Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tell me about your cutie mark!

Shiny Silvermoon

Hello, everypony! Can I have your attention for a few seconds? Thank you! I am aware that many of you have an OC or even more than one! And since everypony has a cutie mark, I'd be glad if you could tell me about yours! Or maybe show it if it's possible! :P

If you're shy, let me break the ice for you by telling you about mine! :fluttershy:

My cutie mark represent a silver crescent moon with a silver and blue double-tailed shooting star! It means that I love the moon and just like a shooting star I bring hope! :LunaMCM:

Here's my cutie mark :

Notes_230324_210532_fcd.thumb.jpg.a6215f31bead9c1af2bcfb6e516c74f9.jpg

I hope to have the chance to hear about yours now! :D

Edited by The Wife of Law

Ahh! Yes! if only I had a reference image of Stellar's cutie mark... Well, I'll just use another OC for now! 

Here's the cutie mark of my OC: Sienna Cinnamon! 

It's a cup of steaming hot coffee! She's a barista, but coffee has sugar and is sweet, like Sienna! It's sort of a double meaning! :D 

Temp.png.f233d78953f8793756ac53232c2a949e.png.b632c5fa410daf427c2d47c2b5c3d36e.png.01c6f391cbd2616bdf9132ce4c88a26f.png

• Brohoof 1

My ponysona, Brown Sugar, has a Stag beetle as his cutie mark, gotten after playing with bugs in his backyard as a colt. However, he's named after a product often used in baking, and both of his parents work in the food field. Embarrassed by the huge beetle on his flank, he often covers it with a large sticker, usually of a star or smiley face.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Stellar Cresentmoon said:

Ahh! Yes! if only I had a reference image of Stellar's cutie mark... Well, I'll just use another OC for now! 

Here's the cutie mark of my OC: Sienna Cinnamon! 

It's a cup of steaming hot coffee! She's a barista, but coffee has sugar and is sweet, like Sienna! It's sort of a double meaning! :D 

Temp.png.f233d78953f8793756ac53232c2a949e.png.b632c5fa410daf427c2d47c2b5c3d36e.png.01c6f391cbd2616bdf9132ce4c88a26f.png

Sienna's cutie mark looks great! I'm glad that I get to know you a little better by hearing about one of your OCs! I hope I'll be able to see Stellar's cutie mark one day! :eager:

(edited)
17 hours ago, Gaines said:

My ponysona, Brown Sugar, has a Stag beetle as his cutie mark, gotten after playing with bugs in his backyard as a colt. However, he's named after a product often used in baking, and both of his parents work in the food field. Embarrassed by the huge beetle on his flank, he often covers it with a large sticker, usually of a star or smiley face.

@Gaines Wow! This one is sooo creative! Usually, ponies are supposed to be proud of their cutie marks and the fact that your ponysona doesn't and tries to hide it is just so original! In my opinion, the Cutiemark Crusaders meeting Brown Sugar and ending up helping him accepting his cutie mark would have been a great episode! :squee:

Edited by Shiny Silvermoon

@Shiny Silvermoon

Since this thread is discussing MLP OCs, it will be moved to Sugarcube Corner. That is where any and all talk of MLP OCs belong.

Thank you :Rara:

(edited)
26 minutes ago, The Wife of Law said:

@Shiny Silvermoon

Since this thread is discussing MLP OCs, it will be moved to Sugarcube Corner. That is where any and all talk of MLP OCs belong.

Thank you :Rara:

Oh sorry! I didn't know about it! I'll know for the next time! :rarity:

A pinecone. It symbolizes the physical defects my OC suffers from. This problem has defined his whole life, actually. So, I believe this was an appropriate symbol for him. Something permanently underdeveloped. Of course, he is a blank flank because of this. But he carries the pinecone as a reminder. It makes him spiteful to see it. But it also gives him a faint sense of purpose. Even if it is motivated by self-hatred and shame.

Still, it is not all bad. He can see the wonder of the world with child-like eyes. It is that part within himself that keeps him alive for the most part. But as a direct result, he suffers from bipolar disorder and mild schizophrenia. The world can be a dark place. But the dream lights the path. Perhaps even blinding him to the perils of reality. This oblivion is both a blessing and a curse.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

My OC has a dish washing brand looking cutie mark with secret powers and history.

But when that is not important to the plot, it is just an upside down tilted rotating arrow with cool colors :Tempest:

• Brohoof 1

I can't access vector file of my CM now (new PC, I have yet to install my old hard drive on it), but here's my pony, Vibrant Grove with it on :3

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.44520d329b89112374b41c051f25261c.png

His cutie mark involves trees and a path made of Stave with notes made on it. It reflect Vibrant Grove's musical talent as well as his ability to affect (to a limited level) nature that surrounds him with music. His instrument of choice for that is a guitar. 

