• season 2
    • season 3
    • season 4
    • season 5
    • season 6
    • season 7
    • season 8
    • season 9

The series had a plethora of great songs, what season in your opinion was the best in this aspect? You can choose multiple season but if you have a clear winner than vote just for it. 

Some highlights for me: 

Season 1: At the gala and winter wrap up (we all liked some of pinkies mini songs too :P).

Season 2: Becoming Popular, The Flim Flam Brothers, Smile Song and This Day Aria.

Season 3: The Ballad of the Crystal Empire, Babs Seed and What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me.

Season 4: Bats, Glass of Water, Apples to the Core, Pinkies rap song and You'll Play Your Part.

Season 5: In Our Town, Make This Castle a Home, some Crusaders of the Lost Mark songs and The Magic Inside.

Season 6: some A Hearth's Warming Tail songs like Say Goodbye to the Holiday, Pinkie's Present and Luna's Future. Personally, all the great songs for me were in just 1 episode.

Season 7: You're in My Head Like a Catchy Song and Flawless. This season had only 5 songs, but to be fair I liked all of them.

Season 8: Friendship Always Wins, A Kirin Tale and Just Can't Be a Dragon Here.

Season 9: Better Way to Be Bad, Lotta Little Things and The Magic of Friendship Grows. 

The first season had many short songs and a few standard songs and the later seasons (7-9) Had very few songs overall. 

• Brohoof 2

While every season has at least a couple of great songs, I think the earliest seasons had the most memorable ones. I guess season 1 is my pick, due to so many standout songs (though season 2 comes very close):

• "Winter Wrap Up" is iconic, of course.
  • "So Many Wonders" is a lovely and underrated one (I just wish it wasn't so short).
  • "The Cutie Mark Crusaders Anthem" might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I've always enjoyed it. One of the few rock songs in the series, and the vocals may not be perfect but they're perfectly Scootaloo.

And of course I can't forget all the Pinkie songs. :pinkie: "Laughter Song" captured her personality so well, and there's a sense of nostalgia to it, being the first MLP song I heard (other than the theme song). "Pony Pokey" is just fun. And those short songs that were already mentioned – maybe not something I'd listen to much outside the show, but they added to her adorable personality. They're an aspect of the show I would have liked to hear more often in the later episodes.

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders Anthem" might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I've always enjoyed it. One of the few rock songs in the series, and the vocals may not be perfect but they're perfectly Scootaloo.

I agree, while most seems too not like it I always found this entertaining. The tune is catchy and while the singing is off on purpose it goes well with the episode, the atmosphere and has charm to it. 

• Brohoof 2

Best? Hard to say, as has already been mentioned every season has it's highlights. For me though, I'd have to pick season four, because of 'Hearts Strong as Horses', 'Let the Rainbow Remind You', and 'You'll Play Your Part'.

The fact that the last song on that list is the first of only a very few occasions where we get to hear Princess Luna sing basically justifies choosing season four by itself.