Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide - Which are you best at?

Thundershock

math  

71 users have voted

1. 1. which one are you best at?

• adding
    • subtracting
    • multipling
    • dividing
    • im bad at all of them
    • im the master of all of them! MUAHAHA!!

in class i've been learning about adding,subtracting,dividing,and multipling decimals,so that got me thinking.which one are you guys best at? i'd say im best at adding.

p.s. can someone tell me if i mispelled multipling? cause i think i did.

Edited by golden felix
  • Brohoof 1

I'm probably the best at multiplying. Division I'm pretty good at as well, but multiplication just seems more natural to me. It's probably my favorite of the four -ions, and it's my favorite.

Edited by Betez

math has always been my strongest subject (besides music) so I guess I've been good at all of them for a bit now :) that's the only thing I actually liked about math though haha it's pretty boring when things are or aren't

I remember when division used to beat me with a bat. ;~;

But now I'm an expert at all of them. 

I'm probably just best at adding. That IS the easiest one out of all four of them.

Also @golden felix It's Multiplying c:

Edited by ~Wubs~

1 on, 0 off

addition is all you ever need.

Just kidding, you'll actually need a lot more math than that. Enjoy adding decimals while you can.

PS: If you are EVER unsure about your spelling, google it. Google will correct whatever misspelling you may have.

Your poll doesn't have an option for double integrals... Why not? Differential calculus is where it's at!

Not vector calculus though, that's just nerdy.

• Brohoof 4

Adding of course, it's like everyones first maths homework when they were at a young age, same thing goes for subtraction. I'd say multiplication is pretty easy as well xP but division is where I usually fail lol. I know it's sort of like multiplication in a way but I just don't seem to find it as easy.

Heheh, what a silly question...

I can't math.

But no, seriously, I'm awful at mathematics. It was always my weakest subject is school, I left with an E... Mind you, I was predicted a G, so I showed THEM! 9QvF1.png

Oddly enough, I was fine with using teh maffs in Physics class... which was one of my strongest subjects. 

Multiplication and Division, but out of those two, probably multiplication.

In fact, I love solving double digit multiplication(s?) in my head, because I think it's "fun"

I'm great at maths, but I'd have to say addition is actually my worst skill out of all of them, with multiplication being my best and subtraction being second best.

A little bit off topic, but as long as we're talking about maths, If there's one thing I don't know how to do though, it's factorizing.

The student teacher didn't do a very good job teaching us that one, but she was cool with everything else. It was that one topic she screwed up on, and I really have no idea how to do it.

Well. I'm terrible at maths, mostly from me being full of myself, and my awesome photographic memory, so yea.

None, probably. I've never taken the time to memorize them.

Multiplying if at least one of the terms isn't in double digits (and isn't a multiple of 5), but adding if they're both above 10.

Honestly, I don't need to worry about stuff like that much in Pre-Calc.  It's convenient when you see a basic operation and the answer just comes to you, but otherwise just punch it into your calculator like everything else.

And while we're on the subject of Pre-Calculus, BUCK the Binomial Theorem.  Partial Fraction Decompositions too.

I was a really big math wizz before I got into algebra and had all this other stuff to do.

Regardless in all honestly most of the time people are going to agree addition is easiest, its the first and one of the most basic operations you learn.

And I think division is the most complex and of the last you learn.

Addition and subtraction are pretty close though, and multiplication isn't terrribly hard per say. it just either requires some memory or alot of time to think(Or a calculator.)

You know what I hate working with though? Fractions >_>. They're annoying to me now. Honestly after I got into algebra I realized I am not as smart as I once thought.. :/.

Oh well, I'm still pretty good at atleast picking up and remembering things and learning new stuff pretty well. I have a pretty good teacher this year who is good at making me actually understand why we do this and that instead of just I got this down and I'll understand later like in pre algebra.

Although I still think Algebra is the subject I find myself scratching my head the most at. Even if just for a moment.. Not sure if its my worst or not. I personally think my worst is English, but I do make some dumb mistakes in math to.

Bah I'm rambling off topic aren't i :P. Sorry about that.

I'm bad at anything math related. I would say that I'm best at addition, but the comparison is negligible. I'd surprise you with how bad I am.

However, as someone who has a strength in linguistics, I can tell you that, yes, you did spell multiplying incorrectly.

DIVISION is by far the easiest for me. I am really bad at everything else. I don't actually know why; maybe it would be their direct correlation with fractions. 

I think I like multiplying the most. I just remember having a lot of fun learning it back in the day.

My best friend is a math prodigy to the point that in high school he took calculus as a sophomore and in his junior year, the head of the math department told him that there was nothing more our teachers could teach him. So, he had to start taking college math courses his junior and senior year. 

I, on the other hand, am terrible at math and repeated algebra I and II in high school. I failed my algebra course last semester in college but it wasn't necessary for my transfer so I wasn't upset. It's funny because my friends refer to me as the smarter one of our group (next to my math whiz friend) but my brains are mostly in theory not application.

I guess of the 4, my strongest is Addition. It is probably the 1st order of operations that we all learned in elementary school, and we continue to use it in our everyday lives.

I haven't been in a math class in over a year since finishing vector calculus in my freshman year of college. Make sure that you master all of these basic arithmetic skills if you want to even have a chance of surviving calculus in the future  :P .

No,I've never been very good at maths. I always take ages doing it. Ugh,I remember back in around 4th grade,everybody would be done before me. :L Division,if I had to choose. I'm actually not that good at adding. o_o

~