open IC: Opaline Alone (Private 1x1 RP with Catpone Cerberus)

Opaline Arcana

@Props Valroa
Cinder seemed relatively uninterested, not even meeting Opaline's gaze, probably not even noticing that she looked at her, she was hanging around the two Alicorns mainly to see if they did anything interesting, and besides, she was already a wanderer, so travelling in a group changed nothing. Noctuna however met Opaline's eyes, but it was hard to read anything from them, besides the redness caused by her exhausting day; it was something to be said about her, that regardless of her clear tiredness, she didn't really show it, nor did it seem to hinder her at all....or if it did hinder her, then what was she like at full energy? "That is fascinating indeed, and rises some questions about the potential, possibly late master of the night."  

"The lack of Alicorns is truly something to ponder." As Noctuna took flight, her 'dress' broke apart and faded away, she had gotten rope from somewhere, and had made it into a makeshift harness to carry the map and what looked like pages from a book; the Earth ponies had stopped following them when the left the city itself, but the ponies working on the fields kept their eyes on them until they were out of view "For it seems that they don't even have the concept, which implies that there may be something more complicated than mere non-existence at play." "Because I don't know about you, but to me it seems quite odd that from looks of it, not a single pony has as much as considered the potential for a being in whom the union of the three races exist." "Yet we know that the ponies have lived in harmony at some point, since like Cinder said earlier, this place is called Equestria, and ponies have been in control at some point. So what connected them if not an Alicorn?" "In my world, before everything went bad, the two sisters were indispensable in keeping the tense relations between the races under control, there is no way that anything but an Alicorn could win the trust of all three races, especially when they don't seem to trust even their own to rule them." She also wondered about the windigos, did they not exist here, or were they destroyed by some other means?

• Excited 1

Stevonnie.png.e39b58e3d79c1f98449985e3f187b367.png

“Cats!”  “Cats!”  “Music!”  “Cats!” “Cats! “(^・ω・^ )ノ” 
Ask me something! https://mlpforums.com/topic/139270-ask-the-cerberus/#entry4129993
Signature by @Stevonnie

@Catpone Cerberus

"This leads me to believe that if there were Alicorns, they have been gone for perhaps more than a thousand years, or even longer. If Alicorns never existed - there is no mention of what or who could have existed in their place from the Earth Pony texts. If they lived in so called "Harmony", it would have had to be long enough that legends and tales of it are very rare, if not unheard of. If the Alicorns were wiped out, perhaps it could have been the Draconequui? Discord? But even then I see no mention of someone such as Discord, even those of his race. This is very unusual." Opaline spoke, her brow furrowing as she tried to think about what could have caused this. Opaline's manner of flying indicated that she wanted something - as she was taking the lead, charging ahead - but maintaining close proximity to them. Opaline was clearly thinking about something that she desired - that she had not spoke of to either of them. "Maybe there is some other kind of God or Creature that we haven't heard or seen much of - perhaps something that doesn't have a physical form? The Sun and Moon have to move somehow." Opaline pondered.

• Party! 1

3252932.gif

@Props Valroa
"You hit the problem on the point my pure-blooded kin, if we were destroyed by someone, or something, then where are they?" "Certainly no being would have interest to to take down one species, if they weren't planning to take over?" "Yet there doesn't seem to be anything controlling things, no chaos, no noticeable forces; and where are beings like the windigos? the sirens?" "Creatures that feed on disharmony are notably lacking." Cinder commented on the conversation "If it helps, I have absolutely no clue what you two are on about, so whatever the things you talk about are, nobody has talked about them as long as I've been alive at least." 

"And what comes to the celestial objects, I still need to research them more for anything solid, but I can feel that at least this moon has magic in it, it is weak compared to the cursed moon I'm used to, but it is magic nonetheless." "Thus, in theory, it could be they move themselves, though it does rise the question of who or what made it so." "We also must acknowledge the bias on our judgement, we assume certain things as truths, while here they may not be so." Noctuna kept up with Opaline, seemingly without much effort, while Cinder didn't bother sticking close, and only made sure to stay at hearing distance if the two Alicorns sped up. 

"Speaking of truths, why earth ponies?" "We were a similar distance from each three races, and it was Earth Ponies you wanted to go to first, the least magically able from the three races." "Do you have some special connection to them, or were you planning to head to the lands of dragons' from the start?" 

• Excited 1

Stevonnie.png.e39b58e3d79c1f98449985e3f187b367.png

“Cats!”  “Cats!”  “Music!”  “Cats!” “Cats! “(^・ω・^ )ノ” 
Ask me something! https://mlpforums.com/topic/139270-ask-the-cerberus/#entry4129993
Signature by @Stevonnie

@Catpone Cerberus

Opaline noticed Noctuna's observations about Opaline's choice of location and she'd finally have to admit it here - as keeping the secret would be something that is not possible in the long run from her. "I require something there - and it was my plan to go there from the start. The Earth Ponies were simply the closest population of Ponies to where I needed to go." Opaline said, giving Noctuna some sort of answer - while also not telling the full truth just yet.

"It is also interesting to note, in some of the material I ended up reading there are Seven Moons. Was it always this way? Were there 7 Alicorns responsible for moving each different moon? Or were there one, or perhaps none at all? Perhaps we are thinking improperly here, and that perhaps there were no Alicorns at all in this world, anywhere, for whatever reason. I would surmise if that is truly the case, that perhaps whatever forces at work here are not visible to our eyes?" Opaline suggested, though really she was just shooting in the dark here. "What we do not find answers some questions. Whatever is at work here, is very likely not what we are familiar with. No Alicorns, No Sirens, Windigoes, or other such beings. The only guess I have other than what I've stated, is that whatever truth lay in the answers, perhaps there was a very deliberate attempt to scrub it out of history over a thousand years ago that succeeded." Opaline said, wondering what Noctuna thought of that potential. Cinder not knowing anything about what they were talking about may only serve to strengthen Opaline's current opinion of this world.

3252932.gif