overrides appear:

2022-06-03_17-24-46.png.20f0f86d90ff2af6a7d52ec541914873.png

Perhaps this override comes from something called "SUPER SEARCH AND STREAM RESULTS", as that's the only result that popped out easily.

I forgot about this being a thing, because I modified it in my mod™ some time ago, by slapping an !important rule to keep the margin at 55px as it should be as a temporary solution.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-09-10 at 2:44 AM, Jeric said:

Shutting it off worked better than the cattle prod, the hive of bees, AND having extended warranty insurance companies call the server every hour for a few days. I swear I tried it all. 

:please:

Did they tell them to turn the servers off, and then back on?

LOL!

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-09-11 at 12:42 PM, Splashee said:

Only the eyes are visible on Desktop View, but I also wanted to highlight THAT other annoying icon that overlaps the Status messages:
only_eyes.thumb.png.fe28cd4ad5ec9a9f20c28d08bbae9ecd.png

That’s my fault. I didn’t know what that setting did so I wanted to see. I’ll be turning it off very very soon

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unpinned