I have yet to create a story for how he got his cutie mark (honestly, even detailed description of it is a recent thing), but this is what I can say for now :3 

• Brohoof 1

Silky's cutiemark is an interestingly deceptive one. She got it during her many experimentation of mixing plants, gems and other magical properties. 
But she doesn't like to be seen as a potion-maker, due to the stigma behind it. Or due to the fact that her past is connected to many explosive mistakes that earned her a bad reputation.

But, you know how friendship goes, those combustable "mistakes" that outsiders complained about was more of a sign of hidden potential that showed her exceeding in her gifts. Friends who stuck around understood this and learned to grow together with her <3 

In order to avoid ruffling some feathers, she simply conceals her talent in a beauty and spa shop. Where her cutiemark looks more like a beauty product than a potion. And indeed, she makes sure to carefully calculate the portions during lab work in order to maintain the same results. But as a secret hobby, she still enjoys mixing all kinds of magical plants and gems to see what happens. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
15 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

A pinecone. It symbolizes the physical defects my OC suffers from. This problem has defined his whole life, actually. So, I believe this was an appropriate symbol for him. Something permanently underdeveloped. Of course, he is a blank flank because of this. But he carries the pinecone as a reminder. It makes him spiteful to see it. But it also gives him a faint sense of purpose. Even if it is motivated by self-hatred and shame.

Still, it is not all bad. He can see the wonder of the world with child-like eyes. It is that part within himself that keeps him alive for the most part. But as a direct result, he suffers from bipolar disorder and mild schizophrenia. The world can be a dark place. But the dream lights the path. Perhaps even blinding him to the perils of reality. This oblivion is both a blessing and a curse.

@They call me Loyalty Oh my! :blink: I wasn't expecting this at all! :adorkable: But I'm happy to see that we all have different ways to deal with the meaning of our cutie mark! Kind of...

In my opinion, a pinecone just needs water, a fertile soil with enough nutrients and tones of love to grow up and become a big and strong fir! :lookup:

(edited)
7 hours ago, Splashee said:

My OC has a dish washing brand looking cutie mark with secret powers and history.

But when that is not important to the plot, it is just an upside down tilted rotating arrow with cool colors :Tempest:

@Splashee That's a simple description of your cutie mark! However, it doesn't decrease the value of your cutie mark at all! :squee:

3 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I can't access vector file of my CM now (new PC, I have yet to install my old hard drive on it), but here's my pony, Vibrant Grove with it on :3

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.44520d329b89112374b41c051f25261c.png

His cutie mark involves trees and a path made of Stave with notes made on it. It reflect Vibrant Grove's musical talent as well as his ability to affect (to a limited level) nature that surrounds him with music. His instrument of choice for that is a guitar. 

I have yet to create a story for how he got his cutie mark (honestly, even detailed description of it is a recent thing), but this is what I can say for now :3 

You don't have to be embarrassed about not having a cutie mark story! I don't have one as well! What really matters is the meaning of your cutie mark and the one of yours is original and very interesting to me! :laugh:

Also, maybe I should try to find a story for my cutie mark as well! :huh:

(edited)
4 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Silky's cutiemark is an interestingly deceptive one. She got it during her many experimentation of mixing plants, gems and other magical properties. 
But she doesn't like to be seen as a potion-maker, due to the stigma behind it. Or due to the fact that her past is connected to many explosive mistakes that earned her a bad reputation.

But, you know how friendship goes, those combustable "mistakes" that outsiders complained about was more of a sign of hidden potential that showed her exceeding in her gifts. Friends who stuck around understood this and learned to grow together with her <3 

In order to avoid ruffling some feathers, she simply conceals her talent in a beauty and spa shop. Where her cutiemark looks more like a beauty product than a potion. And indeed, she makes sure to carefully calculate the portions during lab work in order to maintain the same results. But as a secret hobby, she still enjoys mixing all kinds of magical plants and gems to see what happens. 

@Princess Silky What a beautiful cutie mark story! It doesn't matter how many times you fail when you do something because it's by failing that you learn from your mistakes! Like you with your potions! :oh_golly:

By hearing other ponies talk about their cutie marks, I learned that everypony has a different way to see their own! All cutie marks are uniques just like the story that comes with one and also like the pony who this cutie mark belongs to! You don't have to afraid of having a cutie mark not as amazing as others because the fact that yours is different is what will make it precious! :)

Perhaps I could try to find myself a cutie mark story! :fluttershy: