Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide - Which are you best at?

Thundershock

math  

71 users have voted

1. 1. which one are you best at?

• adding
    • subtracting
    • multipling
    • dividing
    • im bad at all of them
    • im the master of all of them! MUAHAHA!!

2 hours ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

Learn it in a different base, like hexadecimal, using a multiplication table. That is a good way to understand.

Believe me, I’ve tried every way I could think of. It just makes no sense to me. Give me a calculator. I am too stupid for division.

I am awful at all math. It doesn't matter what method I’m using. I failed math twice in high school, meaning that I had to retake it twice in summer school. Even then, I barely passed with a D- in both instances. My high school “diagnosed” me with a very specific math learning disability. I was placed in a remedial math class my senior year and I did much better then. No matter how much I try, I cannot grasp the concepts and skills of math unless I have a teacher holding my hand the entire time. Obviously, I can add and subtract but anything other than that... No. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've never found any of them difficult at all, but somehow, I think adding is the simplest and easiest to do. I'd say adding is slightly easier than subtracting, and multiplying is easier than dividing, but the differences are pretty insignificant. Unless we're dealing with a lot of decimals, for example – then I'd say dividing is clearly harder than the others. :P

• Brohoof 2

I suck with numbers, anyone who knows me would be able to tell you that. But adding seems to be the easiest one for me. Multiplying can be easy too, as long as it's with smaller numbers.. otherwise, definitely not. Dividing is the most difficult one.

Well my skill with a calculator is second to none, so. :P

Honestly though, when it comes to mental math, adding and multiplying are the easiest for me. Adding is simple, just line the numbers up top to bottom and add downwards. Multiplying is a little bit more difficult, so I generally estimate an answer.

Like, what's 3920 times 42?

About 160000. :3

Edited by Meson Bolt

I can do all four of them decently, but when things get overly complicated, that's when it starts getting difficult to do in my head.

• 3 months later...

Me after finishing a long division -> :mlp_nom:

Me after checking if the result was correct (using calculator) -> :maud:

Me always using calculator from now on -> :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Im...not good at math in general! :adorkable:

On 12/2/2019 at 6:02 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

Honey, I suck at ALL of it. 

.....although, adding is still probably the easiest. 

Wait, so you couldnt help me with math when I go to college???? 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...