Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The butterfly effect story game.

Reiki Knight 13

(edited)

This is based on the movie time travel movie the Butterfly effect with a somewhat similar story game. 

I will now give a brief summary of how the game works, rules and so forth.

It is Me vs all of you in a battle of wits and story telling so to speak that is the first thing you should be aware of is.

(Edit note here.  an important note for this game is that it is for MLP characters or storylines only: G1 -G5 or EG)

The premise of the game is to fix any villain or tragic event that for whatever reason in the past  by time traveling non physically into the body of a close friend or relative to either the villain you're trying to save or the event you're trying to rewrite. 

Let me give a short  example to illustrate. Let's say you wanted to say fix Blueblood being a snob, you could very well  choose to travel back in time into a  younger Celestia and strongly discipline the rude stallion when he was much younger pony to correct that. 

My role is to then write out a clever counter story reason for what negative consequences are caused by your time travel meddling in the past and write it out in response. 

So, using the above example I might counter with something like "because Celestia was far harder on Blueblood when he was younger he grew up to loathe his title as prince and thus ran away never to be heard from again thus with an her broken heart Celestia sank into depression and Equestria fell apart. 

You as the players get 4 tries to fix the timeline  and if by the fourth you fail it is game over and we try another character or event. 

I lose if at any point the admins deem the consequences I write as unrealistic: character's behavior , or anything of the change deemed to absurd in nature to be plausible. 

Yet again using the above example if I were to say something like "Blueblood became better behaved but Smolder became a rich snob as a result" admin could very easily point out that Smolder being a dragon growing up in the dragon lands would have absolutely zero link to anything happening to Blueblood being or not being a snob. Thus if they pointed that out I would lose the game. 

I only get one shot on my end so should I mess up and admin finds a logical flaw within my argument it is victory for the players. 

So, who wants to play the game and battle me in a game of story and wits?

Start by choosing the villain or event you wish to change, then select who you enter into the past to alter it. 

Any questions do feel free to ask. 

Edited by Star heart 777
Needed to specify game is for MLP characters/stories

I go back in time into a younger Ebon and I turned myself in to the police while Ebon was keeping a younger Jimmy Osgood hostage and before he began to torture Johnny and thus Jimmy never attempted a mass shooting and Richie never got shot in the leg but since Jimmy never attempted a mass shooting, someone else wouldn't be discouraged from doing something similar and unlike Jimmy, he actually succeeded in killing people. (Link for context:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14169640/1/Jimmy-s-visit-with-Dr-Franklin).

Does that work?

6 hours ago, Theautisticrebel said:

I go back in time into a younger Ebon and I turned myself in to the police while Ebon was keeping a younger Jimmy Osgood hostage and before he began to torture Johnny and thus Jimmy never attempted a mass shooting and Richie never got shot in the leg but since Jimmy never attempted a mass shooting, someone else wouldn't be discouraged from doing something similar and unlike Jimmy, he actually succeeded in killing people. (Link for context:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14169640/1/Jimmy-s-visit-with-Dr-Franklin).

Does that work?

It's my fault here but I should have mentioned that the above was meant specifically for MLP (g1-G5 or EG). I apologize for that oversight on my part. 

I'll edit that and to be fair since that is my fault we'll just consider this one a loss for me.

Star 777 <(losses-1, wins -0)

This is the general score card I will update this as any games on progress.

1 hour ago, Star heart 777 said:

It's my fault here but I should have mentioned that the above was meant specifically for MLP (g1-G5 or EG). I apologize for that oversight on my part. 

I'll edit that and to be fair since that is my fault we'll just consider this one a loss for me.

Star 777 <(losses-1, wins -0)

This is the general score card I will update this as any games on progress.

Oh okay.